Promidian Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Promidian Reviews

Updated Sep 20, 2019

4.4
  1. Featured Review

"Fantastic culture, Merit-based growth, Early responsibilities, Professional development prioritized"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Promidian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at 2 other consulting firms before coming to Promidian, and neither compared to Promidian's fantastic culture. I have been at the company for over 4 years and have worked my way up from an analyst to a position on the leadership team. At every step along the way, the culture has continued to remain unbeatable. The leadership team puts a strong emphasis on maintaining work-life balance for employees,... investing in professional development, and taking an interest in getting to know employees. They invest in the employees- senior leadership team members make themselves available for regular 1:1's to mentor employees. I have them weekly. Throughout the many extenuating family circumstances I dealt with, the leadership team has followed through on the idea of "family first" and accommodated my needs. The company has kept the merit-based culture and the entrepreneurial, proactive spirit as it has grown over the years. If you prove you can do the job, you get promoted. I did not have to sit in a position for a certain length of time to qualify for a promotion, allowing me to grow rapidly. There are huge opportunities for early responsibility. The quality of work has also remained high as the company has grown. Unlike prior firms where I worked, Promidian is extremely supportive of women in the workplace, and I have had 4 fantastic women mentors over the years. The company takes a proactive approach to ensure there is no gender-bias. When I have expressed interest in professional growth (e.g., classes, conferences) opportunities outside of work, the company has been extremely supportive and paid for them.

Cons

Keeping up with changes during the Eversana transition has been confusing at times. A good chunk of the training is informal or self-guided with a handbook. This was challenging when starting out, but it seems like there are several high-priority initiatives to deploy formalized, guided training in the next couple months.

Advice to Management

Maintain the amazing culture as the company continues to grow and as more offices are added. With international offices on the horizon, consider creating an "exchange" program to compete with programs offered by similar firms. So far leadership has done a great job at balancing Promidian's identity within the new Eversana identity/brand--keep this up.

Promidian2019-06-08

"Great Culture and Commitment to Delivering Great Client Work"

Current Employee - Associate in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Promidian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Promidian is without a doubt a great company to work for. It is a growing company with lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth. There is a collaborative culture with intelligent and capable colleagues who are always willing to help one another. The leadership team is committed to supporting your growth and is always open to feedback.

Cons

There are some areas needing standardized practices, but the management team is organized and is actively working to make sure these guidelines come to fruition.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Promidian2019-09-20

"High-growth, Entrepreneurial and Transparent Employer of Choice"

I have been working at Promidian full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Fast-paced and growing company that offers high-degree of professional opportunity with a very bright outlook. - Promidian is in a unique growth phase where myriad entrepreneurial opportunities still exist yet internal infrastructure and support is second-to-none (the new EVERSANA relationship has really bolstered this). - Leadership and management are incredibly accessible and transparent with performance... metrics, expectations and feedback, something I've found to be very helpful and appreciated by my peers. - We are offered many exciting venues to help in growing the business, something my former employers did not have ability to support. - Great diversity in project and client type, never a dull day! No shortage of new clients and intellectually challenging problems to solve. - We are fortunate to be surrounded by a resourceful, fun-loving, versatile and supportive team at Promidian.

Cons

Nothing surprising, unfair nor unexpected here at Promidian, I know what I signed up for in joining a growing consultancy (long hours at times, travel, challenging projects, high expectations, growing pains) and am appreciative of the upside associated with putting in the hard work.

Advice to Management

Keep the firm flat and encourage continued transparency, communication and cross-office collaboration as we get bigger (small-firm culture is very important to us).

Promidian2019-07-25

"Overall great company! Lots of development opportunities"

I have been working at Promidian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management team here genuinely wants you to be successful Variety of projects to show your value Coworkers all graduated from top master programs

Cons

Some delivery team members are loud in the office. It's hard to express my feeling because they are in really good relationships with the management team

Promidian2019-07-25

"Fantastic Growth Opportunities, Collaborative and Entrepreneurial Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Promidian full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked at Promidian for nearly two years in the Cambridge office. The culture is entrepreneurial, and leadership is highly engaged in projects. I'm consistently impressed by the quality of the work we deliver as teams, and client delight is something we strive for every day. Leaders within Promidian have taken an interest in my professional development and growth. Promotions are merit-based and reviews are... transparent. I have had several female mentors at Promidian, and the number of women in leadership positions at Promidian is growing every day.

