Propel London Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Melina Jacovou

1. "My second family!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Propel London full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A very fun, friendly, and vibrant place to be with a strategic, supportive and organised system that everyone can benefit from. The management have years of experience and are highly respected in the digital and recruitment world. They are also very involved on a daily basis and care about all the team’s. The client base is really strong and very diverse, which makes this an organisation I love working at. The heart of the business is based in Soho, which is an added bonus!

Cons

There aren't any, keep doing what you're doing.

2. "Fantastic people!"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Propel London full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team all root for each other and have each others backs. Management also get stuck in when needed.

Great team spirit and office vibe.

Cons

Maybe not enough training.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

3. "Constantly going from Strength to Strength"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Propel London full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If Propel could be a TV programme – it would be the best watched one in the UK.

It is full of a dependable and hardworking team who are all out of the same goal. The senior management really care about each individual they hire and ensure that they receive the support they need in order to grow and prosper. The high standard of work combined with the team morale makes the company culture extraordinarily important and these values they have are carried throughout the whole business.

The Propel team and Brand allows everyone to value working for this company and each day it goes from strength to strength. Hard work is recognised and rewarded with all employees standing tall together, helping each individual achieve and ultimately ensuring Propel’s brand is at the forefront in anything they do.

Cons

Their really isn't many in this company - the music can sometimes be a bit iffy

Advice to Management

Keep up what your doing and looking at the big picture overall

5. "A fantastic place to start a career!"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

Pros

Having joined the business as a graduate I am now just shy of a year into my career and can honestly say i couldn't have wished for a better start to my working life.

When i arrived i was paired with a senior consultant who put real time and effort into making sure I knew what it takes to be successful in the industry.

The super experienced Management team sit amongst consultants in the office so are easily approachable and always willing to give advice on any subject.

Being based in the heart of Soho there is a lot of fun to be had and the culture within the office. Social outings are regularly organised and including ski trips and city breaks!!

If you are willing to put the hard work in you will no doubt be successful at Propel!

Other Benefits -

Company phone
    Free breakfast!

Cons

The office can sometimes get very hot!

Advice to Management

Keep going with the new values and I am sure it will be a great success

6. "Good place to work but be wary"

I worked at Propel London full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere in the office with some fantastic colleagues. Work hard, play hard culture. Good pay and commission structure.

Cons

Very micro-managed and very much a revolving door when it comes to leavers and new starters. Highly KPI driven without looking at the bigger picture.

Advice to Management

Look beyond the KPI's

"Unprofessional, lack of career progression and KPI mad."

I worked at Propel London full-time

Pros

Great location in Soho, fun team mates and sociable. Good commission structure if you are a high biller.

Cons

Dictatorial management style and culture. No clear career progression, poor management structure, no mentoring support or appraisal scheme. Left very much to your own divises and if you do well you soon become a 'favourite'. Sink or swim environment where the management team manage by fear. I have now moved to a recruitment business where the management team listen and nurture talent, there is a clear plan for my career and i am praised and encouraged to do well. I have a great boss who has a really clear vison for his business and in turn for my career. I would interview at lots of Propel's competitors before joining Propel as they lack in lots of areas.

Advice to Management

Listen to your consultants more.

8. "Not your usual recruitment company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Propel London full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a graduate, entering the world of employment is a daunting thought. Propel were very welcoming and ensured my first job an enjoyable one. Throughout the interview process, it was clear that senior management really cared about the individual and their fit within the prospective team rather than just the content of the CV. This value is then carried throughout the business.

The atmosphere is fun, which is good for team morale and out of hours socialising. Importantly, it is very team orientated and there is no cowboy behaviour or dirty tactics (unlike most recruitment companies). This is really an accolade to Propel and it's invested attitude towards company culture. Great outside team bonding session- like company trips away

Also the free breakfast and bottomless biscuit tin really is a massive bonus and helps get you out of bed in the morning. Beer fridge on a Friday also is something to look forward to.

Cons

I think opportunity for new recruits to be involved in incentives would be beneficial.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing and acting on those values!

9. "A Great Recruitment Company"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

It took me a while to write this because I wanted to make sure I'd fully settled and seen the ins and outs of Propel London.

Where other recruitment companies have minimal interview steps followed by un-achievable targets and immense workloads, Propel's interview process is thorough but open. Unlike other interviews i'd been in leading up to Propel, the directors were interested in me and what i could do and how i'd fit into the team. They like people who have something a little bit different about them.

Propel has a very high standard of work, and high expectations of people. The strength of the brand brings in a lot of business, some legacy accounts have been with Propel since their doors opened remain clients currently. This means that time spent talking to candidates is as important as speaking to clients, Propel makes sure values are held across the business.

In terms of what I've seen so far, Propel has an unparalleled commission structure.

No cowboys here. The highest billers in the company value their product and don't operate as if they are stand alone and got to where they are all by themselves. This makes them eager to bring others up, share candidates and introduce opportunities.

The leadership work alongside the consultants, helping everyone to achieve.

Cons

Everyone has different sectors they work in, but often with the influx of business these sectors can merge and people can end up working with candidates from quite a different patch altogether.

Advice to Management

Carry on nailing down the cultural values, they are on the walls and in front of us so we need to see them acted on everyday.

10. "A brilliant place to work..."

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Propel London full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small, cohesive team full of real characters - no 'cookie cutter' employees or management, so there's never a dull day. Hard work is recognised and rewarded, and support is there when you need it. Plus culture is a top priority - making it a fun, inclusive place to be.

Cons

The eclectic mix of people leads to some terrible music tastes being played in the office... Justin Bieber should be banned, ideally from the Earth. But I'm not sure Propel could help that.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great atmosphere!

11. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

Propel have a great culture and they are proud of this. Since joining, I've been impressed with how the management are hands on and how often they contribute. They also provide lots of support and guidance to the less experienced staff.

Also, Propel's client base is one of the best around.

Great incentives and the rewards are excellent.

Cons

Don't expect every week to be a monster week. This impacts the staff and as we all know, happiness is key.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Keep the culture that you have built as this is one of the reasons are are all here.