KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Proofpoint

Engaged Employer

Proofpoint

Add a Review

Proofpoint Employee Reviews about "manager"

Updated Aug 17, 2022

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Proofpoint and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "manager"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Intern

Great Internship experience

Dec 17, 2016 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had a great manager/mentors that really helped me become a better programmer while working on projects that felt significant. The projects weren't thrown away either, my code was part of tools that others used.

Cons

Small company, so pay wasn't as good as other companies. Also heard some bad-ish things about upper level management from some of the full-times. I was only an intern tho so I didn't stick around long enough to see how true it was.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Account Manager

May 10, 2017 - Mid Enterprise Account Manager in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Products work as expected, industry leader in email and data protection. Ease of evaluations and quick to deploy make it easy to show the value.

Cons

Upper management only focuses on becoming a 'billion dollar company'. Majority of clients have the core products, not many clients need the peripheral services. This was a sales job hidden behind an account manager title. Clients are becoming more price conscious, while PFPT is extremely expensive, getting tough to justify value.

14 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Former Intern, more than 1 year

Good Company

Mar 21, 2021 - QA Engineer in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly manager and helpful colleagues

Cons

You need to actively find things to learn because there is not much to learn in manual testing.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Proofpoint - Best Experience I've Had in YEARS!

Apr 27, 2017 - Backline Product Support Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The interview, hiring, and on-boarding processes were AWESOME! Everyone here thus far have been great and very eager to help. I really enjoy how employees are allowed to attend in-house Training to learn the products. Management here really care about their employees, and encourage career growth and advancement! The culture here is also great, as there is definitely a work/life balance that my Manager abides by. Since I am considered a workaholic, my direct Manager ensures I have 'me' time by asking 'Do you need a day or two, just because? Let me know'. I highly recommend getting onboard with Proofpoint if you can, as the atmosphere here is very down-to-earth, and homelike. I actually enjoy coming to work again, instead of thinking 'here we go again, another day, another headache'.

Cons

There are no Cons so far!

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fast-growing Company, Challenging Work, Interesting Technology

Dec 1, 2011 -  in Sunnyvale, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Even though it's 9 years old, there's still a lot of a "startup" feel to Proofpoint because of the company's continued fast growth -- with all of the attendant pluses and minuses. I came to work at Proofpoint and continue to enjoy it for the following reasons: * Awesome CEO who leads by example and works very hard to create a culture of respect, cameraderie, integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction. * Some extraoridarily smart and committed people -- both old-timers and new hires -- work here. * Some very interesting technologies underlying the products, ongoing development involves many of the most buzzworthy tech trends (machine learning, big data, virtualization, cloud computing, etc.) * Challenging work across all departments. Fast-growth and an ever-changing market keeps things varied. Great for self-starters, not good for folks who prefer to simply stay in their comfort zones * For those that are willing, there's a lot of "choose your own adventure" at Proofpoint. There's a lot of opportunity to innovate, do something a new way, try a new approach. * Pre-IPO, venture-funded company that has established itself as a leader - and the last "independent" company - in its category. * Great "blue chip" list of customers, many of whom are rabid fans.

Cons

On the flip side, Proofpoint's not a big enough company to offer 'something for everyone'. Proofpoint is probably not a good fit for employees who don't have at least a little bit of 'self-starter' or 'entrepreneurial' bent. Like many companies its size with similar growth trajectories, one might feel more resource constrained at Proofpoint than one would feel at a much bigger (or much smaller) company. The tension between what one would like to accomplish and what one has the resources to get done is often magnified in an organization like this. Other (to me, minor) downsides: * Enterprise security & compliance isn't exactly the sexiest marketspace. * As with any company, one's experience is highly dependent on one's immediate manager. I've had both excellent and not-so-excellent managers in my time here, just as I've had excellent and not-so-excellent employees. YMMV. * Benefits are probably just 'average', but I'm more of the startup type and don't pay attention to this sort of thing. * Very customer-driven and sales-oriented organization might not be to everyone's liking.

7 people found this review helpful