Progressive Software Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Progressive Software Solutions Reviews

3.6
Robert Daino
1 Rating

"Great people, good atmosphere, must like to travel to on-site locations."

Former Employee - Software Development Internship in Albany, OR
    Former Employee - Software Development Internship in Albany, OR

Pros

Good management, benefits, work-life balance.

Cons

On-site client visits can last for weeks and may appear to have no end in sight at times, but compensation is good.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. "Major Diassapointment for what appeared to be an ideal workplace"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Newport News, VA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Newport News, VA

I worked at Progressive Software Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Many highly intelligent and capable employess

Cons

Management. Too many bosses and never know who you are to answer to. They contradict each other and don't back up what they informed you.

Worse. I was reprimanded instead of praised for finding more elegant solutions that required much less time to execute and would produce more accurate results.

Additionally, I was reprimanded for wanting to understand as much as possible about what we were creating. It wasn't until about the time I quit that I was able to determine the nature of the software being designed. I was toId I was trying to create a great product when a sufficient product would suffice.

An owner once even yelled at me and slammed the door on me during a yearly review because I answered a question on a self evaluation form I was required to fill out that my integrity was was more important than my job. I never stated that I was ever asked to compromise my integrity but that was the reaction I received.

By the way these self evaluation forms are required to be completed but the management never even views them.

By far the most hostile work environment I've ever had the displeasure of being a part of.

Advice to Management

Structure your line of command and stand behind what you advise your personal to do.

3. "Controller"

Current Employee - Controller & Sales Director in Thornhill, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Controller & Sales Director in Thornhill, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Progressive Software Solutions (More than 5 years)

Pros

Managements life balance and flexible attitude towards employees life goals. Willingness to try new methods and new ideas as it pertains to software and computer systems

Cons

Company is far too connected to its suppliers. The decisions that are beyond managements control have far too much influence on the company's future

Advice to Management

Continue establishing your own applications that are not dependant on suppliers source codes.