KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Add a Review

Proscribe Employee Reviews about "doctors"

Updated Oct 22, 2021

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 421 of over 422 reviews
3.3
60% Recommend to a Friend
76% Approve of CEO

Found 20 of over 422 reviews

3.3
Proscribe CEO Toby Mulligan (no image)
Toby Mulligan

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

10h

a

Mental Health Specialist II

8 years experience in Social Work. Have undergraduate degree in Sports Management and Masters in Social Work. Have taken the Licensing exam 3 times and failed. Will be 31 in January and am wondering whether I should continue this career path. If I did decide on another career path I have no idea what that would be. Currently making around 60k, would be happier in the 70-80 range. Wondering if HealthCare is worth it long term.. Any suggestions?

6 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Low pay but worth it in my opinion and long shifts.(in 95 reviews)
  • "Small pay, bad management, little benefits(in 24 reviews)
  • "Training is long and difficult.(in 18 reviews)
  • "Long hours and often required to stand for 10 hours straight.(in 18 reviews)
  • "Minimum wage despite increased number of patients(in 11 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Proscribe and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "doctors"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

It's harder than it seems

Oct 22, 2021 - Medical Scribe in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Medial experience, shadowing a doctor while getting paid

Cons

Pay rate is not cool

2. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good opportunity to get to know the medical field

Oct 11, 2021 - Medical Scribe in Salem, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good experience in medical field. Get to know doctors and other medical professionals. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Mandatory overnight shifts. Very fast-paced work environment for those with little experience.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Don't reccomend

Sep 28, 2021 - ER Medical Scribe
    Business Outlook

Pros

First hand ER experience, Get to work with some great doctors whom appreciate what your work entails.

Cons

Can be stuck in graveyard hours, awful pay, while some doctors are great, other's can be extremely rude even when you are doing their work for them. Unless you have extreme shorthand - will be tough to keep up with some doctor's speaking pace while note taking.

4. 5.0

none

Aug 26, 2021 - Medical Assistant in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

fun easy hours nice doctors

Cons

long hours bad pay not fun

5. 3.0
    Current Employee

Review

Aug 25, 2021 - Medical Scribe in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great experience as a pre-medical student working one on one with doctors and nurses in clinic.

Cons

The pay is very low and not sustainable as your only source of income.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great experience, awful work environment and pay

Jul 6, 2021 - Executive Director Medical Scribe in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get to shadow doctors, PAs, and NPs. Could possibly get a letter of recommendation.

Cons

The work environment is awful. I'm not sure if it is like this for all of the EDs that Proscribe has contracts with, but after talking to a few friends that have worked at different locations, there seems to be a pattern. Scribes are the lowest of the low. Everyone sees a young person with big aspirations and seems to want to crush them. For $9 an hour, you get yelled at my physicians, nurses, and any other personnel you can possibly think of. I like to think that I was decent at my job. I never messed up majorly on any of my tasks and always caught mistakes early. Another thing that I saw a lot was the staff gossiping about scribes and how incompetent they thought they were. This is when I became more closed off and stopped talking to anyone while I was at work, but that only seemed to make things worse. The scheduling was awful as they always seemed understaffed which resulted in me working the weirdest hours. I could be scheduled to get off of work at 2am one day and immediately have to go back in at 6am. I'd be scheduled for an over night shift and have only one day to recover to go back in at 6am. I ended up having to quit since scheduling started interfering with my classes and my performance at work. I 100% feel like I was underpaid for this job and I never got a raise even after a year of being with the company. Also, they start you off at minimum wage during training and make you sign a non-compete so you can't work at another scribing company or as a scribe with another office for at least a year after your time at Proscribe. Full-time pay is about $12 an hour too which feels ridiculously low. I also compared my pay with a few other employees. Turns out, my male colleagues who joined with zero scribing experience like myself were making $10.50 an hour. I'm not saying that this could mean anything, but I just thought that was something worth pointing out.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

It's a good job for experience getting into the medical field

Apr 26, 2021 - Medical Scribe in Winston-Salem, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

You will get so much exposure sitting in and talking with patients and going through the thought process of the doctor you're working with.

Cons

You may or may not get matched with a doctor who is conscientious of your learning experience because at the end of the day this is a job and you are there primarily to help your doctor help patients

8. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Pay is awful

May 10, 2021 - Medical Scribe in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great starting point -Interacting with doctors

Cons

-Pay is awful for the amount of work needed from you

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

If you need clinical experience, this job is perfect

Mar 31, 2021 - Emergency Department Medical Scribe in Dover, DE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Clinical experience, shadow doctors, improve knowledge of medical terminology

Cons

Long hours, low pay, stressful work environment

10. 4.0

Good clinical experience

Feb 4, 2021 - Scribe
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent clinical experience Work closely with doctors

Cons

Highly variable Low pay Depends highly on doctors

Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Reviews

Company Updates

Logo

132 days ago

Company News
We have DOUBLED the referral bonus to $300 per referral! !📲 There are unlimited referrals as long as the guidelines below are met, so you can get creative and pass along the opportunity to close friends, family, classmates, group members, or anyone you think would benefit from virtual or in-person healthcare experience! Current Employees: Have your friends complete these simple steps: 1. Submit an application at proscribemd.com/become-a-scribe 2. Indicate your name in the referral field 3. Referral must complete 200 hours of employment (Referral and current employee must be in good standing to claim!)
Shared image

Proscribe Photos

+ Add Photo
Proscribe photo of: ProScribe Christmas Party 2021
Proscribe photo of: Christmas Party Games
Proscribe photo of: Meet Your Recruitment Marketing Team!
Proscribe photo of: 5th Annual Scribe Costume Contest
Proscribe photo of: 2021 Annual ProScribe Costume Contest Winner - Katya as Dr. Grabowski!
Proscribe photo of: Costume Contest Winner 2018

Glassdoor has 422 Proscribe reviews submitted anonymously by Proscribe employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Proscribe is right for you.