Cover image for Prometheus Real Estate Group

Join the conversation on

Real Estate

1.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/real-estate-5/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Prometheus Real Estate Group~363540
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Prometheus Real Estate Group? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Prometheus Real Estate Group employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Pay is low(in 9 reviews)
  • "All properties in the portoflio are ran by different managers, some are not as bright or hardwork as others.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Upper management is accountable for close to nothing and frequently pawn off their tasks on subordinates, while taking all credit.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

Family owned company where you can grow

Sep 28, 2022 - Assistant Neighborhood Director in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great family owned company that promotes growth, diversity, values and above all else respect. From the moment of my first interaction during my interview, I felt this company was different. Each promethean truly feels like family. The individuals are warm and inviting and love to grow from within. All the benefits are really good including coverage for uour spouse and kids, PTO, Sick pay, 401k and paid holidays

Cons

No cons really, work life balance is always something that I continue to work on.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

great place

Oct 27, 2022 - Neighbor Ambassador in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

amazing company, great benefits, positive coworkers

Cons

time requirement before moving up

3. Join the Prometheus Real Estate Group team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

They lie to you!

Jan 10, 2023 - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The office is in San Mateo

Cons

I was lied to by management.

1 person found this review helpful

Prometheus Real Estate Group Response

We wish we had the opportunity to address your concerns and needs prior to you leaving. Please reach out to our Promethean Services team anytime and we will do what we can to make things right by you.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company, great people! A place to grow!

Mar 21, 2022 - Operations in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with Prometheus for over a decade and honestly can't see myself working for any other PMC. Prometheus is committed to provide the best experience for our customers (our neighbors) as well as our Prometheans. I have been given so many opportunities to learn and grow as a leader and as a person. Their true investment is into the people! And in turn I can apply these leadership lessons and pass them on to my Prometheans. But more important than that, Prometheus focuses on the individual person. I truly feel cared for at work. I can be my authentic self, speak up with ideas or concerns, find the balance needed for my work and personal life and connect with wonderful Prometheans on a daily basis. Especially through these past two years which have not been easy on anyone Prometheus has time and time again done right by its Prometheans from extra days off to celebrate holidays with loved ones to support from all levels of the organization for our daily operation.

Cons

I don't think there are many cons if any. As shared above, feedback is paramount at Prometheus and sought out by leadership. If I had to give one piece of constructive feedback here, it would be that turnaround on acting on some of those opportunities can be a bit slow from time to time. Things get vetted thoroughly and implementation of initiatives is thoughtful though which might be what slows things down here and there.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

sad to say I worked here for so long

Nov 16, 2022 - Assistant Neighborhood Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

100% healthcare coverage at zero cost to employees & dependents Commission incentives

Cons

Highly political for promotions(they already have someone usually in mind for a open role) Weird training plan (when they have enough people employed to train) Very sales oriented (numbers is what matters most) 100% of the time it’s constant revolving door Forced coverage at different locations (they will make you go cover a different location and you can’t say no) Pay is ridiculously low for field employees for the work asked to be done. Abuse from tenants

1 person found this review helpful

Prometheus Real Estate Group Response

Hello, and thank you for reaching out. Your note was tough to read. It stings to know that you have left and we have lost the opportunity to get things right. Prometheus is thoughtful in our training programs and has many Neighborhoods with a combined team approach, promoting a rich environment to explore many facets of our business. Our team consistently reviews our compensation strategies frequently and ensures the utmost competitiveness amongst our market based on each role and responsibility at Prometheus. We certainly hope, wherever you are now, that you feel fully supported.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

So happy!

Sep 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been an employee for some years now and I can honestly say I still pinch myself that I walked in the door. The culture, the benefits, the people make this place a great place to work. Even thru a pandemic they managed to connect and make employees feel supported.

