Progressive Insurance Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated May 28, 2017

Atlanta, GA

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends

Pros
  • Amazing schedule flexability and work/life balance (in 119 reviews)

• Flexible scheduling and work from home (in 69 reviews)

Cons
  • Talks a lot about work-life balance but puts it on the employees to find it themselves (in 117 reviews)

• The only con I see is the lack of call center locations (in 65 reviews)

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people, good support system and they give you the tools to do the job. Advancement opportunities are there if you want to work for them. Most people do not work in Auto Insurance claims because that is a career goal but if you are fortunate enough to be brought onto the Progressive team you learn to love the company which more than makes up for the bad days with the job. You know you can turn to your work mate and they will empathize and support you on those days.
    Mgmt has an open door policy and really listens to you. They listen to the feedback that we give and adjust appropriately.

Cons

Not any that I have found.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you are doing.

"Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Associate Attorney in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Associate Attorney in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best work life balance around! Good management in place.

Cons

Nit picky file reviews can be unnerving. Management issues appear to have been resolved.

Advice to Management

Keep making positive changes in management and keeping focus on employees and not "numbers."

"Not perfect but not too bad"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good compensation, job security, good work environment, great co-workers,

Cons

The company is constantly changing processes with little direction on how to accomplish the new process, sometimes unrealistic expectations. You handle the claim from start to finish, no total loss teams.

Advice to Management

More realistic processes...there are only 8 hours in a work day, let us focus on what's most important.

"Progressive"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is a company to get a start in the insurance field

Cons

I would not stay at that company more than 8-10 months.

Advice to Management

I'd advise them to continue to train and properly utilize their employees. I would also advise them to pay the employees more.

"Magement Repair Rep"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great community, work perks, company car, flexible hours, benefits, and time off

Cons

Company always has to be staffed, so it can be difficult to get time off

"Tough job. Great benefits. Hit or miss with management team."

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Competitive salary. Above average benefits. Bonus pay was excellent until it was changed. Multiple locations makes it easier to commute to work.

Cons

Low diversity in management. In Georgia it is the Good Old Boy network. This is not a reflection of the company as a whole.

Advice to Management

Hire more women and minorities. Place more emphasis on the value of employees.

"Claims Generalist"

Former Employee - Claims Generalist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Claims Generalist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent salary, flexible working hours, and work-from-home options available. Discounts available from various vendors for everything from wireless phone service to car buying assistance programs. Job security is also guaranteed unless employee engages in unsatisfactory behavior warranting termination. Profit sharing/Gainshare bonus in December is a plus.

Cons

Long hours with no overtime pay (except in CA), strenuous work load, must also constantly multi-task as an adjuster must handle claims and handle inbound, claims related phone calls which can be daunting. Must also be willing to deal with irate customers and constantly apologize for things beyond your control, as well as negotiate settlements that are often lower than the market value. If you cannot tolerate a high-stress, customer service drenched position this is not the job for you.

Advice to Management

This company claims to pride itself on being an establishment of which people "love to come to work", but that is totally opposite of the work environment in GA at least due to the heavy workload. Corporate is quick to implement new policies, but fail to make the necessary changes in how the work is distributed amongst it's claims reps which will continue to result in the loss of great employees. A customer service center specifically for claims should be created as opposed to requiring adjusters to field those calls while also handling claims. Company should also do away with current total loss handling procedures and pay customers via NADA value to reduce disputes and expedite claims settlement process. And stop writing policies to any and everyone with a dollar in their pocket to reduce the need for lengthy claims investigations that you're only going to pay once if the persons complains to enough managers!

"Everything has been overall well, great training, great people in my department just lacks a great deal of advancement."

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Training, company values and no same day like the other other

Cons

There can be heavy workload at times, lacks advancement if not in Ohio.

Advice to Management

Get a good pulse of employee to manager relationship to make sure everything going smooth.

"A good company"

Current Employee - Claims Generalist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Claims Generalist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stability, gain share bonus around Christmas, the ultimate resume builder, work perks decent benefits.

Cons

Insane work load. From my research on claims adjuster in other companies, Progressive has its employees doing so much more to manage claims.

Advice to Management

Depends on who your supervisor and manager is. Some supervisors are too busy to coach but if they stop to take the time to train newbies right then the less the newbies would have to bother them so much.

"Claims Generalist Intermediate"

Former Employee - Claims Generalist Intermediate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Claims Generalist Intermediate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great co-workers and gainshare is a nice bonus to get at the end of the year. Excellent benefits and 401k matching. They have an awesome training program for anyone looking to be in insurance claims.

Cons

People are over worked and constantly frustrated. There is too much empasis on meeting unrealistic expectations. I have never seen anyone be completely caught up and feel okay about leaving for the day. There is no way to advance your career with all the manangement restructures. You can move to different deparments but not advance. Also, the pay needs to be more competitive. Gainshare should be a bonus, not part of your salary.

Advice to Management

You have to balance the workload. There is no way you can do all that is required with the amount of claims that you receive everyday. I did it for over ten years, and left on my own free will because I saw no future for me other than claims. After handling injuries, there is nothing else to aspire to. In my last year at Progressive, almost all of the tenured reps have left the company. I think managment needs to really address it before Progressive becomes a rolling door--again.

Showing 16 of 1,764 reviews