Proservice Hawaii Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2020

4.4
Proservice Hawaii President Ben Godsey (no image)
Ben Godsey
Pros
  • "I can feel confident that if someone is not fulfilling their responsibilities or upholding the company core values that it will be addressed quickly(in 16 reviews)

• "Work hard play hard attitude, good core values(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Fast paced environment and high expectations are not for everyone(in 6 reviews)

• "Same issue as everywhere, hard to find a work-life balance(in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Company"

Current Employee - Administrative Specialist in Kahului, HI

I have been working at Proservice Hawaii full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people, atmosphere, client focused, employee centered, employee growth, and career advancement opportunities. Everyone would love to work for Proservice.

Cons

Not that I can think of. Our internal communication and problem solving is at a level that solves any cons that may come up, so I am unaware so far of any.

Continue reading
  2. "Core Values Exemplified"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hawai‘i Kai, HI

I worked at Proservice Hawaii full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Proservice is a values-driven company that truly lives its Core Values and respects its employee 'ohana. All of the employees are driven to success and work together to meet the needs of their client-partners. All of the management team, especially Ben, lead by example and genuinely care for their employees.

Cons

Pay isn't great and opportunities for advancement are limited, especially in highly specialized areas.

3. "Poor Leadership, High Turnover & Unfair Practices"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Hawai‘i Kai, HI

I worked at Proservice Hawaii full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay (for some, not all), flexible hours, remote work.

Cons

Extremely poor leadership, from the executive level down to department managers. Tiered management system. Very high turnover due to bad company culture (again, due to poor leadership). Most tenured employees are gone. Poor communication between depts, disorganized and understaffed, unfair practices and lack of support. Unfair lead distribution (political/favoritism) and no transparency. Often require team members to perform/“role play” in front of peers so execs and management can critique/test/belittle. Leadership takes no responsibility for any of the issues and passes the blame on to staff. No upward mobility or room for advancement. They will get what they can out of you and then it's on to the next.

Continue reading
  4. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Payroll Compliance Consultant

I have been working at Proservice Hawaii full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am able to work remotely and they are nothing but caring for their employees and clients.

Cons

I fly to Hawaii only once a year.

5. "Great people, culture and company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales Operations Coordinator in Hawai‘i Kai, HI

I have been working at Proservice Hawaii full-time for less than a year

Pros

They really work to cultivate a positive and productive company culture for their employees through lots of employee appreciation and recognition, plenty of room to move up or into a different position, and core values are held very tightly. Work hard, play hard mentality, in the best way possible.

Cons

Can be very noisy and distracting in the office at times

6. "Hard work but fun culture"

4.0
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Proservice Hawaii full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great colleagues, learn something new everyday

Cons

Same issue as everywhere, hard to find a work-life balance

"Awful"

Former Employee - Head Chef

I worked at Proservice Hawaii full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great team and I appreciate the love I got.

Cons

Awful management !!!!!!! They didn't care about employees at all.

Proservice Hawaii Response

July 29, 2019Executive Team

Thank you for the feedback. I’m sorry to hear you didn’t have a good experience with your manager. We have high expectations for how our managers engage with their staff, and part of that is an expectation that everything we do comes from a place of caring and empathy. This clearly didn’t connect in your case; we will continue to invest in training all of our managers how to do better in the future.

"Do not work at ProService Hawaii"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hawai‘i Kai, HI

I worked at Proservice Hawaii full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They offer free soft drinks and snacks.

Cons

Literally everything else Executive team leadership is non-existent The pay is low and they have no career advancement opportunities Half of the projects you work on will never see the light of day Politics run the organization - Your skill level and expertise mean nothing Management style is top-down, keep the foot on the neck of the employees and make them feel as inferior as possible Despite your expertise, you will be tasked with jobs that have nothing to do with your career. They frame it as "Pro First" but in reality they're cheap and don't want to hire additional people They refuse to invest in technology, instead demanding employees work twice as hard and inefficiently They sacrifice good service for growth and take on more clients than they can handle Fire drills are a daily norm, you never get to do your actual job Quarterly planning takes a month and it happens every quarter. You will be overworked until you're no longer useful then tossed aside

Proservice Hawaii Response

July 29, 2019Executive Team

First, thank you for your feedback. It is hard to read, but without feedback it is hard to improve. We strive to be open and transparent in our decision making, priority setting and communication, but there is always room to improve. I’m sorry you didn’t experience this during your time at ProService. We care deeply about our company culture, and take pride in being one of the Best Places to Work for 13 years in a row, however we aren’t perfect and will continue to listen to all feedback in a relentless pursuit of improvement.

"client services"

2.0
     in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Proservice Hawaii for less than a year

Pros

Some employees are well paid for their jobs

Cons

training is inconsistent, not professionally delivered and the level of training depends of how is assigned to you.

"Okay"

I have been working at Proservice Hawaii full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management does try to make Proservice fun, but it seems almost cult like at times with the huge emphasis on the companies values. There are free breakfasts on Friday as well as casual Friday so thats pretty nice!

Cons

Very disorganized environment, I feel like they hire and plan the organizations needs very poorly. Employees seem to just be shifted around into positions and tasks that they didn't sign up for (which is fine but this should be emphasized during the interview process). Also, pay is poor even for Hawaii.

Found 101 reviews