Progressive Business Publications Reviews | Glassdoor

Progressive Business Publications Reviews

Updated October 11, 2017

Current Employees

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The biggest pro of PBP is the flexibility of my work schedule, and the relaxed work environment (in 13 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, Great people to work with (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay unless you are hitting bonus level (in 4 reviews)

• Employee turnover rate is horrific (in 4 reviews)

1. "New leadership and changes are exciting to learn about. More communication and sharing information has been happening"

Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People I work with are great. I trust them and I feel as though people have my back. Issues are addressed most of the time

Cons

Building is outdated and needs to be made over. Because teams are spread out we don't talk about other areas as often as we should

Advice to Management

Keep sharing information

2. "Great Place to Expand Your Skills"

Current Employee - Marketing in Malvern, PA

Pros

Upper management is supportive of your career goals and any new business initiatives you come up with. Employees are super friendly and inviting. Hours are flexible.

Cons

Working in cubicles makes it hard to be collaborative with your team members. Divisions aren't connected - not sure what everyone else in the building is doing. Employee morale boosting events and programs are lacking. There aren't many windows - sunlight is necessary!

Advice to Management

Bridge the divisions together and bring back company events!

3. "PBP Pros/Cons from a Current Employee"

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time

Pros

- Good work/life balance
    - Great people
    - Great manager/team
    - Opportunity / Entrepreneurial spirit

Cons

- IT/systems bottleneck projects at times
    - Business units function in separate silos
    - PTO is modest

Advice to Management

Work together to breakdown business unit silos for more robust product and brand.

"Half these reviews are fake"

Pros

Benefits and paid time off... Thats about it.

Cons

High school gossip all over the place. Mice infestation, period blood all over the bathroom floors and dust about half an inch thick above the cubicles. They tried to clean up a bathroom flooding by putting a fan on the carpet to dry it up... about a year later and this patch still smells of mold. The supervisors and managers are literally in meetings from 9-5 so there is no direction. Whenever asked for direction you are almost shut down and told to figure it out... You are paid a terrible salary while preforming your best. They say they are not bureaucratic, but they are nothing but. If you are not directly making the company money you are expendable during budget cuts (does not matter your position). Employee turnover rate is horrific.

Advice to Management

Listen and be more available to your employees. Knock off the buying of email lists and spamming thousands of peoples inboxes.

5. "New Direction"

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time

Pros

Like many at the company, I've been at PBP for 5+ years. In that time, the company has evolved, culminating with the hiring of a new CEO - John Benbrook. John has brought a new focus and energy. The company is investing in the software and technology necessary to take us to the next level.

The company isn't perfect, but it's made up of hardworking individuals who care.

Cons

Getting IT resources is always a challenge.

I'd like to see more company-wide events. We used to have a annual company picnic, but that hasn't happened in a couple years.

Advice to Management

Focus on the long term.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Bensalem, PA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Bensalem, PA

Pros

The pros of this company are quite obvious, flex schedule nice friendly atmosphere plenty of lighting. The office in Bensalem, the atmosphere is so pleasant. Everyone there is so willing to help you achieve your goals and there is plenty of room to advance. The branch manager is one of the nicest people. She is very understanding and works with everyone.

Cons

The insurance is too high. They should pay for managers insurance.

Advice to Management

Look after your managers better

7. "best job"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Meadville, PA

Pros

Wonderful place to work, all my co workers promote one another to do better. My manager Jen's the best

Cons

Starting rate of pay should be $8 per hour.

8. "manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, company gives back to employees and to community. I am starting to hear about other parts of the business more and that's a good thing. I hope that continues.

Cons

getting things done in IT seems to take forever. My other company was able to support the business better with IT resources.

Advice to Management

keep asking employees and clients questions on how to improve.

9. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can feel the positive vibe from employees across the company. That makes coming to work rewarding which leads to me giving more of myself to the company. PBP continues to upgrade its technology, and is becoming even more data-driven with its focus on analytics and e-commerce. Well-diversified and stable, and has an entrepreneurial feel. We serve many thousands of customers in companies of all sizes across America which relates to the stability. It paid out for profit sharing again this year to employees and seems like it has done so every year going back many years. There is a new CEO and so far he seems to be a good addition for shaping the next phases for PBP. Hours of work are very reasonable.

Cons

Not enough days off provided.

Advice to Management

Reduce bottlenecks in I.T.

10. "I Love PBP!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Meadville, PA

Pros

Great atmosphere, wonderful sales team, good benefits and pay! Flexible schedule and weekends off!

Cons

I honestly can not say that there are any cons for me.. Sure it might have been nice to have more windows and natural light but other than that I can't think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Today was my last day at PBP after being there for almost 2 years. I was so sad to go. Jen Maziarz has been so good to my family over the years and I love her. She is such a wonderful manager with such a strong passion and true love for what she does. The managers are great and the training is top notch. There is a reason Meadville PBP has one of the highest pay up rates in the company-- it is because of our high standard for quality on each and every call, our knowledge and enthusiasm about our products, and our confidence! This is an awesome place to work and I will miss everyone so much!