Progressive Insurance "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Progressive Insurance Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Dec 20, 2019

3.7
Cons

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. Featured Review

"Customer Service Analyst - Awesome job!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone here is so nice, and is more than willing to help you. I had 6 weeks of sometimes intense, classroom setting training and it was so great to start out and be apart of a job that actually cares. They very much rely on values here, which is so awesome. I love it here. The work/life balance is good too.

Cons

It can be tough at times, but you have all of your resources there for you.

Progressive Insurance2019-09-05
  2. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay and benefits. This company truly believes in it's employees having a work/life balance.

Cons

none what so ever!! Keep up the great work

Progressive Insurance2019-11-18
  3. "Always changing, always challenging."

I have been working at Progressive Insurance

Pros

Benefits, salary, training, people, locations

Cons

Work life balance is diffiicult to maintain .

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing.

Progressive Insurance2019-12-18
  4. "Great Place to work!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time

Pros

Very good with work life balance, great culture

Cons

Had to work nights for a bit to get to a regular day shift

Progressive Insurance2019-11-19
  5. "Get ready for no work life balance"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Gainshare is nice when offered

Cons

- No work life balance - Management very poor - Slave-driving atmosphere - Understaffed and overworked

Advice to Management

The company as a whole has a great mission, however it is poorly executed at the office level. There is a lot of turnover and if you are an efficient employee, you can bet your workload is going to double every time someone leaves. My direct supervisor was very unapproachable and off putting. He constantly told us to talk to him if we need help, only to be ignored or told that he is busy and it will take some time. If your question was addressed, he would talk in circles to assure, if incorrect, nothing would come back on him. After working late and taking on other employees workload I went to my supervisor with concern. I was being efficient and staying late and could not catch up with the workload. His suggestion was “to think about my future with Progressive and if I want to excel I should stay late, work through my lunches and on weekends”. Sorry your company doesn’t care enough about me to spend all my waking hours there! Lots of tears shed from working there, glad to have moved on to a better place of employment!

Progressive Insurance2019-12-20

"Toxic Environment, AVOID for your SANITY"

Current Employee - CGI in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You are often told by management "be happy you have a job" so Pro is you have a job

Cons

This environment is very toxic! I am sure other offices are different but this Silver Spring office is horrible! The management micromanages disgustingly! It is a glorified call center here. -High micromanagement: the injury manager routinely walks by every 30-45 minutes to watch people - there is favoritism especially among tenure - no work life balance (even when you are off the clock you will get assigned work) -working from home is frowned upon -the district manager brings politics into the workplace and makes people feel uncomfortable -rules do not apply to everyone and are made up as you work -the company does not invest in their employees so don't expect any holiday parties, gifts, or anything (customer service week nothing is even given to the employees) -a lot of high school like gossip and cliques here -they are quick to write people up -raises are not given they are earned (they will avoid raises if they can) -in-office relationships are very common -if you speak about your workload to other employees you can get written up -if a favored employee fails to do their work then management will have other staff members do their work rather than have that employee work on it or report them -Managers have relations with regular staff members You are constantly judged for what you don't do rather than praised for any positives.

Advice to Management

This environment is very toxic, there are tons of changes that need to be made. Free mental health care should be provided if you expect people to work under these conditions.

Progressive Insurance2019-12-04
  7. "Excellent"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work Life Balance GainShare Flexibility Advancement Opportunities

Cons

Fast Pace Constant Change Survey Base

Advice to Management

Always willing to help

Progressive Insurance2019-10-21

"Avoid"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the people are really nice, and that makes the job cool, and welcoming. You get to work from home after being onsite for 6 months.

Cons

This place has so many things they need to improve on its crazy. My best advise for anyone considering this place ask yourself one question: is this place actually better than my current job? If you have a good job, and are thinking of leaving it to come here. DO NOT DO IT!!! this job and the management will stress you out. There is no work life balance because the schedules are bad, and at the end of the day you will be left hating coming here. And because you have to earn your time off it’s really hard to actually get time off without unpaid time or an occurrence. They aren’t here to help you like they want you to believe.

Advice to Management

I can’t help y’all. Try doing an honest survey with your current employees. This place is not the best place to work, and people are not as happy as they seem.

Progressive Insurance2019-11-04
  9. "Good"

Current Employee - Claims Support Specialist

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay and work life balance are good overall

Cons

Fast Paced work environment overall

Progressive Insurance2019-09-27
  10. "I love Progressive!"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster/Generalist in Akron, OH

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary, Benefits, Work Life Balance, Work Environment, Culture, CEO, Facilities, Time off, Career Development, Room for Growth and Development

Cons

There are absolutely no down sides to working for this company.

Advice to Management

NONE

Progressive Insurance2019-09-24