Progressive Business Publications Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 8, 2017

Current Employees

Edward Satell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The biggest pro of PBP is the flexibility of my work schedule, and the relaxed work environment (in 13 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, Great people to work with (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay unless you are hitting bonus level (in 4 reviews)

• Employee turnover rate is horrific (in 4 reviews)

"Positive about the future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been able to work with some autonomy and grow the business segments within the realm of my responsibility. My role has not changed, but I have been able to better define the role and increase expectations and results. I enjoy those I work with, am challenged to by the fact there is more I can do to improve processes towards increasing revenue for the company and my division.

Cons

Low salary, but have been able to grow income through incentives.

"Neutral opinion, whats good is great but low pay"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Howland Corners, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Howland Corners, OH

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome schedule, will work with anything you have going on: school, kids, appointments and the like. All members of management are approachable... a TRUE open door policy.

Cons

Very high turn over, I am fearful if this is the day I will be let go, every day i go in. I am into my fifth week and have seen more than 10 people let go, and even more than that just stop showing up within their first and second week. Sales is difficult and not for everybody. Pay is min wage.

Advice to Management

Take more time to coach your reps.

May 8, 2014 – Business Team Manager

We actively recruit new talent into our sales organization and are always looking for the best people. Sales is a difficult profession and we work very hard as a company to provide our reps with the... More

3. "Fair opportunity to prove value and provide meaningful contribution"

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time

Pros

There is a sufficient opportunity provided for professional growth, there are impressive philanthropic efforts, and there is an effective use of performance metrics.

Cons

The benefits package is sub-par. There is not a designated individual to handle human resources-related questions and particularly questions related to health benefits coverage. This is a major shortcoming.

Advice to Management

Designate an assigned individual to communicate with employees regarding human resources issues and benefits-related issues.

Sep 3, 2014 – Business Team Manager

We have several people designated to help handle HR and benefits questions. If you are located in a branch, contact your branch manager. If you are located in our Malvern headquarters, you may ask... More

4. "Im stuck"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Wyomissing, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Wyomissing, PA

Pros

Lots of laughs at other people's complaints.

Cons

Lies email have to tell to client bur can't embellish to get the sale. Hypocritical bastards

Advice to Management

Take the heat for what you do. They always make it someone else fault. They pick a fall guy.

5. "Good company"

Current Employee - Editor in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Editor in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, organized company ... great place to learn and grow as a writer and editor.

Cons

They have too much turnover.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

"PBP review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The biggest pro of PBP is the flexibility of my work schedule, and the relaxed work environment.

Cons

Salaries are awful and not equal.

Also we can't pay new people a decent salary so we only hire new graduates most of the time who take a long time to train and get up to speed.

Nothing ever changes unless the owner wants it to.

Technology wise we've been in the stone ages forever!

HR doesn't do much to make people respectful of their coworkers' work environment.

Good employees are given more and more work, and ok employees are allowed to coast just getting by doing the minimum and are never fired. The workload is not even.

Little opportunity for career advancement.

Advice to Management

Pay people for the actual work they do and the experience they have.

And compensate people for their dedication and loyalty -- and a wawa gift card doesn't even come close to showing your appreciation. It's insulting and laughable, especially for people who have worked there for more than 10 years.

Listen and act on issues when employees bring things to your attention.

Sep 11, 2017 – Director of HR

We appreciate this helpful feedback. PBP encourages this employee to communicate to HR what the issue is related to your feeling that we need to make people respectful of their coworkers' work... More