Prospect Education Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Financial Aid Coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I worked at Prospect Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company had great pay and treated its employees extremely well. Also very flexible and understanding that sometimes personal issue arise and they helped accommodate those issues. Co-workers were real team players and didn't mind helping one another out.

Cons

Upper management was very unprofessional and did not have the proper knowledge to run the department properly. Promotions were done based on favoritism and not actual job performance. Answers were not consistent throughout the company based on whom you asked determined what the answer would be.

Advice to Management

Hire based on education and experience and not just who you know as you may miss out on some excellent employees that are hard working and very dedicated.

Apr 25, 2016 – Vice President of Human Resources

Thanks for your candid opinion and positive comments. We appreciate there are always different and better ways to do things, although we think our process is pretty objective, I am sure there is... More

2. "Come on people. Get with the program."

I have been working at Prospect Education full-time

Pros

Okay pay. Nice people in some departments.

Cons

Where to start? Nothing like being on a call and hearing the DCS (who has no clue by the way) bashing the CEO. She is either to busy gossiping or kissing butt to do her job. Most managers are completely unapproachable. Dress code is a joke. Most people behave like children in the office (proven by the number of toys on their desks). No training on new policies or systems.

Advice to Management

Focus on what can be done Hold your managers accountable for their respective departments. It's not fair that employees are fired just because managers won't take the time to develop them.

Mar 24, 2017 – Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback!. We appreciate the acknowledgement of your talented peers and co-workers. With regard to the DCS, it would appear there may be a personality difference. We won’t... More

"Beware"

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Anchorage, AK

I worked at Prospect Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fellow employees are great, pay is okay. Managment can be understanding of situations.

Cons

This "college" doesnt care about its students. They are here for the money and that is all. Placement rates were horrible upon graduation. We were blamed for our students not attending or not enrolling even though our healthy price tag. The pay structure, they changed it around to save themselves money, bonuses were cut or people were moved before bonuses were paid. Charter is accedited by ACICS which has lost its recognition. They also accredited ITT tech..

Advice to Management

Care about the people that you are charging 25k to go to school. Stop changing around things all the time. Above all be honest. Make money but actually help you clients.

Mar 24, 2017 – Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. Reviews from current and former employees consistently recognize the great people that work for this company and acknowledge our pay and benefits, and we appreciate... More

"A Sinking Ship"

I worked at Prospect Education full-time

Pros

There are many wonderful people you will work with.

A good stepping stone to get experience in higher education.

Cons

Advancement is said to be given to those who work hard but more often than not it is given to incompetent morons that are part of the "boys club".

Leadership does not give new concepts or procedures time to develop and work. They instead rush into new plans haphazardly. Constant restructuring and lay offs of departments and positions makes a very uncertain and stressful work environment.

Advice to Management

Create better structures for advancement.

Value your hard working employees.

Stop blaming your workers for failures when adequate time is not given to see new concepts and ideas work.

Apr 13, 2016 – Vice President of Human Resources

Boys Club? 67% of our campus leaders are female as is 60% of our Executive Leadership. Not sure to what you are referring, but we do appreciate the fact that you think the pace at which we move... More

"Investigators will find that Prospect Education is going the way of the Fraudulent Corinthian Colleges Soon"

Former Employee - Instructor
    Former Employee - Instructor

Pros

If you want to learn all sorts of employable skills outside of your skill set, then take a job with Prospect Education. This organization is cutting corners financially (to please their board of directors), and they are not hiring specialist, so you will have an opportunity to enhance your curriculum vitae with other duties as assigned work (even though you will not be paid for it). Great place to increase your skill set!

Cons

All of the recent negative reviews are correct, due to the individual context. If you are part of Campus Care (Reno NV, or Salt Lake City, Utah), you have seen the cutthroat mentality from this profit motivated organization. The recent centralization has garnered removal of the "old guard" employees that were paid too much and know too much, to allow room for the hungry, desperate individuals, just trying to earn a living with an organization that they do not know has a non-altruistic underside. The most damaging part of this new centralization is the non-transparent mindset of the total disregard for the customer (the students). These unsuspecting clients do not know that they lulled into a false since of security of completing their educational goals in a fast-paced (5-week modules), with unlimited resources to help them expand their horizons. Nothing is further from this truth.
    Students are enrolled, even if their individual learning style and skill set is not conducive to the pace of the academic model nor the online platform for most courses. The recent cost saving steps include removal of the on-ground library and library coordinator, executive assistants, and facility managers. There will be no more face-to-face tutoring, especially tutoring for Medical Assistants needing guidance to take their National Centers for Competency Test (NCCT) in order to become a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA). The students have to rely on over-worked instructors, with little time to tutor online-challenged students. And last but not least...the printing capabilities option has been removed. Students can no longer print out copies of assignments or chapters from books for those that still need a hard copy to study at home. Those students are going to have to get along with everything going virtual. Prospect Education is trying to mimic the learning management system environment of the famous University of Phoenix, but all they are really doing is propelling the students into a future of financial debt due to no help or resources during the fast-paced no help environment forced on the unsuspecting student. These students have a high probability of not getting a job, because they will not learn anything within this new no-help environment. This culture is more than the deplorable treatment to the staff and faculty, it is a sham to the students/customer and just as unethical as the Corinthian scandal, which comes from the top, i.e., the CEO and COO. Students and future employees..caveat emptor (beware the buyer).

