Property West Residential Reviews | Glassdoor

Property West Residential Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2019

1.4
Property West Residential CEO Mark Gosselin (no image)
Mark Gosselin

"Needs Help"

I worked at Property West Residential part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Employee events are fun when they have them, Properties are Nice

Cons

Needs help with regionals and customer service, benefits are expensive, employees are moved around too much or pushed out of their job.

Advice to Management

Company has the opportunity to become great, trust your staff and offer better benefits.

Property West Residential2015-12-07

"at will=no security"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant

I worked at Property West Residential full-time for less than a year

Pros

easy to get hired on

Cons

let go - at will- no job security, was hired for 2 weeks, no performance issues. called into corporate to be told they are exercising at will and let me go. I saw the reviews and thought I could make a difference here. I was so eager to help. They wonder why they are doing so bad???? Keep good strong employees, I was there not even a week and got 2 residents to leave positive reviews, would not tell me why I was... being let go, I had no idea what at will was. It means they can get rid of you for any reason--- or no reason at all!!! I saw the horrible reviews for glassdoor and yelp and google, I thought I was going to make a huge difference. I was let go of my at will employment but told they wouldnt contest my unemployment. I begged to find out why. They said they didnt know and were told there wasnt a "reason" I think they are just looking for Yes Men. I wish I could give zero stars

Advice to Management

keep employees who are eager to work and make a difference. get rid of the dead weight that are not making a difference.

Property West Residential2019-04-13

"Maintenance lead"

Former Employee - Maintenance Lead in San Diego, CA

I worked at Property West Residential full-time for more than a year

Pros

None at this time there aren't any pros well They pay you on time I guess that's a pro They give a discount on rent

Cons

They run there company like high school One person thinks she is in control of the company but she has no idea what she is doing They will let good people go and keep bad people if they think they will sue don't even think about this company it will be good at first but don't be fooled run away as fast as you ca

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and they will stay It's not just about the money

Property West Residential2017-04-30

"A Lot of Potential Sadly Wasted"

Former Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Property West Residential full-time

Pros

*Properties are mostly A Class and in great locations *Portfolio is continuously expanding *Company is not afraid of change and aims for updating, advancement, and relevance *A lot of training is provided *There is some potential for growth with the expansion *Wonderful co-workers. *This company has the potential to be a driving force in the industry.

Cons

*A fear-based, burn-out type of organization that will stifle talent, set employees up for failure, and use them up for all they can. *Extremely high turnover rate in employees and tenants, even long-term employees are not valued. *Corporate and upper management are generally not properly qualified or educated for their positions, which is evident in the trickle-down effect. No one here has a real estate... license and few have anything more than a GED. *Poorly organized, inconsistent, poor communication, favoritism, empty promises. *Generally understaffed and overworked. *Virtually nonexistent Human Resources management. *Rampant harassment and retaliation claims linked to certain members of upper management. *Little or no merit rewards or recognition. *No additional perks such as tuition reimbursement, retirement planning, etc. *Ethically and legally questionable practices. *The word "professional" is thrown around a lot but everything seems to be operated on personal and emotional levels. *No mileage reimbursement for company-mandated travel (outside of home-to-worksite commute), even if the travel creates a hardship. *Below-average compensation with little-to-no increases, lackluster benefits, no bonuses\commissions. This will be the only time in your life that you qualify for public assistance like food stamps while simultaneously being gainfully employed at a luxury high-profit-yield location. *Mandatory security deposit to live in one of their communities, even if your job requires you to live on-site. *Tenants and employees are consistently treated as disposable. *Only place I have ever worked where I was yelled at and verbally abused by supervisors. *You are expected to answer your personal cell phone for business-related matters 24/7, and forward calls from the office phone to your phone on sick\vacation days, without any compensation or provision of a business cell phone. If you do not answer or return calls immediately, you will be reprimanded. *Sadly, the general consensus is employees who stay on with this company quietly tolerate the abuse because they feel they have nowhere else to go or don't want to give up a discounted apartment in a perfect location.

Advice to Management

Listen and respond to employee concerns and feedback. Take a look at other local property management firms and their practices and see how you really stack up against the competition. Understand the true cost of high turnover. Treat employees (and residents) like valuable assets and investments so you stop losing the quality talented and capable ones to other local firms, where they can do the same job for better... compensation in a significantly better work culture. With a few changes, you could be a leader in San Diego's property management field.

Property West Residential2014-08-12