Cons

As a smaller company, sometimes there are less resources. However, this is changing with the recent integration of Promidian with EVERSANA - we are able to leverage the expertise and resources from many of our sister companies.

Advice to Management

Maintain the collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit as Promidian grows. Standardize hiring practices so we can continue to hire the right people that fit within our culture. Continue to focus on client delight and deliver great work.

Promidian2019-07-02

"STAY AWAY"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Promidian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hard working high-caliber delivery staff.

Cons

Projects are understaffed so working hours are brutal. Forget about your weekday evenings and (more recently) about your weekends. Development is slow and there is no fast track. All the best people tend to leave after 2-3 years. NYC partners want nothing to do with project teams after a project is sold, treating progress meetings like an annoyance. NYC leadership has NO CONTENT EXPERTISE. There is very limited... collaboration and office culture is terrible. Inappropriate jokes, favoritism, sexist and conceded toxic environment. Due to the terrible culture, high performers leave as soon as they can. There are very few managers or partners that are inspiring (or even good) to work with.

Promidian2019-07-23

August 1, 2019Managing Partner

We are sorry you felt the way you did while employed with us and wish you would have provided this feedback during your exit interview. But it’s never too late and we would like to offer you another opportunity with a senior leader to discuss your experience and where things went awry, as what you describe does not resonate with the overwhelmingly positive experiences shared by other employees via both external and internal surveys, exit interviews, and other feedback mechanisms we have in place. We invite Glassdoor job seekers to critically review all postings for a clear picture of our firm and make an informed judgment of the opportunities employment with us offers. Relevant highlights to clarify misinformation are discussed below. Hours: Working hours at our company are similar to or better than those of other consulting firms, and this has been noted in third-party, independent surveys of our employees, as well as in our internal employee engagement survey. More specifically, hours vary depending on project needs, with highly reasonable working hours throughout the majority of any given project and often more intense working hours at the end of the engagement to ensure strong client satisfaction. This is a management consultancy, and occasional periods of long working hours are to be expected. But they are occasional, not the norm. Development: In a 2018 survey of employees from more than 240 similar-sized consultancies, our company ranked at the top—#1 for career development. We are a fast-paced and entrepreneurial firm, and individuals get out what they put in. Thus, professional development is highly personalized and varies among individuals—each team member is required to develop goals in a professional development plan and work toward achieving those goals throughout the year. Promotions are based on performance and demonstration of an ability to meet the expectations for the next level, and each team member has the opportunity for a promotion twice a year: with the mid-year review and the annual review. There is no set schedule slowing down the process or holding anybody back; team members can be (and have been) promoted twice in a year if performance merits it. Culture and Leadership: Based on objective data from employees of the same 240+ consultancies, we ranked 5th for firm culture and 9th for firm leadership. Our culture has evolved as a blend of three main ingredients: delighting clients, developing our employees, and operating as a meritocracy where team members feel both empowered and accountable and they are recognized and rewarded for their contributions. Our senior leaders do very much care about the professional development of their team members, advising and guiding them along the way. There is, however, an expectation that each team member is responsible for charting his/her own path and accountable for achieving set goals.

"Disjointed company with weak management and lack of experience"

I have been working at Promidian full-time

Pros

The company offers a pretty flexible work environment, allowing people to make their own work schedule. All of the offices have a different feel, aligning to the culture within that specific area - NY even allows people to bring their pets into the office!

Cons

While the office can provide a fun and joking atmosphere, this often times overshadows the real ethos of the company. Management is very uninvolved in the day-to-day activities, leaving a young workforce with limited knowledge and experience to execute the projects. The leaders offer a "fake it until you make it" approach to projects with a lot of overselling and underperforming, oftentimes leading to a scramble... to get the projects completed. It is also a "good old boys" network and in general, there is a lack of respect to women, with no women in leadership lasting longer than 1 year at Promidian. Currently, there are only two women who are managers or above (both hired within the past 4-5 months) and no women in leadership on the West Coast. The environment has changed a lot, for the worse, in the past year with the Eversana merger. This has lead to several challenges with IT and almost weekly security breeches. If you want to play in the big leagues, you need a team who can step up to the bat.

