Project A Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 1, 2019

4.9
Project A CEO Florian Heinemann
Florian Heinemann

"Experience is highly variable- depends on department"

I worked at Project A full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Very talented and intelligent coworkers. If in the right position, one can learn a lot and grow professionally. - If you want to do something that helps the company gain exposure, they are very supportive (host events, workshops, presentations). - Sometimes people do get very varied projects and this helps gain experience quickly. However, the company has changed directions and now it is not uncommon to be on the same project for more than a year.

Cons

- Several departments are paid significantly under market value and offer zero career growth opportunities. - For a "startup environment" there are a lot of politics and change is extremely slow. - Departments do not collaborate, are often working in silos. - Company culture is exclusive and segregated. Some departments are favored significantly more than others.

Project A2017-10-04

October 13, 2017Employer Branding Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are grateful for your honest feedback on your past working experience at Project A. Besides the positive aspects of working at Project A you also touched upon some current challenges. You are right, career growth and salaries are big topics at Project A. That is why we conducted career path meetings with every full-time employee over the last couple of weeks to find suitable solutions for individual career growth. Hand-in-hand with our career path meetings, we benchmarked all our salaries to the industry standard. It may be possible that your employment with Project A already ended before this development. Furthermore, we continuously try to support and improve the work across departments with interdisciplinary projects and foster a culture of togetherness with regular team events and workshops. I am sorry that you had a different experience when you were employed at Project A, since we aim to keep every employee updated about current projects. That is why we are glad to have, amongst others, our weekly All-Hands meetings which are great ways to foster collaboration. We would be glad to get an even more detailed feedback from you. Always feel free to send us an e-mail to feedback@project-a.com. Best regards Marian Jarzak Employer Branding Manager

2. "Amazing experience"

I have been working at Project A full-time

Pros

I was impressed by the great company culture! There are plenty of opportunities to develop your career, learn from experienced experts, and have fun / meet new people on all of the company events.

Cons

Can not think of any.

Project A2017-08-22
  3. "Nice place to work"

I have been working at Project A

Pros

- Great colleagues - Possibility to work on different projects

Cons

Learning / career development

Project A2017-08-23
  4. "Very good"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin

I worked at Project A full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good atmosphere, a lot of learnings, flexibility, interesting incubation projects, great tech team.

Cons

Still startup like environment.

Project A2017-03-02
  5. "Fascinant Place to Work"

Business Development Internship in São Paulo, São Paulo

I worked at Project A

Pros

- High learn curve - A lot of exposure to new ideas and entrepreneurs - High level team

Cons

- no cons at all, loved the job

Project A2016-09-16
  6. "The best VC to work for in Berlin"

Analyst in Berlin

I have been working at Project A

Pros

Project A has a different approach towards being a VC: Through the operational involvement, real value for the portfolio companies is added. The operational experts are working closely together with the ventures and are experiencing challenging and diverse projects within the teams. From a VC perspective, it is great to be well-connected to the operational experts in order to learn more about how building a startup actually works - you're not in a bubble. The tasks are challenging and you get hands-on experience and important tasks from day one.

Cons

There could be even more opportunities for cross-department exchange, but it already works really well

Project A2016-07-20
  7. "Great experience"

Junior PHP Developer in Berlin

I worked at Project A

Pros

- flat hierarchies - awesome people / community - many learnings / events / projects - competitive salary - really values its employees needs

Cons

- none, really great experiences

Project A2016-03-29
  8. "Persönlich, professionell und fürsorglich"

I have been working at Project A full-time

Pros

Freundliche Kollegen mit bodenständiger Natur. Das Boarding war sehr informativ und man kann sagen, dass sich HR wirklich um den persönlichen und beruflichen Erfolg der Mitarbeiter kümmert.

Cons

Dies ist kein Nachteil, aber eine große Bereicherung für den On-Boarding-Prozess wäre, wenn Gründer / oberes Management Einblick in die Unternehmensgeschichte und -vision für die Zukunft geben.

Project A2019-01-07
  9. "Professionell, persönlicher Bewerbungsprozess"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin

I have been working at Project A full-time for less than a year

Pros

Junges, dynamisches Team. Internationalität, verschiedenste Hintergründe der Mitarbeiter. Abwechslungsreiche Arbeit mit den Portfoliounternehmen.

Cons

Eher hohe Fluktuation durch Mitarbeiterwachstum, -wechsel oder neue Portfoliounternehmen.

Project A2018-08-15

August 31, 2018Employer Branding Manager

Danke, dass Du Dir Zeit genommen hast Project A zu bewerten. Wir freuen uns, dass Du dich in unserem jungen, dynamischen und internationalen Team wohlfühlst und Dir der Bewerbungsprozess gefallen hat. If you would like to give even more feedback, feel free to send us an e-mail to feedback@project-a.com. Liebe Grüße Marian Jarzak Employer Branding Manager

Continue reading
  10. "Super Firma, absolut empfehlenswert"

Former Employee - Produkt Manager in Berlin

I worked at Project A full-time for more than a year

Pros

- nette, junge, motivierte Kollegen - Spannende Themen - Abwechselungsreich - viel Spass bei der Arbeit - grosser Lernfaktor

Cons

- Ich habe nichts negatives anzumerken.

Project A2018-01-05

January 11, 2018Employer Branding Manager

Danke, dass Du Dir Zeit genommen hast Project A zu bewerten. Wir freuen uns, dass es Dir bei Project A gefallen hat und Du viel Spaß bei deiner abwechslungsreichen Arbeit gemeinsam mit deinen Kollegen hattest. Gegenseitiger Respekt und Wertschätzung untereinander steht bei uns an erster Stelle. Den großen Lernfaktor garantieren wir durch einen stetigen Wissenstransfer durch abteilungsübergreifende Projekte. Hast Du noch weiteres Feedback? Schick' uns gern eine E-Mail an feedback@project-a.com. Liebe Grüße Marian Jarzak Employer Branding Manager

Found 28 reviews