Property Solutions International Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
David Bateman

Pros
  • There is sufficient emphasis on work life balance (in 6 reviews)

• Competitive pay, basketball and soccer teams, fun runs, free sports club and lunches, 401K, and so on (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Dave Bateman the CEO doesn't live the values that the company promotes and everything rolls down from there (in 4 reviews)

• What's left is (mostly) a group of yes-men (in 3 reviews)

1. "Good experience"

Former Employee - Implementation Project Manager in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Implementation Project Manager in Lehi, UT

I worked at Property Solutions International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Costco snacks, the people, fun, games. Challenging work. Like like like the people. Lots of geeks that are fun to play board games with.

Cons

Fattening snacks. Political problems in office. Lack of leadership and direction.

Advice to Management

Higher wages

2. "A great place to be!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Property Solutions International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a company that truly believes in it's values
    There is sufficient emphasis on work life balance
    Competitive pay
    Uplifting culture
    Dynamic and exciting environment

Cons

Less than attractive 401K match
    Product stability can be an issue

"Can be a good company to work for"

I worked at Property Solutions International full-time

Pros

There are a lot of good people that work here. Many of the people I worked with were awesome, and I would love to work with them again.

Cons

Because of poor management practices, and a constant rush to get code out, things are often unstable, which is a burden on the entire company. Support, Sales, and Development all feel the weight of the unstable code. Customers like the features, and the products, but are often at their wits end because of the constant flow of bugs and outages. This causes a fair amount of stress between departments. It doesn't help that the CEO seems to favor developers above all others.

Advice to Management

Manage expectations better. If you don't keep promising the moon to every customer, you won't have to put everyone under constant stress to get everything you promised out, and your code won't have to be so buggy. Developing faster is not the same as good development. Stability is the hallmark of a good company and a good product. Also, be ethical, and show loyalty to your employees and they will show loyalty back. Don't pick favorites. It doesn't have a positive effect on the company culture.

5. "6 months to think about it"

Former Employee - Software Engineer IV in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Software Engineer IV in Lehi, UT

I worked at Property Solutions International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was in the Entrata development department before the re-branding of the company name from Property Solutions to the accounting product's name, Entrata. And I got to work on the super popular student product and the beginnings of the affordable product.

My future is brighter after working at Entrata; I learned a ton. Even saying I learned a ton I feel is an understatement. I learned how to code better after seeing a code base that's a result from hundreds of good PHP developers' streamlining efforts. I strengthened my ability to write SQL as well, because the ORM code used is minimal in design so coding has to be very explicit which forces one to get stronger in the fundamentals of database and scripting languages. It was easy to trace why something happened for the most part. So I didn't experience the nightmare of working with super sloppy code. I would rate the code base as at least top 20% of all PHP code from other companies. The code could still be better, but in comparison to all of Github or other places I've been, the code is fairly clean.

I got to go to India to work with the Indians at our sister company, Xento. I got to go to Utah and work with Utahns. I got to work with some really smart and hard working people on both sides of the oceans. And I made friends all over.

I can confidently say the time I was with the company, it was clearly a life long positive impact. The company itself is special, or it has a special place in my heart. It's one or the other.

Cons

I am disappointed I wasn't strong enough personally to overcome the obstacles I encountered while working at Entrata, and I left as a result.

It's a special place to work, and you need special kinds of people that can thrive in such an environment.

I know that the experience varies widely from employee to employee. It's evident in the reviews. Some people will give the company excellent reviews, while others are horrible. I can only deduce from this that it's either due to different mini cultures in each department, and people literally are experiencing very different things. Or probably more accurate, it's maybe more due to how an employee reacts to the situation they are in.

In layman's phrasing, "It is what you make of it." Some people get a lot out of the experience of working at Entrata, like me, while others don't gain anything from their experience. So it's highly dependent on the person.

Advice to Management

None

"Good opportunities for entry level, unstable and toxic company culture"

Former Employee - Tech Support in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Provo, UT

I worked at Property Solutions International (More than a year)

Pros

I don't have a degree but got 2 promotions in the first year I worked there because I'm not a 19 year old idiot. The benefits weren't bad.

