KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Add a Review

Proscribe Employee Reviews about "scribe"

Updated Sep 8, 2021

Found 20 of over 423 reviews

3.3
Proscribe CEO Toby Mulligan (no image)
Toby Mulligan

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Low pay but worth it in my opinion and long shifts.(in 103 reviews)
  • "Poor management.(in 22 reviews)
  • "Training is long and difficult.(in 20 reviews)
  • "Long hours and often required to stand for 10 hours straight.(in 16 reviews)
  • "Minimum wage despite increased number of patients(in 11 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Proscribe and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "scribe"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Overall a good company to work for

Dec 14, 2021 - Medical Scribe
    Business Outlook

Pros

Upper management is very friendly and always willing to help when needed.

Cons

The biggest complaint is the low pay as a scribe.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Great start for future healthcare professionals

May 23, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great place to get entry level experience - progressively improving layers of support - provides credentialing/certifications

Cons

- Not enough opportunities to progress to higher positions - lack of transparency - low pay for corporate positions compared to other scribe companies - medical benefit premiums are too high for minimum wage positions - doesn't allow cash out of Paid Time Off accrued

2 people found this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Work here if you can take the cons

Apr 25, 2016 - ER SCRIBE in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Amazing firsthand experience working in hospitals and clinics -Working as a scribe is great to learn more about the field of medicine -Opportunity to build lasting professional relationships with other scribes, doctors, nurses, etc *Recommendation letters anyone?

Cons

-12 hour shifts, capped at 35 hour max per work week. -Inadequate compensation for workload -Extremely high-paced with constantly heavy workload -Must deal well in high-pressure situations

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Horrible experience

May 16, 2022 - Medical Scribe in Winston-Salem, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good scribe training for resume.

Cons

Extremely disorganized, horrible people work for them, management has zero employee responsibility, bad ethics, discriminatory, etc.

5. 2.0

Medical Scribe

Oct 13, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Zion, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are flexible when needed, and the experience is something you cannot find anywhere else.

Cons

At my sight they hired too many people to cover two doctors. They went on a hiring spree because they 'anticipated they would need it' only to be wrong. That left everybody working one maybe two shifts a week. Also as far as pay goes everybody is sort of low balled (which every scribe company does I guess). Management also was usually late on informing everyone about what's going on.

6. 3.0

Hm

Dec 17, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Experience with providers. Extra pay for training new scribes.

Cons

Unorganized and inflexible. You are responsible for finding coverage if you can't make a shift but it's still on you if no one will agree to cover regardless of how far ahead you notified of your absence. The website was not as user friendly as I had hoped but quickly learned how to navigate it. Pay was pretty low; was working for ~8 months when training a new scribe whose starting pay was my raise pay.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

I absolutely love working here

Dec 31, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at ProScribe has been such a great experience. As a student, they have always worked with my schedule. I love how scribes connect via the Facebook group. It’s great meeting new people, even if it isn’t in person, who have the same goals and are trying to navigate the field. I’ve had nothing but great physicians and NPs to scribe for and it’s been such an amazing learning experience.

Cons

In my experience, there isn’t much “flexibility” with last minute schedule changes. I can’t complain much because this is the case wherever you work. You should give a notice at least 2 weeks in advance. The only thing is that with all of my providers, they’ve only ever had me and one other person as a scribe. Since we work under multiple providers, schedule conflicts are guaranteed. For instance, the days I work for a provider, their other scribe is working for a different provider. So if any emergency were to happen, I can’t really have the other scribe cover for me since they’re already working for another provider. If it’s really an emergency though, such as I’m too sick to work or a family emergency etc., site coordinators have always been helpful and will work around it with me. So I really can’t complain much.

Proscribe Response

Sourcing and Outreach Manager

Thank you so much for your candid and detailed feedback - and we are elated that you love working with ProScribe and your physicians! Though there may be limited flexibility on last-minute schedule changes, it's great to hear that our team has been helpful and works with you to accommodate a sick day or family emergency. It's also great to hear that you enjoy connecting with our employees via our Facebook group! Thank you again for taking the time to review us and I hope your experience with us continues to be beneficial and enjoyable!

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Interesting job, low pay, unprofessional Human Resources

Aug 4, 2017 - Medical Scribe in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

You learn a lot of medical information from the doctors you scribe for.

Cons

If you call out sick with less than 24 hours notice, you will get a call the same day from: your site supervisor, Human Resources, and the area director asking if you’re faking illness. Seriously.

