Project Time & Cost, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sr Cost Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Project Time & Cost, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good place to work with good people

Cons

Lack of backlog from time to time

2. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Former Employee in Decatur, GA
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Decatur, GA

I worked at Project Time & Cost, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people. Very hardworking and knowledgeable

Cons

Mgmt can get caught up in only clients and forget about who is doing the work. Communication to the employees could be better

Advice to Management

Focus on your people. You have a great group.

3. "OK - For Contract Work"

Pros

An environment where you can succeed.

Cons

Communication between management and employees.

4. "VERY Poor Senior Management"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Project Time & Cost, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you're good at what you do they tried to keep you even in the worst of times with little or no work. New Senior management seems to have them on the right track -Finally!

Cons

From late 2009 - 2012 very - very - very - poor senior management in charge. PT&C hired a lot of personnel in 2006-2009 time fame that had few technical and fewer people skills. The combination of poor Management and worker level quality issues quickly drove what had been a good company into the ground.

Advice to Management

From now on keep your DOE nepotism level to a minimum and you may actually rises from the ashes of near bankruptcy.. In fact I hope you do.

5. "Senior Cost Engineer"

Pros

Interesting Projects. And interesting projects

Cons

Lots of travel. Too much

"My time at PT&C was very rewarding."

Former Employee - Senior Cost Consultant in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Cost Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at Project Time & Cost, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The high level of Professionalism amongst the people that I worked with and the challenges presented were exceptional. The traveling to various project location was very rewarding.

Cons

The down times due to lack of work made the future employment with the company a challenge. This was not very conducive to any personal long term planning.

Advice to Management

None

"I worked there six years, then got terminated when work got slow."

Former Employee - Cost Estimator
    Former Employee - Cost Estimator

I worked at Project Time & Cost, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Projects were interesting, and often challenging.

Cons

When I first started, I worked in the forensic division, which has since been sold. We did forensic analysis after hurricanes Katrina and Rita (2005). We typically worked 70 and 80 hour weeks, were paid for 40 hour weeks. We were promised a large bonus at the end of the assignment, but the company manipulated the books so no bonus was paid. I am still angry about that.

I moved to the cost estimating division, performed estimating and scheduling for the Department of Energy mostly. Lots of travel, some years was gone 50 weeks. The work was interesting, sometimes even challenging. For the first four years there was plenty of work, then the bottom started falling out. Eventually the company dropped from about 150 project controls personnel down to 50, at which point it was my turn to get terminated. Remarkably, they forgot to fire me the week of an all hands conference call, at which the CEO announced that the company had been forced to make some tough decisions, but everything was now OK. That call was on a Wednesday as I recall. Friday afternoon I was terminated. Pretty ugly.

If you go to work for this company, understand that you are there as long as you are employed on a project, then you are dust. Negotiate the best salary, do not believe any promises of bonuses etc., only believe what is strictly on your paycheck. And keep your resume updated at all times, and in circulation.

Advice to Management

This is ironic, I actually liked some of the upper management. I don't imagine recommending that management be honest with employees is very useful, certainly that has never been the policy at this company, at least after they were purchased by the investment group. No doubt the company is trying to primp itself so it can be sold off, and that would probably be the best thing that could happen.

"PT&C is a terrible place to work."

Current Employee - Cost Estimator in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Cost Estimator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Project Time & Cost, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It was a decent company when I started here.

Cons

A good old boys club does not begin to describe this place. They have way too many VPs that do nothing except sit around and brag about how important they are and how much money they make. The best and brightest employees get fired when work is slow. There is no communication with and no respect for workers at all. No career advancement. The person who wrote about discrimination is right - I have personally witnessed a lot of corruption. PT&C thinks itself above the law, but it is common knowledge the company is being sued by many former employees for discrimination. The personnel department is a joke and they openly badmouth current and former employees. People say the CEO is only here to dismantle the company and if he gets it ready to sell by the end of the 2014., he'll get a million dollar bonus.

Advice to Management

Selling the forensic divisionwas a horrible mistake but I am sure they the forensic employees were glad to go with all things considered. They should have gotten rid of some of the members of "upper" management instead. The CEO is an arrogant SOB - everyone hates him.

"No respect for employees"

Former Employee - Cost Estimator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Cost Estimator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Project Time & Cost, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They had very interesting projects

Cons

There was no respect for employees

"Company discriminates against women and minorities"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Project Time & Cost, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They do good work. (If they can find it.) The company is struggling now and people are jumping ship.

Cons

Joe McGonagle, the new CEO, manages the company like he's still in the Marine Corp. Anyone who offers suggestions or ideas is canned. Forget about talking to him - he'll consider you insubordinate. Women are not promoted in this company nor hired into senior positions. There is no support for human resoiurces, and this impacts all the employees.. Despite being a federal contrator, PT&C refuses to follow state and federal employment laws. It's notable that there are only 3-4 African American employees despite being located in Atlanta. Also, the company does not pay its bills on time.

Advice to Management

Try following the law. Respect your employees. And break up your good ole boys club.