Progressus Therapy Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Progressus Therapy President & CEO Janet M. Knupp
Janet M. Knupp

1. "Data Entry Specialist"

Former Employee - Data Entry Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Data Entry Specialist in Tampa, FL

I worked at Progressus Therapy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not difficult tasks to perform. A manageable schedule M-F 8-5. No weekends.

Cons

Lack of camaraderie among the employees.

Advice to Management

Promote social activities to get to know each other better.

"Very good company!"

Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Progressus Therapy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with this company for 5 years and I am very pleased with them. I have felt supported and well compensated. My hours have been predictable and they have a good rapport with the company they contract with. I have felt good job security despite they contract with another company. As long as I do a good job, they keep renewing my contract.

Cons

My raise has not increased a lot since I started with them but it's partly because I started high and the economy and competition out there. I wish I had more colleagues in my area to connect with from the same company. One downside for me is that Progressus only contracts with charter schools in this area so it limits opportunities within the company.

"Easy to work with."

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Progressus Therapy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good company, great people, san francisco school district is awesome to work at with great staff for OT/PT/APE. Good support.

Cons

Based in florida, takes a little bit of time to get your work done. response time can be long with any questions or concerns.

Advice to Management

Respond faster, compensations needs to be more competitive to market rate.

"A Company that cares"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Progressus Therapy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at Progressus for over a year before moving onto another opportunity. Fair benefits package and compensation program. Good team environment. Recruitment staff works well together and cross functionally with other departments. CEO cares about the people and truly believes in what Progressus offers and stands for as an organization. Easy to get along with and very energetic. HR staff cares about the therapists. You can self manage your every day work activity. Not micro-managed. Quiet office to get work done it, sometimes almost too quiet. Company seems to be continuing to grow well, year over year. Relatively normal office hours. Great views of the Bay from the office space!

Cons

Base salary for recruiters could be better. Institution of a quarter employee review would be nice to gauge effectiveness level of employees and to determine if base salary raises would be warranted. Self motivation and drive is def a required quality. Certain times of the year can be quite slow, but a good employee will find a way to continue to be productive and engaged. To quiet sometimes in the office, but that could be seen as a Pro as well.

Advice to Management

Bi Annual (at least) performance reviews to determine if raise necessary. Start base salary a bit hirer for a quality hire. Continue to look into ways/strategies to build a stronger cross functional department. Tensions/communication between departments can sometimes deteriorate/become strained (especially when work loads are priorities are high). Goals sometimes for recruiting and other departments can be lofty that is expected by parent company.

"Great company, overall!"

Former Employee - Career Services Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Career Services Manager in Tampa, FL

Pros

Progressus has a great office filled with incredibly thoughtful people. Everyone was extremely nice and welcoming. They are more than willing to be flexible with your schedule and really believe in a work-life balance. Janet, the CEO is very fast paced, but overly involved. She's not too big for any problem and is more than willing to help in any way she is able.

Cons

The only con, I encountered, was salary. The commission structure is that of a corporate recruiter, paid in small bonuses, but the base salary doesn't match that type of plan. I do believe they're in the process of changing this.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture the way it is, don't go overly corporate on it. Work on fixing the commission structure and/or raise the base salary, to cultivate an environment of success.

"Great Company support"

Former Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Corona, CA
    Former Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Corona, CA

I worked at Progressus Therapy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They accomodated my placement preferences and provided management support always when needed. They have many online educational libraries for professional growth. They were fair in offering increase in pay depending on experience.

Cons

Can be hard to collaborate with others in the same position since it's a large company and employees are spread out nationwide.

Advice to Management

My experience with management was always great. They were always available.

"Find another therapy company, there are plenty more out there"

Former Employee - Occupational Therapist in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Occupational Therapist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Progressus Therapy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only way to get an OT job through SFUSD. They reimburse up to $500 in therapy supplies (but that's only because SFUSD doesn't give you anything).

Cons

NO PTO, sick days or holidays paid! As the hiring therapy company they are not at all involved in your work, growth, development, or training. HR is unexperienced. We all had to redo our W2s because of an HR error and they were not happy to reimburse the notary fee. They promise free trainings and courses, but make exuses when you ask about what's available. Sent me conflicting information regarding my benefits at the end of my contract. My insurance lapsed because they ended it too soon and they did not reimburse what they took out of my paycheck for insurance I no longer had.

Advice to Management

Get it together. Have more oversight into what is going on with your employees. Have more support and better training for your employees. Get your HR together!

"Making a difference in the lives of children with special needs"

Current Employee - Associate in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Associate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Progressus Therapy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Organization is very focused on driving positive outcomes for children and for our employees. A lot of focus is on talent and building strong, diverse teams. Company is nationwide and growing under new, stronger management.

Cons

Has had a history of leadership changes, but now is much more solid in its management.

Advice to Management

Continue to drive the business with a focus on its mission.

10. "SLP in public school"

I have been working at Progressus Therapy full-time

Pros

The team is friendly and the support from the company is adequate

Cons

The nature of contracting in the public school district means high caseloads and lots of paperwork.

11. "Good company"

Pros

Good mentoring for new therapists

Cons

Limited pay raises even after 5 years with company