PromiseShip Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 27, 2019

Found 39 reviews

3.7
Ronald Zychowski
  1. "Not cut out for everyone"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at PromiseShip full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Has a flexible schedule that is good if you need to take your own kids to doctor appointments.

Cons

Hard to maintain work life balance at times. Work late nights depending on schedules of families

PromiseShip2019-05-28

May 28, 2019Recruiter

Thank you for your review! We recognize the work done by our staff is challenging. This is not an 8-5 business and working with at-risk children, while rewarding, can certainly be difficult.

2. "Hard work!"

Former Employee - Family Permanency Specialist in Omaha, NE

I worked at PromiseShip full-time for less than a year

Pros

My team was awesome and very supportive! The schedule is soo flexible and lots of opportunities for promotions!

Cons

I didn’t always feel like my back was covered by the higher up past my supervisor. At times it felt like the job being done was more important than my safety.

Advice to Management

Really evaluate your employees mental health.

PromiseShip2019-05-16

May 17, 2019Recruiter

Thank you for the review! We agree - our work life balance and flexible work program is great! We strive to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all of our employees. We also appreciate the feedback. Please know that it will be carefully reviewed and shared with the management team.

3. "Not enough appreciation for the tough work we do."

I have been working at PromiseShip

Pros

Health insurance, flexible scheduling, mileage reimbursement

Cons

Micromanaging, poor leadership, negative management

Advice to Management

Trust your employees to do their jobs when they’ve done everything to show you that they are capable of doing so. Reward your employees. Value us.

PromiseShip2019-04-30

May 20, 2019Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to review PromiseShip.

• "Family Permanency Specialist"

Former Employee - Family Permanency Specialist in Omaha, NE

I worked at PromiseShip full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits Flexible Coworkers Doing good work for children and families Good job to start a profession

Cons

Long hours at time and not much help from upper management or colleagues even tho your suppose to be a team. Very high school like environment, they hardly fire or have consequences for employees because its a high turn over job. They promote within only if you are liked by supervisors and not by skill or experience. Some supervisors are very unprofessional.

PromiseShip2019-01-23

February 4, 2019Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to review PromiseShip. We recognize the work done by our Family Permanency Specialists is challenging. We appreciate your feedback. Please know that it will be carefully considered and shared with the management team.

• "Family Permanency Specialist"

I worked at PromiseShip full-time

Pros

- There is a sense of real purpose in the work that is completed. It feels like one has the opportunity to make a lasting impact in the community of Omaha. - Hours are flexible. - Good benefits, not a competitive hourly wage

Cons

- There is a lack of career advancement opportunities for staff in this position.

PromiseShip2018-11-13

November 14, 2018Recruiter

Thank you for your review and feedback regarding career growth. You are right about the real purpose of the work we do to positively impact Omaha's communities.

• "Very underpaid for the amount of work being done. The training was awful."

I worked at PromiseShip full-time for less than a year

Pros

Insurance was okay, but happiest moment was leaving!

Cons

Workload, pay, training were all awful

Advice to Management

Up the day and get a proper training program together!

PromiseShip2018-09-30

October 3, 2018Recruiter

Thank you for your review. This is valuable feedback. Your comments regarding training will absolutely be shared with our leadership team.

• "Decent Company and Great Benefits"

Former Employee - Specialist in Omaha, NE

I worked at PromiseShip full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They offer a flexible schedule, great benefits through Boystown, decent vacation and sick time accrual. The company is going through a lot of changes that are directed on the expansion of the company.

Cons

Work isn’t spread evenly. Some employees work nonstop from 8-5, while others work sparingly. As you can tell, this creates a lot of gossip and negative attitudes.

Advice to Management

The company is going in a positive direction. I just hope it doesn’t turn into a top heavy company, many people are worried about that. Ensure Supervisors and Workers have equal work to avoid gossip, resentment, and negative attitudes throughout the office.

PromiseShip2018-03-05

March 6, 2018Recruiter

Thank you for your service. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with PromiseShip.

"PromiseShip shows real Promise to its workers and the families we help."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at PromiseShip full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Plenty of opportunities for growth and advancement in many of the career paths at PromiseShip. Change is made when change is needed, not just to make a change. PromiseShip has a very diverse staff which makes us able to meet the needs of the families we serve better that most agencies like ours. Employees are treated fairly and with respect. PromiseShip invests time and money in the development of their staff and the...

Cons

Some of the cases our agency works with can be challenging. You have to really have a heart for helping other and resiliency at times, when some of the families you work with don't seem to want your help, but you know you still need to help them for their well-being and the well-being of their children. (Just keep your bucket full with those great moments you have with families and the successes you see daily in your...

Advice to Management

Perhaps, look at careers that don't have as much opportunity for advancement and find a way to show the development and growth of those employees over time.

PromiseShip2018-02-27

March 22, 2018Recruiter

• "Supervisor"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Omaha, NE

I worked at PromiseShip full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I was at PromiseShip for almost 6 years. I started as a Family Permanency Specialist - one of the most difficult but most rewarding jobs I have ever had. I experienced many different opportunities for personal growth and development opportinities. The community and culture were great - I had a definite feeling of a work family. I had some incredible supervisors who really cared about me as a person and as a professional.

Cons

This is a very difficult field because of the stresses and risks. At times the different departments were very silo-ed, which made some tasks difficult.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote work life balance and interpersonal growth to employees.

PromiseShip2018-02-08
    • "Amazing Agency"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at PromiseShip full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is an amazing company to work for. I have worked in child welfare in the Omaha metro for close to 20 years, and this is by far the best company I have worked for. Leadership is mission driven and dedicated to creating a culture of improvement. Committed and dedicated staff are offered opportunities to grow and develop professional skills while making an impact within the community. The organization truly invests...

Cons

Like any non-profit, the work is hard and often unappreciated by those outside of the child welfare or social work field. It can be difficult to maintain balance which is also true of the field of work and not unique to PromiseShip.

Advice to Management

Continue your efforts to support and engage leaders at all levels of the organization, especially when embarking on organizational changes.

PromiseShip2018-01-31

February 7, 2018Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Found 39 reviews