Promontory Interfinancial Network Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Promontory Interfinancial Network Co-Founder, President & CEO Mark P. Jacobsen
Mark P. Jacobsen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best Company in DC Area"

Current Employee - Java Developer in Rosslyn, VA
    Current Employee - Java Developer in Rosslyn, VA

I have been working at Promontory Interfinancial Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work culture is very good

Cons

401k matching little bit less compared to other companies

2. "The best company to work for!"

I have been working at Promontory Interfinancial Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been at Promontory Interfinancial Network for over six years and I have to say that one of the best things about this company is the ability to learn and grow. We have great benefits, work/life balance, and some of the best people to work with!

Cons

No Cons for me.

3. "Hands Down Amazing Company to Work For"

I have been working at Promontory Interfinancial Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture at Promontory Interfinancial Network is really employee-focused. Everyone is high performing, and standards are definitely higher than other places I've been, but the people they hire live up to those standards. I'm constantly impressed by how intelligent my coworkers are, and also how empathetic and transparent management is.

The company values collaboration and initiative. Specifically, employees within the IT team are happy, positive, and hard working -- no toxic complainers or people counting down the hours of the day, which is quite unusual for any company.

Cons

Many employees have been with the company for a long time, which can limit upward mobility. That said, management looks for opportunities to foster growth in creative ways and will still make every effort to meet the needs of an employee looking to progress in his or her career.

4. "Great Place To Work!"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Rosslyn, VA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Rosslyn, VA

Pros

Flexibility, great work/life balance, generous leave, great benefits, amazing co-workers, and lots of challenging and interesting work to do!

Your ideas and opinions do matter here, I love that I can talk to the CEO or any of the VPs and express my thoughts and I feel like I'm being listened to and my ideas are seriously considered.

The culture here is great and makes me want to get up every day and do my very best. The diversity is also amazing, all nationalities, young, old, big, small - makes every day a joy.

My work is challenging and keeps me engaged and my requests to work on something in a particular interest area are always taken under consideration. I'm constantly learning and given plenty of opportunity to grow.

The company makes you feel like we are all in it together.

Cons

The company is just starting to come around to telecommuting and although we get pre-tax commuter benefits, the company doesn't pay any portion of it. That's it, my only grip!

5. "Best Job Ever"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Promontory Interfinancial Network full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love coming to work in a place where I feel valued, believe in the mission of the company, trust my leadership, and enjoy collaborating with my coworkers.
    Mine truly is a dream job.
    Promontory Network really goes the extra mile to make all the employees feel valued. From small things (like baskets full of fruit every Mondays, bagels every Wednesday, and sweets every Friday) to bigger things (like monthly themed birthday parties, monthly corporate progress reports, and various annual events), Promontory Network 'walks the walk' when it comes to valuing the people who work here.
    I also appreciate that the company by its own nature attracts a really diverse group of people,,,and that is celebrated here.
    Promontory Network provides innovative services that support community banking and Main Street America; I get to be a part of that. And it brings me great joy.

Cons

I wish there were no traffic in Arlington.

Advice to Management

Stay gold...

6. "Innovative FinTech Company"

I have been working at Promontory Interfinancial Network full-time

Pros

Innovative financial technology
    Excellent culture with good work/life balance
    Excellent benefits

Cons

Certain departments are permitted to telecommute a certain number of days, others are not. Policy should become company-wide.

7. "Not always consistent, but good hearts"

I worked at Promontory Interfinancial Network full-time

Pros

The people who run this company are overall moral, good and nice to be around. A real effort is made to have quality products while taking care of the employees.

Cons

Management can be inconsistent when enforcing policies, but they don't seem to be malicious and they are mostly open to change.

8. "Good moving towards great."

Pros

HR does good job to boost moral.

Cons

Career path clarity is needed.

9. "Great people, good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Pros

Fantastic people first attitude. Certainly take care of employees. Very transparent. CEO is very open and accessible. Decent perks. Quality health care and vacation, though absence of employer funded HSA is a let-down. Good vacation policy and 3% 401K match. Good pay when you join, or if you show a higher salary elsewhere! Familial culture.

Cons

Not too much room for growth. Manager and above is pretty set across all departments. Once in, salary increase and bonus is nothing to write home about. If

Advice to Management

Take care of your top performers. Don't wait for them to come to you with another offer to up their pay etc. Provide a path for growth, maybe create a couple of positions if necessary. Be open to adopting new tech and encouraging training in those.

10. "A GREAT place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Promontory Interfinancial Network (More than a year)

Pros

Put simply, Promontory Interfinancial Network has an unparalleled work environment. From the many perks given to employees (generous leave, matching 401K, lots of free food, access to a gym, holiday party, Halloween party, family picnic, monthly birthday parties, etc.) to the fantastic employees, I cannot say enough good things about this company. I have worked at a lot of places over the course of my life and this company is, hands down, the best. It was no surprise when we were named one of the Washington Business Journal's 2016 Best Places to Work.

Cons

I know this may be hard to believe but I honestly cannot think of anything bad to say about this company.