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Scribe, Site Coordinator

Apr 3, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best experience you will get working alongside doctors, nurses, hospital environment. Developed great relationships with lots of professionals for great references. Learned an immense amount of knowledge that will help me forever. I 100% recommend college kids to still go after the job regardless of the cons, because there is nothing out there that will get you the same experience and knowledge.

Cons

As a site coordinator, it was very frustrating with the amount of responsibility I had to keep the doctors happy yet had little to no power to allow that to happen. When something goes wrong, all fingers are pointed to the scribes or site coordinator, when it was always a management problem to begin with that the scribes and site coordinators were doing their best to manage while also going to college. I understand why scribes were put in management positions, because we were the only ones who truly understood how things were going on in the ED and don't think thats the problem like other reviews have said. However, it seemed like the company was only focused on growth and getting more contracts, instead of fixing the things many of us repeatedly told them were a problem. They promise doctors scribes that could do it all immediately, then expected us to be able to train them in 3-5 shifts and then just learn the rest as the go. It made the doctors not trust the company at times when the promises weren't followed through. I will say the doctors were part of the problem very, very often due to personality differences or expecting more than a college kid could learn in a short amount of time. Some simply don't have the patience to also put in the work on their end to make the scribe program work well at their facility. They thought they were going to be handed perfect scribes and never have to teach anything. The scribes are the business and the training wasn't adequate enough to keep the doctors happy while trying to scribe/train at the same time. I requested many times to allow scribes to train for a month OR MORE. That sounded crazy to them, and I understand it costs money...but when a scribe got a complaint from a doctor because we trained under their guidelines, it was the site coordinator's fault. Lots of pressure to do your job well but never given the proper resources to really make it happen. When I did have great scribes, I would lose them due to low pay once they graduated. It was sad because they were my best scribes and wanted to keep the job while applying to med school, but couldn't stay on that kind of pay and still afford to live so they were forced to move back home to their parents while trying to apply to med school. Keep in mind these were scribes who had more than earned a raise, but I was always told giving raises was just too complicated for upper management to handle individual pay rates. I understood that it was all a lot more complicated than it seemed, especially in the ever changing department of the emergency room, but it just felt like a lost cause and I got extremely burnt out. Doctors wanted all the scribes to be as great as the ones who had worked as one for a while, and there was no way to get scribes to that level of efficiency while understanding just as much as a doctor. I had really considered staying with this company long term, but after seeing so many co workers who had been very loyal to the company get fired for one reason or another, that scared me away. There were too many processes that relied on everyone doing their job perfectly, and as soon as one person got lazy it would ruin the entire chain below them. I say this with only respect because I really loved the company and cared about it, but it was really saddening to see how many others had the same passion for the company but didn't trust that changes would be made and ultimately left for something else. I think ultimately the amount of time and effort it took out of an individual to make the company great and work well took way more than they were able to pay for and I'm not sure what the solution is to that.

4 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Proscribe is a scam who makes you pay them and takes advantage of pre-med students

Nov 3, 2020 - Medical Scribe in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love my patients and doctors but you experience this outside of Proscribe

Cons

Proscibe is a scam. I have been employed here for over a year, and I can tell you that I regret it! Like everyone else, I am applying to medical school and I thought that it would be a good opportunity. PLEASE take my advice when I tell you that there are way better opportunities you can become involved with, that you will NOT regret. They do not offer any PTO, (although they say they do, you basically accrue 2 HOURS a month!) No benefits and they make sure that the cost of doing business is paid for by THE SCRIBE! (That would be you!) If you work in person, you have to pay for your own uniform that you MUST get from them. But it's nonrefundable and you're stuck with it after you leave. They make you pay for any training certifications that they require you to have and ultimately they have a contract that you have to reimburse THEM for the cost of training you for the job they hired you to do. ($250 if you're part time and $500 if you're full time, and they ONLY pay you minimum wage during the month long training, and if they have any company meetings, they will only pay you minimum wage for the time you are forced to spend in meetings) And if you try to leave to go work with someone else, think again, because they also make you sign a contract that you won't work for any of their competitors or at any of the hospitals/clinics they have worked with. And they will pay you PENNIES! You will get $9 per hour part time, $10 per hour full time while they make more than $16 an hour off the work that you do. The work is A LOT! No one that I have worked with for the last 1.5 years has felt they were paid nearly enough for the amount of work and stress they are expected to deal with, with this job. Last but not least, is the management that is immensely unorganized and inconsistent. It's a train wreck. They don't effectively communicate or even know what's going on and will have tell you changes last minute or not at all, and you'll have to find them out yourself. Do yourself a favor and don't fall for their scam!

3 people found this review helpful