Progressive Business Publications Reviews | Glassdoor

Progressive Business Publications Reviews

Updated July 20, 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Low pay unless you are hitting bonus level (in 4 reviews)

• Employee turnover rate is horrific (in 4 reviews)

1. "Moving in the right direction"

Pros

Great people and convenient location

Cons

Unqualified people in middle management

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach in the newsletters, conferences, online training programs and company blogs - all free and at your fingertips.

2. "Great time to join PBP"

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Very intelligent co-workers
    -Autonomous work-style
    -Opportunity for annual bonus and profit sharing
    -Ability to apply outside knowledge and previous work experience

Cons

-Long commute (but I am moving soon)
    -No other issues to report here (but Glass Door requires a minimum of 20 words)

Advice to Management

None, I look forward to some of the cool changes expected over the next few years! Keep up the great work.

3. "New leadership and changes are exciting to learn about. More communication and sharing information has been happening"

Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People I work with are great. I trust them and I feel as though people have my back. Issues are addressed most of the time

Cons

Building is outdated and needs to be made over. Because teams are spread out we don't talk about other areas as often as we should

Advice to Management

Keep sharing information

4. "Marketing Intern"

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Malvern, PA

Pros

The people at Progressive Business Publications are great and always there for help!

Cons

There is Not a lot of natural sunlight. It would be nice to see the daylight sometimes.

5. "New Direction"

Current Employee - Marketing in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time

Pros

Like many at the company, I've been at PBP for 5+ years. In that time, the company has evolved, culminating with the hiring of a new CEO - John Benbrook. John has brought a new focus and energy. The company is investing in the software and technology necessary to take us to the next level.

The company isn't perfect, but it's made up of hardworking individuals who care.

Cons

Getting IT resources is always a challenge.

I'd like to see more company-wide events. We used to have a annual company picnic, but that hasn't happened in a couple years.

Advice to Management

Focus on the long term.

6. "best job"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Meadville, PA

Pros

Wonderful place to work, all my co workers promote one another to do better. My manager Jen's the best

Cons

Starting rate of pay should be $8 per hour.

7. "manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA

Pros

Great people, company gives back to employees and to community. I am starting to hear about other parts of the business more and that's a good thing. I hope that continues.

Cons

getting things done in IT seems to take forever. My other company was able to support the business better with IT resources.

Advice to Management

keep asking employees and clients questions on how to improve.

8. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can feel the positive vibe from employees across the company. That makes coming to work rewarding which leads to me giving more of myself to the company. PBP continues to upgrade its technology, and is becoming even more data-driven with its focus on analytics and e-commerce. Well-diversified and stable, and has an entrepreneurial feel. We serve many thousands of customers in companies of all sizes across America which relates to the stability. It paid out for profit sharing again this year to employees and seems like it has done so every year going back many years. There is a new CEO and so far he seems to be a good addition for shaping the next phases for PBP. Hours of work are very reasonable.

Cons

Not enough days off provided.

Advice to Management

Reduce bottlenecks in I.T.

9. "I Love PBP!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Meadville, PA

Pros

Great atmosphere, wonderful sales team, good benefits and pay! Flexible schedule and weekends off!

Cons

I honestly can not say that there are any cons for me.. Sure it might have been nice to have more windows and natural light but other than that I can't think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Today was my last day at PBP after being there for almost 2 years. I was so sad to go. Jen Maziarz has been so good to my family over the years and I love her. She is such a wonderful manager with such a strong passion and true love for what she does. The managers are great and the training is top notch. There is a reason Meadville PBP has one of the highest pay up rates in the company-- it is because of our high standard for quality on each and every call, our knowledge and enthusiasm about our products, and our confidence! This is an awesome place to work and I will miss everyone so much!

10. "Found a dimond in the ruff in meadville pa"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Meadville, PA

Pros

What can I say the benifits the outstand posititive attudues in the office no weekends and flexable hours I work a 2nd job at nts in erie and I got appts and jen is so accomadating by the way meadville is number 1 in sales for the company GO MEADVILLE............

Cons

No cons for working here

Advice to Management

I happen to find the ad on craigslist for this company I said to my a call center in meadville I'm from erie pa I drive 40 miles to and from got hear saw how small of a contact center is and loved it rene who interviewed me was wonderful and jen the branch manager has a. Awsome personality and the rest of the managers back you up the office enviroment is good I got a great sales agent who sits next to me and enouages me to keep gooing thanks to her I'm doing outstanding so for all the negative comments I read about meadville I don't see it and there is no drug use or any of that so a big shout out to jen and the rest of the managers out thank you for helping me grow out of training thanks I love pbp