Propel London Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.6
Melina Jacovou

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to start recruitment~"

I worked at Propel London full-time

Pros

I joined Propel straight out of university and genuinely think it’s a great place to start your career in recruitment. Propel has a very strong client base and a fantastic reputation, so you’ll get a huge amount of exposure to an exciting market from the start. I’d also highly rate the culture at Propel. It’s like being part of one big family, everybody is supportive and works hard together but also likes to have fun, so there is a great social aspect – being in the heart of Soho helps this too!

I would say the company has changed quite a lot over the past couple of years’, but has always managed to self-improve and the Senior Management are fantastic at taking on constructive feedback and implementing positive change.

I’m really pleased I spent the first couple of years of my career at Propel and would definitely recommend!!

Cons

There really aren’t many cons. Just keep up the great training and positivity!!

2. "Fantastic Place to Work"

I have been working at Propel London full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined Propel straight out of university and have found the company a brilliant place to start my career. The senior management are incredibly supportive, and there is generally a great working atmosphere. If you're considering a career in recruitment as your first step post higher-education, then I couldn't recommend Propel highly enough.

Cons

Perhaps a lack of formal training when I started, however they have recently introduced a new training coach.

3. "Great environment, talented people, supportive and professional culture"

I have been working at Propel London full-time

Pros

The people - Propel have an exceptional team and everyone who joins brings something new. The hiring process is tough, but this means that the capabilities of everyone in the team are extremely high. This is a really inspiring, hard working group of people who care about what they do.
    Environment - we have just moved into new offices and the environment makes a big difference. We are now in a lovely loft office in Soho! Bright, airy and modern.
    Culture - Propel have focused on this a lot in the last couple of years. The culture is professional, but still fun, and high quality service is far more important than volume.
    General - incentives, staff committee, early Friday finishes, Ski Trip, annual festival, commission structure

Cons

There really are not many, music can be fairly eclectic! If you are starting out in recruitment, then there are no better places to learn your trade. The negative stories you here about the recruitment sector could not be further from the truth at Propel.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on culture, listening to the staff, and remaining true to the company values

4. "My second family!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Propel London full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A very fun, friendly, and vibrant place to be with a strategic, supportive and organised system that everyone can benefit from. The management have years of experience and are highly respected in the digital and recruitment world. They are also very involved on a daily basis and care about all the team’s. The client base is really strong and very diverse, which makes this an organisation I love working at. The heart of the business is based in Soho, which is an added bonus!

Cons

There aren't any, keep doing what you're doing.

5. "Fantastic people!"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Propel London full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team all root for each other and have each others backs. Management also get stuck in when needed.

Great team spirit and office vibe.

Cons

Maybe not enough training.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

6. "A fantastic place to start a career!"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

Pros

Having joined the business as a graduate I am now just shy of a year into my career and can honestly say i couldn't have wished for a better start to my working life.

When i arrived i was paired with a senior consultant who put real time and effort into making sure I knew what it takes to be successful in the industry.

The super experienced Management team sit amongst consultants in the office so are easily approachable and always willing to give advice on any subject.

Being based in the heart of Soho there is a lot of fun to be had and the culture within the office. Social outings are regularly organised and including ski trips and city breaks!!

If you are willing to put the hard work in you will no doubt be successful at Propel!

Other Benefits -

Company phone
    Free breakfast!

Cons

The office can sometimes get very hot!

Advice to Management

Keep going with the new values and I am sure it will be a great success

7. "Constantly going from Strength to Strength"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Propel London full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If Propel could be a TV programme – it would be the best watched one in the UK.

It is full of a dependable and hardworking team who are all out of the same goal. The senior management really care about each individual they hire and ensure that they receive the support they need in order to grow and prosper. The high standard of work combined with the team morale makes the company culture extraordinarily important and these values they have are carried throughout the whole business.

The Propel team and Brand allows everyone to value working for this company and each day it goes from strength to strength. Hard work is recognised and rewarded with all employees standing tall together, helping each individual achieve and ultimately ensuring Propel’s brand is at the forefront in anything they do.

Cons

Their really isn't many in this company - the music can sometimes be a bit iffy

Advice to Management

Keep up what your doing and looking at the big picture overall

8. "Good place to work but be wary"

I worked at Propel London full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere in the office with some fantastic colleagues. Work hard, play hard culture. Good pay and commission structure.

Cons

Very micro-managed and very much a revolving door when it comes to leavers and new starters. Highly KPI driven without looking at the bigger picture.

Advice to Management

Look beyond the KPI's

"Unprofessional, lack of career progression and KPI mad."

I worked at Propel London full-time

Pros

Great location in Soho, fun team mates and sociable. Good commission structure if you are a high biller.

Cons

Dictatorial management style and culture. No clear career progression, poor management structure, no mentoring support or appraisal scheme. Left very much to your own divises and if you do well you soon become a 'favourite'. Sink or swim environment where the management team manage by fear. I have now moved to a recruitment business where the management team listen and nurture talent, there is a clear plan for my career and i am praised and encouraged to do well. I have a great boss who has a really clear vison for his business and in turn for my career. I would interview at lots of Propel's competitors before joining Propel as they lack in lots of areas.

Advice to Management

Listen to your consultants more.

10. "Not your usual recruitment company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Propel London full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a graduate, entering the world of employment is a daunting thought. Propel were very welcoming and ensured my first job an enjoyable one. Throughout the interview process, it was clear that senior management really cared about the individual and their fit within the prospective team rather than just the content of the CV. This value is then carried throughout the business.

The atmosphere is fun, which is good for team morale and out of hours socialising. Importantly, it is very team orientated and there is no cowboy behaviour or dirty tactics (unlike most recruitment companies). This is really an accolade to Propel and it's invested attitude towards company culture. Great outside team bonding session- like company trips away

Also the free breakfast and bottomless biscuit tin really is a massive bonus and helps get you out of bed in the morning. Beer fridge on a Friday also is something to look forward to.

Cons

I think opportunity for new recruits to be involved in incentives would be beneficial.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing and acting on those values!