Found 784 of over 7K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Progressive Insurance
Got a burning question about Progressive Insurance? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Progressive Insurance employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits provided were great and cheap" (in 702 reviews)
- "Pretty good pay for taking calls all day and having a license to take with you." (in 570 reviews)
- "work from home and flexible schedules are great." (in 347 reviews)
- "Great people; I genuinely like the people I interacted with throughout my time w/ Progressive." (in 285 reviews)
- "Great culture and very family oriented" (in 234 reviews)
- "No work life balance... overload of claims and its quanity over quality but they stress the customer service piece" (in 276 reviews)
- "Poor management and contradicting ethics." (in 226 reviews)
- "Heavy work load that requires time management and efficiency to be successful" (in 132 reviews)
- "One manager was great." (in 116 reviews)
- "The team you are on can be changed on whim with very little notice and moved under a different supervisor." (in 116 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Progressive Insurance and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Dec 11, 2020Claims AdjusterCurrent Employee
The pay is really good and the culture in the company is overall inviting and pleasant
You’re going to work for your money. Work life balance is preached here but in all actuality it’s not that easy to do that. The company tends to be reactive to issues instead of proactive so those on the front lines are dealing with a lot more than they probably need to.2
- 3.0Nov 25, 2015Medical Pay AdjusterCurrent EmployeeRiverview, FL
THE PEOPLE ARE GREAT AND THE INSURANCE
The job duties are unrealistic. No work life balance... overload of claims and its quanity over quality but they stress the customer service piece10
- 3.0Jul 28, 2019Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Great company culture and bonus system.
No work life balance as you will work 50 plus hours weekly to try and keep up with the work and not get ahead!1
- 4.0Jul 18, 2023Claims AdjusterCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsHudson, WI
Great work culture and you do feel like the company cares about you and your development.
Work life balance can be challenging at times but you are salary so it's up to you how to manage your workload and time
- 1.0Jul 23, 2019Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Medical insurance is on point
Current Progressive employee. I warn anyone who considers getting a job for this company. The pay is mediocre, the vacation/sick time laughable and the expectations and work load insurmountable. Do you want to be a modern day slave putting in 12-15 hours a day for a company that could care less about a work life balance? I am in no way exaggerating when I say that working overtime without pay is a requirement of this job. Want to leave at 5pm but the constant ringing of your phone for both your own and the entire companies work list hasnt relented so you were unable to conquer your laundry list of priorities. Get ready for the side eye and extreme guilt laid upon you for attempting to take care of yourself. This company in no way cares you you little slave— you cant volunteer unless its a weekend, theyll cancel employee events if they think theres too much work, and require you to “volunteer” your Saturdays to work even more. Run away fast from this hell on earth.7
- 3.0Apr 5, 2019DesignerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsCleveland, OH
Progressive in general has a really great culture. It does, however, change depending on your manager or department. It is up to EVERYONE to upload our values & culture. Gym is nice, and the classes are great Cafeteria has good food (though not free) Work/life balance is possible but it's something that you personally have to define and enforce
Communication & misalignment between teams/departments Less support the more experienced you get in your role Upper management tends to make decisions that affect your day to day role without consulting you and making sure you are supported properly No design mentors / no design leadership Designers are siloed in their departments (as intended) however there's no community or direction for designers which makes collaboration & consistency very difficult Underpaid1
- 3.0Jul 4, 2023Senior Property AdjusterCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearNashville, TN
Excellent insurance and steady salary. Good gain share bonus only when company is doing good. If you like a guaranteed pay every month it’s excellent.
Will work you at an unattainable expectation. Work life balance will be impacted and will need to work after hours to complete work. You will be expected to complete multiple task and other work outside your normal work duties. Surprise duties will happen.
- 2.0Aug 3, 2022Claims AdjusterCurrent Employee
Good benefits and yearly bonus
Constantly under staffed, their motto should be “help is on the way” except help never comes, and they work you to the bone. Friends and co-workers were just as burn out and depressed due to being overworked. No one is actually happy working there. ZERO work life balance and they still expect you to attend meetings and meet your numbers while you drown.2
- 1.0Apr 7, 2016Claims GeneralistFormer InternEl Paso, TX
Pay , Benefits, Nice Office, Centralized Location, gainsharing
Fast paced environment with extremely high STRESS and unreasonable workload and expectations. Expectations are unreasonably high and get higher every year. Most positions are salary and the company takes advantage of it. Employees constantly work extra hours and there is no such thing as work life balance. Working extra hours is an REQUIREMENT especially for the supervisors who i feel sorry for. I've seen several people get physically sick from the high levels of stress and the high pressures of the job but upper management just doesn't care. Work environment is negative, employees are not valued, no sense of accomplishment.5
- 4.0Jun 26, 2023SaalesCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearHouston, TX
Pay is really good. They take their time to train you and you get to keep your license. Benefits are amazing
They have very poor schedules to choose from which results into no work life balance.