Progressive Business Publications Reviews | Glassdoor

Progressive Business Publications Reviews

Updated October 11, 2017

Current Employees

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The biggest pro of PBP is the flexibility of my work schedule, and the relaxed work environment (in 13 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, Great people to work with (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay unless you are hitting bonus level (in 4 reviews)

• Employee turnover rate is horrific (in 4 reviews)

"Great Experience!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Reading, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Reading, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Company offers allot of flexibility in it's scheduling, great for single Moms, students, etc.

Cons

As in any Sales environment, the Company expects results.

Advice to Management

More Training for New Hires.

"Good company, focused on sales & marketing."

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best part of PBP is that everyone is always open to new ideas and the management team is constantly looking for growth opportunities.

Cons

The biggest challenge is that sometimes there is not good teamwork between departments. At times there can be a "silo" approach or mentality to each business unit.

Advice to Management

PBP has a very good benefits program including profit sharing and 401k, so hopefully all that continues.

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

PBP focuses on playing to the strengths of their employees - recognizing that you're going to be better if you like what you're doing. It is a collegial atmosphere where people work hard but have fun. It's a particularly good company for new college graduates (or interns) as you are given real, meaningful work to do right away.

Cons

While PBP is a meritocracy and rewards employees who do well with more challenging work (which is good) there is not a lot of turnover so it can be difficult to move up.

4. "Good, Solid Company"

Pros

The people are great at PBP--a true team environment where everyone is willing to help you succeed. They are an intelligent, motivated group of people focused on serving customers and moving the company forward. PBP values it's employees and creates opportunities for them to grow.

Cons

They could move to a PTO system and be a little more transparent across departments.

Advice to Management

Please be more transparent about the position of the company...it's just good to know.

"Enjoy my job with stable company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Pros

Great job stability, and they always plan for the long-term...hierarchy is very minimal, all voices are heard and they encourage new thoughts and creative ideas from all employees. Great opportunities to interact and share ideas with other departments; Benefits are top-notch

Cons

Pay could be a bit higher for some of the positions; and the need to update computer databases and network speed

6. "Results Oriented Empowerment with Competitive Spirit"

Current Employee - CRM Director in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - CRM Director in Malvern, PA

Pros

The company truly believes in the people it hires for the long-term. Lots of latitude with support to get the job done. Results and contribution are valued over pedigree and title. Candor and innovation are expected and rewarded eliminating any barriers to success and growth.

Cons

Silo-ed organization and informal structure can create some lags in efficiency and best practice adoption. ON a personal level, the cons don't get in the way ...

7. "An excellent place to work."

Current Employee - IT Department in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - IT Department in Malvern, PA

Pros

PBP has a great atmosphere and great people. The work-life balance is great and I still have plenty of time for my family.

Cons

There are no con's I can think of off the top of my head, I truly enjoy the people and the atmosphere.

"I've always been treated fairly and I feel it's a great place to work."

Pros

Expectations are clear -- performance is rewarded. If you are struggling, there is plenty of help available -- you just need to ask. There's a good balance between hard work and socializing. Senior management encourages learning and development both inside and outside the office, and the benefits package is generous, even if the starting salaries are somewhat low for certain positions.

Cons

Technology has not always kept pace with growth.

9. "Awesome work culture! This company really supports both personal and professional development."

Current Employee - Morning Manager in Williamsport, PA
    Current Employee - Morning Manager in Williamsport, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In addition to the flexible work schedule, competitive pay, and opportunities for advancement- PBP's core values facilitate an environment I'm proud to be a part of.

Cons

Because of the flexibility of the work schedule you have to be self managed. For some, this can different and challenging from what they are used to.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

10. "Summer Internship Experience"

Current Intern - Data Analytics Intern in Malvern, PA
    Current Intern - Data Analytics Intern in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Although I have only been with Progressive Business Publications for a short time, I can see many positive things about the company. They have a wealth of employees that create a substantial amount of high quality content for their products. They offer a laid back work environment with a lax business casual dress code. The company is focused on giving back to the community and has a strong sense of corporate social responsibility.

Cons

The Progressive Business Publication brand has been tarnished through an outdated sales process. Even through all of the good things the company does, when you speak to others about who you work for there is typically a negative connotation to the conversation.

Advice to Management

Continue to explore other areas of business to enter into by actively engaging your customers.