Progressive Business Publications Reviews | Glassdoor

Progressive Business Publications Reviews

Updated November 6, 2016

Current Employees

Edward Satell

Pros
  • Flexible schedule and weekends off (in 11 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, Great people to work with (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Employee turnover rate is horrific (in 4 reviews)

• so far so good not sure what else to say but i need 20 words (in 2 reviews)

"Positive about the future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been able to work with some autonomy and grow the business segments within the realm of my responsibility. My role has not changed, but I have been able to better define the role and increase expectations and results. I enjoy those I work with, am challenged to by the fact there is more I can do to improve processes towards increasing revenue for the company and my division.

Cons

Low salary, but have been able to grow income through incentives.

"Neutral opinion, whats good is great but low pay"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Howland Corners, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Howland Corners, OH

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome schedule, will work with anything you have going on: school, kids, appointments and the like. All members of management are approachable... a TRUE open door policy.

Cons

Very high turn over, I am fearful if this is the day I will be let go, every day i go in. I am into my fifth week and have seen more than 10 people let go, and even more than that just stop showing up within their first and second week. Sales is difficult and not for everybody. Pay is min wage.

Advice to Management

Take more time to coach your reps.

Progressive Business Publications Response

May 8, 2014 – Business Team Manager

We actively recruit new talent into our sales organization and are always looking for the best people. Sales is a difficult profession and we work very hard as a company to provide our reps with the ... More

3. "Fair opportunity to prove value and provide meaningful contribution"

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time

Pros

There is a sufficient opportunity provided for professional growth, there are impressive philanthropic efforts, and there is an effective use of performance metrics.

Cons

The benefits package is sub-par. There is not a designated individual to handle human resources-related questions and particularly questions related to health benefits coverage. This is a major shortcoming.

Advice to Management

Designate an assigned individual to communicate with employees regarding human resources issues and benefits-related issues.

Progressive Business Publications Response

Sep 3, 2014 – Business Team Manager

We have several people designated to help handle HR and benefits questions. If you are located in a branch, contact your branch manager. If you are located in our Malvern headquarters, you may ask ... More

5. "Im stuck"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Wyomissing, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Wyomissing, PA

Pros

Lots of laughs at other people's complaints.

Cons

Lies email have to tell to client bur can't embellish to get the sale. Hypocritical bastards

Advice to Management

Take the heat for what you do. They always make it someone else fault. They pick a fall guy.