Promidian2019-06-03

June 7, 2019Managing Partner

We’re disappointed you feel this way about your time at Promidian. We remain committed to creating a healthy, diverse, and inclusive work environment at all our locations and will continue to work with our team members to reinforce our company’s cultural beliefs and create a positive atmosphere for everyone. To clarify some key points, Promidian staff overwhelmingly report high levels of job satisfaction and strength of management across all our offices. Results of a recent third-party survey of our employees and those of hundreds of similar consulting firms placed Promidian in the top 4% or better for firm culture, firm leadership, compensation and benefits, and career development, and we are proud of how hard we have worked—and continue to work—to create rewarding opportunities and a healthy work environment for employees. Additionally, with an average of 10+ years of life science consulting experience, demonstrated abilities to manage people and projects, and proven success in building morale, our executive team members remain committed to advising and guiding project teams to success on every engagement, as evidenced by reports from clients of consistently high satisfaction with Promidian. We wish you well in all future endeavors.

"Excellent Life-Sci Strategy Firm, Exciting Opportunities and Growth Potential"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Promidian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Impressive group of highly qualified consultants. Leadership has a clear vision for future growth. Recent EVERSANA model will likely provide the necessary resources to execute on the firm's vision. Work/Life Balance is one of the best for the consulting industry. Very fair and competitive compensation package. Diverse projects with top Pharma/Biotech clients. Strong focus on career growth and personal... development.

Cons

Keep working on internal initiatives such as knowledge management and on-boarding.

Advice to Management

Keep working on increasing the firm's brand recognition.

Promidian2019-04-26

"Growing but with plenty of room to improve"

I have been working at Promidian full-time

Pros

- Good exposure to commercial-specific life science engagements, largely focused on following systematic, proven methodologies - Good manager/director coaching of more junior staff even with their incredibly limited bandwidth and heavy push to meet sales targets - Openness of EVP to have recurring discussions with all staff, regardless of level, and his willingness to offer advice, coaching, and feedback. He and... one of the managers seem to genuinely care the most in their accessibility to staff

Cons

- Heavy, near myopic focus on sales over staff development. There is a lot of lip service on changes to ensure we're trained, but it doesn't seem like leadership wants to invest in the core of what makes a professional services firm great, its people - Limited exposure to non-commercial projects. We feel very much like a market access/market research firm - Senior leadership listens, but they don't seem to hear.... It's always put back on the delivery team to figure out a solution when our experience often doesn't allow us to have the intuition or line of sight as to how to address issues (e.g., staffing related) - Optics is a big deal

Advice to Management

Keep growing and pushing into new spaces, but don't forget about us people you need to deliver projects. If you don't develop us as other consultancies do, attrition may climb. Focus less on sales and keep the long view in mind

Promidian2018-11-03

November 8, 2018Managing Partner

Thank you for the review—we are always looking to improve as a firm, and we appreciate constructive feedback. Promidian is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, and selling is critical to our success and that of any professional services firm. It’s what supports and impels growth. We do believe our amazing team is what truly makes our organization so great, and to that end, we just launched an extensive staff survey focused on how we can continue to improve. Furthermore, already underway and continuing throughout the month, full-day training sessions are also being held at each of our offices around the country to align on cultural excellence. Finally, two independent rating organizations, using direct input from Promidian staff in two separate surveys, ranked Promidian as a best consulting firm to work for in several categories, including firm culture, career development, compensation and benefits, interaction with clients, promotion policies, leadership, and travel requirements. We aim to continually raise the bar in all that we do and welcome staff perspectives to help us achieve this goal.

"Great company to work for"

I have been working at Promidian full-time

Pros

- Great team - Reasonable hours (for consulting) - Client facing at every level

Cons

- Pay could be higher

Promidian2018-08-27