Cons

Sorry, I know it's odd but nothing bad to say.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Prometheus is the best

Oct 13, 2022 - Leasing Consultant in Santa Clara, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great benefits, and great job

Cons

No cons to be honest

9. 5.0

More than benefits

Sep 2, 2021 - Assistant Property Manager in Cupertino, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

When I started working for this company I knew the importance of good benefits but I never thought I would need them, but some benefits are more than what are on your paystub. Earlier this year I became extremely sick and was hospitalized for several months. Our amazing health insurance has picked up the tab for EVERYTHING but what is amazing is my work family. My actual family is not in the area and most of the time was not able to be here for me, knowing this, with out me asking and no hesitation my team was there for me, taking me to doctors appointments, sitting with me in the hospital, and even helping me keep track of my disability insurance. Everyone here wanted me to just rest and get better, doing what ever they could to reduce my stress & worry. I would have home cooked meals brought to me on those days I was at home and calls and check ins to make sure I was getting better and had whatever I needed. People can say anything they want but it is their actions that show you who they really are. The actions of my fellow Prometheans have shown me how much I am cared for! This group of people are truly amazing and I am so blessed to call them my work family!

Cons

The only con is that we are not located closer to my family so I can be near them and still work for this amazing company.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Looking for a place to call home?

Jan 13, 2022 - Leasing & Experience Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for major companies and have never felt at home at work until I found Prometheus. From my first orientation, I felt I was in the right place, with the right people, in the right environment. Everyone at Prometheus is warm and inviting. Your opinions and ideas are valued and welcomed. You get to be creative and think outside the box, plan neighbor events, and make everyone truly feel at home. You'll find a true work to life balance with paid holidays- including your birthday! Paid healthcare including dental and eyecare has been essential in this every changing world. Job security in this unknown time has truly eased my stress and worries. Prometheus believes in growing their own and investing in their people. There is major opportunity for growth and advancement! I have received two promotions during this pandemic, and I know I am not alone. If you're looking for a place to call home- you've found it!

Cons

Honestly, I am a horrible person to answer this question. Maybe I'm wearing rose colored glasses- but I am not taking them off anytime soon.

11. 3.0

Pros and Cons

Oct 7, 2022 - Leasing in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Full paid benefits with company

Cons

Still has corporate feel despite advertising it isn't.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 168 Reviews
</>Embed

Prometheus Real Estate Group Reviews FAQs

Prometheus Real Estate Group has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 176 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at Prometheus Real Estate Group to a friend and 86% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Prometheus Real Estate Group employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Prometheus Real Estate Group. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

83% of Prometheus Real Estate Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Prometheus Real Estate Group 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Prometheus Real Estate Group to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Prometheus Real Estate Group Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Prometheus Real Estate Group? Share Your Experiences

Prometheus Real Estate Group logo

Prometheus Real Estate Group Careers

Cover image for Prometheus Real Estate Group

GOOD LIVING FOR THE GREATER GOOD™ We're excited for you to join us in our mission to pursue Good Living for the Greater Good™. This means...More

• 100% Benefits
  • Our Front POrCH
  • TORCH
  • SCHOLARS

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

881 days ago

We are proud to announce that Prometheus has been recognized and designated as a Certified B Corporation ? the largest multi-family company in the world to achieve this certification. As a B Corporation, we join a group of companies that believe in business as a force of good in the world. B Corporation certification requires meeting far reaching standards related to the well-being of employees, customers, suppliers, communities and the environment. The B Corp certification re-affirms the principles on which we were founded, and the deeply held philosophies of Sanford and Helen Diller. We are proud and honored to achieve this certification.
Shared image

1006 days ago

We’re honored to be named to the San Francisco Business Times/Silicon Valley Business Journal Best Places to Work list, ranking number 19 in medium sized employers. We were the only real estate development/management company recognized. A big congratulations to all our Prometheans for everything they do and earning this important achievement.
Shared image

Prometheus Real Estate Group Photos

+ Add Photo
Prometheus Real Estate Group photo of: Good Gatherings - Holidays Wreath Making Workshop
Prometheus Real Estate Group photo of: NorCal Summer Event 2022

Yapstone Logo
Yapstone

3.2

Compare

Glassdoor has 176 Prometheus Real Estate Group reviews submitted anonymously by Prometheus Real Estate Group employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Prometheus Real Estate Group is right for you.