Cons

-Sexist patriarchal atmosphere
    -"yes" men get promoted instead of people who actually work. YOu're more likely to get fired for speaking up than listened to
    -Sweeping edicts by the CEO, Dave Bateman, who has no idea what your job is come in fairly regularly.
    -Constant restructuring
    -You'd be lucky to have a good manager. Most of the managers there don't have any experience with it and are really ineffective.
    -They don't even treat the people at the highest levels of the company well. I heard so many complaints from every developer I knew about how much work they had to deal with, how their roles in other companies were typically divided between 3 people.
    -They were doing weekly rollouts when I worked there which means software was ALWAYS breaking. I was in support and ended up working 12 sometimes 14 hours a couple times a week just to try and catch up (you will never ever catch up).
    -They give clients unreasonable expectations about what our products will do and how far our tech support will be able to go to fix things or push feature requests through.

Advice to Management

The products really do have the potential to be great if they were more focused on stable expansion than making as much profit in as short a time as possible.

Get a management training program in place. Promoting from within can be great but the inexperienced managers make it a really toxic work environment.

Dave Bateman makes the whole operation feel unstable because he's got a huge ego and can't delegate. He doesn't know what's happening in the trenches, makes questionable financial decisions, gets rid of old processes without having a new structure in place, and from stories corroborated by everyone I knew/know who has had to work with him in any capacity, he can't take criticism.

"Polishing the rough edges"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Property Solutions International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have never worked in such an autonomous position. I love that I have certain things to make sure I get done but then I have the autonomy to create, improve and help others. The barriers that once existed between departments are gradually fading away. Some may have said in their reviews that their experience here wasn't as great as they'd like it to be. I feel very strongly that your experience in life is what you make it. I know I'm in danger if I put blame on another department (or my own) over myself. The real issue is my own ability (or lack there of) to communicate well. So many potential escalations have been resolved because I've gotten out of my chair and gone up to talk to someone.

I feel like this company is going to grow rapidly. We have so many brilliant people here who seem to want to make a difference in the market and I believe we will eventually take it over. That means not only the lives of employees will be impacted by that but the people we cater to. That makes me excited every day to come in and do what I do.

Cons

Communication. So many of the issues that we have could be resolved by better communication and tools. While we are state that we are an innovative company, that is limited to certain areas. We haven't mastered the art of communication from the top down or from the bottom up.

Advice to Management

Please don't differentiate yourself from those who work with you. Get to know people better and inspire them to be better rather than show off to them all things you've purchased. Encouraging people to be unhealthy by working ridiculous hours so they can get that next promotion and achieve the "American Dream" is not wise. Encourage people to have a great work/life balance and be 100% committed in what they are doing whether that's at home or at work.

8. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Pros

Love the family oriented culture and the great activities that we can take our kids to. My kids always say I work at the coolest place

Cons

For some coming in from more established companies may not be able to handle software and process changes. Great product, but they are going to keep changing as the product continues to be developed and the company grows

Advice to Management

Make sure to reward top performers and review compensation packages often to keep them around long-term. The product takes a very long time to fully grasp and turnover can kill the flow of a team

9. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I worked at Property Solutions International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment. Good place to learn some great skills and hone the ones you already have. It's an active, and fun place that always keeps you on the go.

Cons

Long hours sometimes. Processes are not well defined. They don't always live up to their own "values".

10. "Fun and progressive"

Current Employee - Utah in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Utah in Lehi, UT

Pros

Business in the front, party in the back!

Cons

Kitchen runs out of food too quickly

Advice to Management

Get more big black trucks!

"21st Century Sweatshop!"

Current Employee - Leasing Center Professional in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Leasing Center Professional in Provo, UT

Pros

Free food, good co-workers.

Cons

upper management is horrible, The workload, schedules and culture are Dickensian, the attendance policies are rigid attendance policies, the QA/ workforce analysts are condescending and arrogant, and finally-metrics are a joke. Agents are judgetd on how adept, they are at salesmanship. When I was hired on, I thought that this job was helping and serving the customer. Now, I realize that it is about hawking our client's wares, and slaving for the faceless client, the CEO, and management! If anyone who reads this is thinking of coming on board the good ship Entrata-Please think twice. Stay away from this wretched place!

Advice to Management

Live the values that you have hanging in the leasing center. Namely-"Be excellent" to all of your employees-your hourly employees in particular! Without us and the work we do, you wouldn't be where you are.