Promontory Interfinancial Network Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Promontory Interfinancial Network Co-Founder, President & CEO Mark P. Jacobsen
Mark P. Jacobsen
1 Rating

1. "You learn a great deal; terrible work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Arlington, VA

I have been working at Promontory Interfinancial Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- I learned a great deal while working at Promontory. Many of the skills I learned i still use to this day.
    - The company will continue to grow on the back of smart employees and a great product line

Cons

- The work environment is uncomfortable and filled with passive aggressive behavior
    - There is a tangible feeling of "us against them" between managers and subordinates. Managers tend to band together against their subordinates
    - No trust between employees, which is a conscious decision be management in order to control employees better
    - Employees are reprimanded for every slight they make, big or small, which easily knocks down employee confidence and engenders fear
    - Employees are often patronized by management with statements such as this: "knowing that the steps you took were incorrect, how do you think you will handle a similar situation in the future?"
    - No formal training for employees
    - HR is worthless. My exit interview was half an hour long and we only addressed work related issues for 10 of the time.

2. "Not great, could be better.."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Pros

Pay is decent. Nice facility.

Cons

Management that is out of touch with employees.
    A lot is expected of employees with little to no recognition.
    Work load can consume your life and it is expected that you give up personal plans or pre-scheduled vacation.
    Company does NOT match any portion of 401K contribution.