Cover image for Prometheus Real Estate Group
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Prometheus Real Estate Group Employee Reviews about "company culture"

Updated Aug 13, 2021

Found 19 of over 179 reviews

4.1
Prometheus Real Estate Group CEO   Jackie Safier
Jackie Safier

Got a burning question about Prometheus Real Estate Group? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Prometheus Real Estate Group employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefit were good and 401k was offered.(in 23 reviews)
  • "The company's culture is great.(in 12 reviews)
  • "Great people(in 10 reviews)
  • "Superior Training and Development department.(in 8 reviews)
  • "I got the pleasure of calling Prometheus home for my career for 2 years and got to work with an awesome team in Promethean Services.(in 6 reviews)
Cons
  • "Pay is low(in 7 reviews)
  • "All properties in the portoflio are ran by different managers, some are not as bright or hardwork as others.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Upper management is accountable for close to nothing and frequently pawn off their tasks on subordinates, while taking all credit.(in 2 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Prometheus Real Estate Group and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "company culture"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Best interning experience

Aug 2, 2019 - Human Resources/Recruiting in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I spent 2 months here partaking in the internship program at Prometheus. If you are looking for an internship where you will grow, gain valuable workplace connections and learn more about the field you are interested in--then this is the place for you! In my short time here, I gained skills that I will surely use in my career. I am extremely thankful that I was able to collaborate with all of my team members and learn more about the responsibilities and duties each of those positions entail. The company culture at Prometheus is truly unmatched. You are surrounded by people and superiors who want to see you excel and succeed. It was a great summer there and I hope to come back in the future!

Cons

My only con is that I wish I could stay longer! :)

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Hands down-best place to work!

Feb 6, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve just been with Prometheus for 3 months and I’m very impressed with the Company culture and its dedication to giving back to communities. Not only do we focus a lot on social responsibility, but we also see employees as our top priority to take care of (100% paid benefits for you/your families!) I also love the people I get to work with everyday that are so diverse, focused, and open-minded. At the end of the day, it’s the people that make all the difference. There’re just so many amazing to say about Prometheus so come join us!

Cons

I don’t see any cons

3. Join the Prometheus Real Estate Group team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company with a GREAT culture!

Feb 24, 2022 - Portfolio Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been very familiar with Prometheus Real Estate Group since the early 2000s. One of the many things that attracted me to this management company is it's culture. So when I got the opportunity to join the NorCal team I was beyond ecstatic but also very nervous. Nervous if everything I heard is true, I'm happy to say that the proof is in the pudding and that they really foster the culture that they talk about. It was also nice that I got the opportunity to work with some of my old colleagues when I was in Archstone (you know who you are!). I still hold the same excitement as I did when I first started about 9 months ago. The best part is that the teams from different departments foster the 'we' attitude versus the 'me' attitude. Ideas are encouraged and praised, even if some don't go very far it's the effort and appreciation that is given. I can honestly say that I've witnessed first hand the passion and camaraderie of my fellow Promethean when I'm out and about. They also have an awesome volunteer program that anyone can participate in. Like many other PMCs we offer the normal range of benefits but your medical, dental, and vision are all paid for. So that's easily more money in your pocket if you're concerned with that. I would highly recommend Prometheus to anyone who is looking to find a PMC that is focused around 'Good Living for the Greater Good.' Also a great company to start your career in if you're looking to take a step into Property Management!

Cons

In regards to cons, the only thing that comes to the mind is the number of software systems in place. It can be quite overwhelming at first if you're not tech savvy. However, it is definitely something that you can learn and get past rather quickly.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Prometheus is a great company to work for.

Aug 16, 2013 - Assistant Property Manager in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Prometheus is a forward thinking company that has left the old school ways in the past. They have created an amazing culture that makes you feel good to work for and sell the company. They have some very nice properties and seem to be growing their portfolio in great volumes.

Cons

The size of the teams they put together can sometimes not support the expectation and there is burn out.

6. 4.0

Great place to work!

Feb 15, 2019 - Senior Neighborhood Director in Santa Clara, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay for benefits Best culture for a large company great home office that communicates well about engagement responses

Cons

Pay is low-by paying benefits they think of this as a "well, we do pay benefits"

1 person found this review helpful

Prometheus Real Estate Group Response

Recruiter

Thank you for sending four stars our way. We appreciate your candid comments. It is feedback like this helps us to continue looking at ways to be innovative and stay competitive.

7. 5.0

LOVE LOVE PROMETHEUS!

Aug 30, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have personally found home at work with Prometheus because I share a lot of the same values as Prometheus. Good company culture is HUGE for me and I found it here! Prometheus has the best warm culture I have ever experienced! It all starts from the top with Jackie, who cares and listens to the voices of all Prometheans equally. Jackie embraces round-table meetings with staff within the company, regardless of position from neighborhood ambassador (leasing specialist), neighborhood porters, to neighborhood directors (property managers), and so forth. Everyone is valued at Prometheus. Last year Prometheus re-invested in its workforce by offering us FREE medical care, amazing! I don’t want to write a life story but I do want to recognize our learning and development team who have the best on-boarding program ever! I won't spoil the fun for all future Prometheans but you get money to shop!! There are way too many good reasons to join the Prometheus family but don’t take my word for it, see for yourself.

