Progressive Business Publications Reviews | Glassdoor

Progressive Business Publications Reviews

Updated May 12, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Flexible schedule and weekends off (in 11 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, Great people to work with (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Employee turnover rate is horrific (in 4 reviews)

• so far so good not sure what else to say but i need 20 words (in 2 reviews)

1. "Built on values. Survived on results."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PBP is being run by some of the most brilliant minds in Publishing and Marketing. Flexible schedule, manageable work/life balance, long term benefits make it easy to meet professional and personal goals. Our new CEO is very friendly but also extremely focused on the future. His expectations have been made clear. That said, he is very inspiring and has all the qualities that a leader should. There are many divisions of the organization and potential for growth is vast. New infrastructure is being implemented which will put PBP in and excellent position with it's competitors. It's a very exciting time to work here!!

Cons

The home grown system is not very easy to navigate. Looking forward to new user platforms.

Advice to Management

I’d like management to encourage positive interactions among the employees.

2. "New leadership and changes are exciting to learn about. More communication and sharing information has been happening"

Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People I work with are great. I trust them and I feel as though people have my back. Issues are addressed most of the time

Cons

Building is outdated and needs to be made over. Because teams are spread out we don't talk about other areas as often as we should

Advice to Management

Keep sharing information

3. "Great Place to Expand Your Skills"

Current Employee - Marketing in Malvern, PA

Pros

Upper management is supportive of your career goals and any new business initiatives you come up with. Employees are super friendly and inviting. Hours are flexible.

Cons

Working in cubicles makes it hard to be collaborative with your team members. Divisions aren't connected - not sure what everyone else in the building is doing. Employee morale boosting events and programs are lacking. There aren't many windows - sunlight is necessary!

Advice to Management

Bridge the divisions together and bring back company events!

5. "Marketing Intern"

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Malvern, PA

Pros

The people at Progressive Business Publications are great and always there for help!

Cons

There is Not a lot of natural sunlight. It would be nice to see the daylight sometimes.

6. "New Direction"

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time

Pros

Like many at the company, I've been at PBP for 5+ years. In that time, the company has evolved, culminating with the hiring of a new CEO - John Benbrook. John has brought a new focus and energy. The company is investing in the software and technology necessary to take us to the next level.

The company isn't perfect, but it's made up of hardworking individuals who care.

Cons

Getting IT resources is always a challenge.

I'd like to see more company-wide events. We used to have a annual company picnic, but that hasn't happened in a couple years.

Advice to Management

Focus on the long term.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Bensalem, PA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Bensalem, PA

Pros

The pros of this company are quite obvious, flex schedule nice friendly atmosphere plenty of lighting. The office in Bensalem, the atmosphere is so pleasant. Everyone there is so willing to help you achieve your goals and there is plenty of room to advance. The branch manager is one of the nicest people. She is very understanding and works with everyone.

Cons

The insurance is too high. They should pay for managers insurance.

Advice to Management

Look after your managers better

8. "best job"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Meadville, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Meadville, PA

Pros

Wonderful place to work, all my co workers promote one another to do better. My manager Jen's the best

Cons

Starting rate of pay should be $8 per hour.

9. "manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA

Pros

Great people, company gives back to employees and to community. I am starting to hear about other parts of the business more and that's a good thing. I hope that continues.

Cons

getting things done in IT seems to take forever. My other company was able to support the business better with IT resources.

Advice to Management

keep asking employees and clients questions on how to improve.

10. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can feel the positive vibe from employees across the company. That makes coming to work rewarding which leads to me giving more of myself to the company. PBP continues to upgrade its technology, and is becoming even more data-driven with its focus on analytics and e-commerce. Well-diversified and stable, and has an entrepreneurial feel. We serve many thousands of customers in companies of all sizes across America which relates to the stability. It paid out for profit sharing again this year to employees and seems like it has done so every year going back many years. There is a new CEO and so far he seems to be a good addition for shaping the next phases for PBP. Hours of work are very reasonable.

Cons

Not enough days off provided.

Advice to Management

Reduce bottlenecks in I.T.

"Let me throw up positivity real quick"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Meadville, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Meadville, PA

I worked at Progressive Business Publications part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is friendly, almost otherworldly. You're given a fair chance at the job. Casual, relaxed, you are encouraged to be yourself.

Cons

It seems like all everyone does is throw up those catch phrases. I couldn't stand it. If you've worked there you know what I'm talking about. It seems so wonderful at first, but then you find yourself repeating those phrases. You are told you're an independent contractor, but you're not. You're being scammed to scam. You have to clock out to use the bathroom. And God forbid you try to occupy yourself while that "rejection machine" (see what I did I used a phrase) rings endlessly. Nobody picked up the phone? That's you're fault for not sending positive vibes into the computer. Your energy is keeping the contacts away, which is another thing, half of them tell you they're on the do not call list. Eventually you come In every day saying "I'm getting fired today". Don't get close to anyone, they'll disappear. And then when you finally get fired, she rips through the office making a big scene and angrily grabs your stuff from your desk and gets it for you, while you stand and watch everyone looking at you while she parades your stuff out. Because you're not allowed back in the office. It's so embarrassing. It feels like communism. And that's a weird way to put it because it's competitive, but you got queen bee, her minions and then the worker drones. And drone on and on and on. Have fun!

Advice to Management

Meh. You believe in it. Keep on keepin on.

Progressive Business Publications Response

Apr 23, 2015 – Business Team Manager

We believe that giving everyone a fair chance and encouraging them to be themselves contributes to our success and we appreciate that you recognized that. As a sales representative, you took on a ... More