Advice to Management

The parent company Sverica International should review the strategies of the CEO and COO of Prospect Education LLC. as it pertains to the lack of providing a quality education to its customers (students), because you have a high probability of this subsidiary being investigated by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), and the Department of Education. Audit and correct now, before you suffer the same civil consequences (multi-million dollar fines) of Corinthian Colleges.

Mar 15, 2016 – Vice President of Human Resources

There is no doubt that we have “centralized services” in an effort to improve compliance, the quality and consistency of customer service, educational consistency and the quality of the student... More

"A Good Business with Terrible President/CEO"

I have been working at Prospect Education full-time

Pros

Wonderful staff who unfortunately work for a tyrant who believes he is God.

Cons

President/CEO and COO are incompetent, unprofessional, liars who are interested in padding their wallets and not caring about employees or past/present/future students.

Advice to Management

Fire Michael L. Dawson and Joshua H. Swayne and have them investigated for fraud and theft.

Mar 14, 2016 – Vice President of Human Resources

Well, if we get beyond the obvious emotion and personal attacks, we have to conclude you really have nothing to say. Of course, if you do work here, with that attitude, I would conclude it is you who... More

"Great Company to work for"

Pros

Great people who are passionate about wht they do and their students

Cons

Really cannot find too many bad things about the company

"This was s a great place to work"

Pros

Prospect Education has some of the best employees out there. HR does an amazing job of hiring people who not only have the skills necessary to do the job but also have personalities that fit with existing employees. They try to make it a fun place to work and recognize the contributions each employee makes toward the success of the company.

Cons

They health insurance plan is lousy and the technology could be a lot better (but they do have a great IT team).

Advice to Management

Keep recognizing how hard your staff works and let them know you recognize them.

"If you like being worked to the ground and then being thrown out like trash then come work here!"

Pros

The only good thing you get from working for this company is the relationship you build with your co-workers.

Cons

Basically everything else is a Con while working at Prospect Education. They will set you up with a goal and once you meet it the keep increasing their expectations to ridiculous extents. Mike Dawson is a horrible person and CEO! He has made it his goal to put money in his pocket at the expense of the employees. Finds any way possible to take your well deserved bonuses by finding loopholes to his own severely vague bonus structure plans. Lets people go faster than imaginable and then adds all of their work duties to other employees so that he no longer has to pay for the wages that the person made. Oh and don't forget you will end up having the job duties of various people without receiving a raise. He will let you know that they are only giving a 3% annual raise to employees companywide while he still makes sure to take his lavish trips and leaves employees with nothing. You can literally be the best at what you do and get thrown out like a piece of trash once he is done with you. CAUTION if you enter this company as a director, department head or any other position that is well paid you will be one of the first to be let go! Working for this company has been a huge disappointment and a waste of time.

Advice to Management

Mike Dawson needs to be called out for being a horrible CEO. He has no respect for his employees and needs to learn how to run a business. He has no problem telling you his story of how he got to this position in his life and how his college years were full of bad decisions and drug abuse.... well maybe he should have stuck to the drugs because his practices as CEO are pathetic and absurd. You need to learn how to treat people Mike Dawson and how to run a company. Your plummeting numbers are proof of your poor job as CEO of this company.

"Greedy & Insensible!!"

Current Employee - N/A in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - N/A in Reno, NV

I have been working at Prospect Education full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

When I started off working for Prospect Education, it was known as one of the best companies I worked for. Great management, benefits, fun working environment, and always recognized for my hard work. Great coworkers I can now call friends!

Cons

Employees are punished for the company's lack of financial stability and inconsistent/poor management. Due to the company losing money, employees are now treated less than and all of our hard work that was done yesterday, the previous month, or previous quarter is discarded....even if we made/maintained our department goals. The CEO is extremely greedy and insensible! Not only has he humiliated us by this new "tsunami" thing he has going, which gave most of us hope the company will pick back up, BUT we will all be out of jobs in January 2015 with no severance pay to show some type of appreciation for ALL of our hard work we have provided towards this company. Some of us have been loyal to this company for years and this is what we get...a SLAP IN THE FACE!

Advice to Management

A good manager understands the contribution of his or her employees. Stop following the steps of the CEO, he isn't always right and honestly cannot run a business. Continue to keep your employees happy and FIGHT for what is right!!