Cons

I don't have any cons at this time.

8. 5.0

Outstanding Company!

Jan 13, 2017 - Assistant Neighborhood Director in Santa Clara, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture that this company brings to the table is amazing! You are encouraged to be yourself and have fun. There is always someone there to help you if you have any questions or just need some information. It is a great feeling to know that you get recognized for your hard work and are appreciated!

Cons

Nothing I can think of!

9. 4.0
    Former Employee

Property Manager

Nov 17, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company has invested in brand and family oriented culture with great moral values. They provide excellent training programs, and reward employees through recognition both monetarily and with awards. Monetary recognition is predictable, and competitive with other management companies.

Cons

Like many management companies, you some times need to leave for them to truly appreciate your value. Several employees have left only to return within a year, and others left to take promotional opportunities that could have been fulfilled internally.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Excellent place to work!

Feb 4, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

What I admire most about working for Prometheus is the principle and integrity that everyone embraces. In the real estate/ multifamily industry, this seems to be a hard thing to achieve, but Prometheus embraces it as one of their cultural traits. Another great thing is they promote from within. This means that growth within the compnay is not only possible, but encouraged. They make it easy by offering training opportunities such as Playbook Coach, QUEST, and multiple hands-on industry and company culture training courses. Prometheus really focuses on developing each one of their employees and thrives by seeing everyone succeed. Whether you work in a lower level position or you are the head of the company, everyone is treated like an important and valuable piece of the company. Your opinions, ideas, and even personal accomplishments are not only heard, but rewarded. They do this through every day 'thank yous', online recognition/awards, and by offering AMAZING benefits. Prometheus is an amazing company that even reaches out to their community with charitable contributions and even allots 8 hours of paid volunteer time per year for each employee. They have a program focused on community outreach that has earned millions of dollars over the years. When working with Prometheus, you become a part of a family that encourages you to 'Feel At Home' by making everything effortless, personal, creative, and an escape from every day norms.

Cons

With great benefits come a lot of work and expectations. This is definitely not a con though!

11. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Innovative, yet down to earth.

Sep 19, 2014 - Property Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture and customer service philosophy.

Cons

Change is good, but sometimes they roll out a lot in a short period of time.

Viewing 1 - 19 of 19 English Reviews
</>Embed

Popular Careers with Prometheus Real Estate Group Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Prometheus Real Estate Group? Share Your Experiences

Prometheus Real Estate Group logo

Prometheus Real Estate Group Careers

Cover image for Prometheus Real Estate Group

GOOD LIVING FOR THE GREATER GOOD™ We're excited for you to join us in our mission to pursue Good Living for the Greater Good™. This means...More

• 100% Benefits

Company Updates

Logo

24 days ago

Company News
For the second year running, our Neighborhoods Cobalt, Madera, and Trestle are recognized among the elite 1% of properties nationwide, landing a coveted spot on the “2022 Elite 1% ORA™ Power Rankings” for online reputation. The ORA™ Power Rankings by J. Turner Research assigns an Online Reputation Assessment (ORA™) score to each property and are based on a monthly, nationwide study of the online reputation across 10+ review sites. More than 134,000 properties nationwide were evaluated for their online reputation presence. Madera landed at 1,556 on the list, Cobalt secured the 1,761 slot, and Trestle brought us home at 1,921. More reason to celebrate – not a single competing apartment community in their respective cities (Santa Clara, Mountain View, San Carlos) made the list, securing what we already know to be – we have the best in the whole business. A standing ovation for these teams and their relentless pursuit of making every Neighbor feel genuinely at home!
Shared image - Announcing 2022 ORA® Power Ranking Elite 1%
Announcing 2022 ORA® Power Ranking Elite 1%
www.jturnerresearch.com

Prometheus Real Estate Group Photos

+ Add Photo
Prometheus Real Estate Group photo of: The POrCH and DIB team partner with City of Dreams for a garden party giving a helping hand as they prepare for the summer youth's Earn2Learn gardening program.
Prometheus Real Estate Group photo of: No better way to kick off Season of Start than breaking a sweat with the FIT team and a workout with SWYFT!
Prometheus Real Estate Group photo of: FIT Cooking Class at Trestle!
Prometheus Real Estate Group photo of: It's a family affair. As part of our holiday gatherings this year, we offered Promethean portrait sessions. We love how they turned out.

Expert Career Advice

Prometheus Real Estate Group Job Seekers Also Viewed

Yapstone

3.1

Compare

Glassdoor has 179 Prometheus Real Estate Group reviews submitted anonymously by Prometheus Real Estate Group employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Prometheus Real Estate Group is right for you.