Promethean World Reviews | Glassdoor

Promethean World Reviews

Updated Dec 17, 2019

3.5
Promethean World CEO    Vin Riera (no image)
Vin Riera
Pros
Cons
  • "Senior management has a high level of disconnect from what the field does or needs(in 7 reviews)

• "Core of old senior management team (2015) was very political, but looks like most of the problems are gone(in 6 reviews)

1. "Opportunities. Diversity. Hard work. Fun."

Current Employee - Assistant in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Promethean World full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Opportunities for advancement given to hard workers.

Cons

Any 'cons' are overshadowed by by culture, chances, and rewards.

Advice to Management

Lots of employees watch movies, shop, and scan the Internet when they are "working."

Promethean World2019-12-02
  2. "An Unfortunate Disappointment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Promethean World full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation is good, benefits are mediocre but, the CEO does exchange pleasantries with people.

Cons

It was unfortunately disappointing. After working here, it became clearly evident that this organization had no interest in aligning and working towards strategic objectives. The executive team only communicates with each other and there is zero middle management. The individuals at each office / location are disrespectful to those at other locations and because everyone has the title of “Head of” there is a flat organization. You will be included on important responsibilities on a need to know basis and then get chastised for not knowing key details you were originally excluded from and criticized for not following up with those involved, which is impossible. I can’t speak to working with the teams in Atlanta and UK, however i did hear grumblings and frustration with regard to resistance to change. When I joined, it was communicated that everyone was willing to work together and there needed to be a partnering and collaboration... a facade of “we should always be striving to be better”. After a year of trying to work with people on my own team and in other departments and getting nowhere, it became defeating and rather than continuing to stay complacent I took an opportunity to go somewhere that actually believed and executed on innovation and strategy and valued me as an employee.

Advice to Management

Focus on why you aren’t retaining good people

Promethean World2019-12-18

"No Room for Growth"

Former Employee - Sales in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Promethean World full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice Office, Great product for schools.

Cons

No Room for Growth. Managers do not care what you have to say. No flexibility in work-life balance. Everyone has their own rules on hours and days off. Commissions do not make sense, they give you a calculator that they can not explain, your commissions will be enough for gas money. They will tell you that your commissions will get you to the salary you are looking for but that is not true. They are cheap and do not want to pay for you to learn or go to events that help the company. No diversity in Management! Management has clicks. A weird environment where no one talks to anyone in the office they are all on their phones.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff and make changes. Create growth in the company. Bring diversity to your management staff. Keep the rules the same for everyone and please please get rid of dead weight!

Promethean World2019-12-16

"All the good go..."

Former Employee - Education Consultant

I worked at Promethean World full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Was great , full of smart, productive, passionate people who cared about the end users - teachers and students. Most are gone most by choice.

Cons

Fake people with little knowledge of education. There is a panel. The EC's do know about education but their leader is not nice to coworkers in her group who have questions or who she is threatened by her.

Advice to Management

sinking ship really find out who the not so nice people are.

Promethean World2019-11-12
  5. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - People and Culture in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Promethean World full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent work-life balance. Great product and passionate employees throughout the company.

Cons

It feels like there is a slight disconnect between communication between different offices.

Promethean World2019-10-01

"Excellent company with great product!"

Former Employee - Senior Education Consultant

I worked at Promethean World full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Wonderful people, hard-working groups, excellent rapport in the industry.

Cons

Glad the company moved to the US as their headquarters.

Promethean World2019-04-01

"Great company, great product, great people"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Promethean World full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic culture providing a lot of autonomy. Fast-paced, high expectations, but the rewards are commensurate. Pay for sales reps is on par or better than average for the industry, and sales quotas are reasonable. Benefits are very good, and PTO is 4 weeks even for new employees. The company is putting lots of resources into R&D for the product, with a strong vision for the future. The thing that really stands out though is the culture. People of high integrity, smart, hard working, inclusive and FUN.

Cons

I can't really think of any cons, but if you're not a self-starter, this might not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Consider developing a training program for new salespeople. And, just keep up what you're doing!

Promethean World2019-02-15

"Great Promethean People"

Current Employee - Department Head in New York, NY

I have been working at Promethean World full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people Awesome work environment Great benefits

Cons

Changing priorities since acquisition Hardware company, then a software company, now back to being a Hardware company Feels like a revolving door of Management - needs stability

Advice to Management

Stability is much needed Value your core employee group More work to do on culture and values

Promethean World2019-01-08

"Dedicated Education Technology Company"

I have been working at Promethean World full-time

Pros

Departments recently working with one another on how to continue to lead in the EdTech Industry.

Cons

As mentioned in pros, "recently" working with one another. This may have been a con earlier on, but Promethean has been making huge efforts to include all departments when looking for recommendations.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees. Value each and everyone as an unique integral part to creating dynamic solutions.

Promethean World2018-12-28

"Great solutions for Education!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Promethean World full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Love the culture here, always had. Our solutions are the market leaders in the education space due to the people working here. Innovative products that keep going. We have a great reputation and customers trust us. What is nice you can call anyone in management and they/we will listen. The product team is outstanding. The Sales team in the Americas work hard to make a difference in our students lives. They are driven!

Cons

There is lots of competition out in the field, you really need to do your homework day in and out. It’s not a 9-5 job, that’s is the excitement for many but not all.

Advice to Management

Keep listening , have our minds open. No question is a bad question! Basically let’s keep on doing what we are doing now!

Promethean World2018-11-03