Projectline Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Mike Kichline

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Marketing Coordinator"

I have been working at Projectline Services full-time

Pros

Great work/life balance. Company that thoughtfully engages with their employees and actively display their core values.

Cons

Working remotely often leaves you feeling "out of touch", but if you're persistent in staying active within the PL community you will feel a part of the company culture.

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Projectline Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've worked for 2 other vendor companies in the area and Projectline Services rates at the top of the list. Pros: They are incredibly invested in your success and appreciative, don't micromanage you, are very transparent about their business and opportunities, offer great training, and provide awesome benefits. A special shout-out to their small IT department that helps with any glitches you encounter with your PC or software, saving lots of time and headache!

Cons

I haven't come across any downside so far.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Your dedication to your employees and transparency is inspiring.

"Remote Work Done Well"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Projectline Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're looking for a job change and not sure what you want, or you want to engage in the workforce in a different way, or you want more flexibility, Projectline could be the perfect place for you.

After 10+ years in corporate offices in FTE roles, I began freelancing. I loved the flexibility in my days, working remotely, and getting the opportunity to work on a variety of projects. But I didn't love not knowing where my next paycheck would come from. Enter Projectline....

Projectline has all the benefits of the FTE life (i.e. they provide you with a laptop; offer benefits - health/dental/vision, 401k; time off; and a bi-weekly paycheck) blended with the benefits of contract work (e.g. variety of projects, long-standing client relationships, remote work and flexibility, etc.).

My current contract engagement is with one of their biggest clients - that little tech co over in Redmond - and I feel so engaged both with my client team, as well as with the Projectline team. Although it’s easy for a company like Projectline to forget about its contractors or consider them as less-than-staff, I love that the leadership team really makes an effort to bring us together, nurture our growth, and feel like we matter (more than as a billable headcount). There are monthly calls, regular emails, and a variety of learning opportunities from expert Webinars to other resources.

The Projectline experience is largely up to you - it can be as wonderful as you make it, or as awful. It's in YOUR hands to choose whether to engage or not, and the team is there when you want to be in the driver's seat. Management does not micromanage; they allow you to own the client relationship and nurture you to do your best work.

Cons

There's usually room for improvement, but as I'm relatively still new to the team, the biggest areas for opportunity I've found were client interviewing and onboarding. I was impressed by some aspects, and disappointed by others. I'll be providing more detailed and thorough feedback to management directly, but suffice to say the process was a little clunky. That said, it hasn't left a lasting negative impression on my overall opinion of the company.

One other con, which isn't specific to Projectline but more of a con overall with similar contracting agencies is a lack of transparency in client cost vs your pay. The flip side is Projectline does much of the legwork in identifying opportunities and putting you forth as a candidate, but I remain curious about markup costs.

Advice to Management

You have a really solid foundation in place around operating well and optimizing for growth, but with a few minor tweaks along the way, I think Projectline could go from great to stellar.

"Great people"

Former Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Projectline Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They truly care about you and your career path even when you're on the consulting side of the business. Everyone is super supportive, honest, open and treats people with respect. It was refreshing working with people that treat you like an adult!

Cons

Some of the projects aren't that interesting in terms of what you actually do once in your role, but the people you do it with make up for that. The one con really just is the nature of the consulting beast when you work with huge clients: contract renewal transparency. Always a little anxious when contracts come up for renewal but I could tell Projectline management really wanted to do what was best for the team, even though their hands might have been tied by client ambiguity.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

5. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator

I have been working at Projectline Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible, ongoing training/support and opportunities to expand skill set and learn new things.

Cons

Not a lot of room for advancement.

6. "Supportive team structure"

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Projectline Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits for contractors, help securing new contracts, strong team environment among other contractors.

Cons

Same cons as with any consulting company - lack of steady employment, somewhat isolating if you only work from home.

7. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Marketing Program Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Marketing Program Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Projectline Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was at Projectline for 1 1/2 years and it was a blast. Love the people and the values they support.
    Management at Projectline walks the talk and they are very supportive when it comes to both professional and personal challenges. I would highly recommend them as an employer.

Cons

More partnership on upcoming contract renewals would make this even better ;)

"Great company!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Projectline Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Projectline is wonderful company for contract workers in marketing and communications. The opportunities are vast and the client base comprises well-known global companies. I highly recommend Projectline if you are looking for a partner for marketing resources or if you are a contractor looking for work.

Cons

Benefits are just ok.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

9. "Best job I have ever had!"

I have been working at Projectline Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Projectline is the first company that I have worked for that I can truly say I love my job.
    My manager truly supports me and the decisions I make.
    The company encourages independence and provides it’s employees with resources for self-growth and the growth of their careers.
    I feel proud to work for a company that is so forward thinking and involved within the community.
    And on top of it all, my benefits are excellent.

Cons

I have yet to have any issues in 3+ years.

10. "Projectline ROCKS!"

Current Employee - Central Regional Marketing Lead
    Current Employee - Central Regional Marketing Lead

I have been working at Projectline Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy going, Team Work and Great Management!

Cons

Wish we could see them out in the field!! :)