Propeller "growing fast" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Propeller Employee Reviews about "growing fast"

Updated Oct 3, 2016

4.5
Propeller CEO Jeff Foley & Amy Weeden (no image)
Jeff Foley & Amy Weeden
Pros
  • "Work life balance is something that is actually possible at this firm(in 11 reviews)

• "The Leadership team is transparent about the firm's focus on growth and encourages consultants to participate in that endeavor(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company is growing FAST, and that start-up feel where everyone knew everyone is changing(in 3 reviews)

• "I have no cons to call out at this point(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "growing fast"

Return to all Reviews

"Propeller People Rock"

Current Employee - Consultant in Portland, OR

I have been working at Propeller full-time for more than a year

Pros

As my title suggests, the people at Propeller make it the best place I've worked, and I've worked at a few places and seen a few more. I want to be around Propeller people. They are smart, fun, welcoming, and humble. It's a pretty unique character trait combination, often times referred to as unicorns in the office given the mythical creature's scarcity. All credit for this curation goes to the founders (for setting... the expectations on who to hire) and the hiring team for finding these unicorns. There is no travel, which I greatly appreciate. The clients have been great for me, and from what I've seen they know that they are getting someone special when hiring from Propeller, and therefore are welcoming and appreciative from the start of engagements. The work has been challenging and rewarding, as I feel like I'm in appropriate roles where I am able to add significant value to the client. And the clients have been very happy with deliverables from myself and other Propeller people/teams that I've been in touch with at common clients. The Propeller leadership team cares for the employees, which, from my experience, is super valuable despite being so out of fashion. It's valuable because we all see that care and support, and it makes us even more dedicated to each other, to the firm, and appreciative of our unique circumstances. So, what does "care" look like? Supporting one of ours who had surgery and was out on medical leave for several months, and providing an open set of options on how and how fast to come back to work.

Cons

While not necessarily a con, I'd call it something that I'm looking out for, namely that Propeller is growing fast and I hope that despite that growth we are able to maintain our unique environment.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Be yourself. Congratulations on building something very special. Don't let a growing firm move you from your standard.

Propeller2016-10-03
  2. "Thinking Fast, Acting Small... Associates are empowered to do the very best work they can for their clients!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Propeller full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Yearly training plans - Growing, diverse set of clients - Awesome group of people to work along side - Start-up feel, enterprise-level talent

Cons

The company is growing FAST, and that start-up feel where everyone knew everyone is changing. Normal growth pains, but something to be aware of and monitor as we consider new markets and even new clients here in PDX. Given our attention and focus on culture, I have no doubt we'll continue to make this an exceptional place to work!

Advice to Management

Love the transparency and opportunities to be involved in growing the business - keep it up!

Propeller2015-03-05
  3. "Startup Consulting"

Current Employee - Associate in Portland, OR

I have been working at Propeller full-time for less than a year

Pros

I like everybody at the company and we have the freedom to do what we think is right. There's a lot of trust, and we take calculated risks pretty often. We're careful about adding new people, and that keeps a strong culture that cuts down on bureaucracy and policy. From a consulting point of view you get to work with large, big name clients without having to travel Monday - Thursday. We take on interesting... work that's important to our clients.

Cons

We're small and growing fast, which means we're all wearing many hats and constantly stretching. If you're looking for a title, a rigid structure, or to just put in your time for a guaranteed 2-3% raise every year; then we're not for you. We're also not a fit if you're looking to put in a few years in consulting for the resume bump.

Advice to Management

We're doing great so far, but we know it's going to get harder as we grow.

Propeller2014-07-26