Prospect Financial Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Jason Vondrak

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company If You Put in EFFORT"

Former Employee - Loan Officer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Loan Officer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Prospect Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, good support, managers actually cared for their employees and truly wanted to see them succeed. Even when things were very tough industrywide and internally, management always did their best to stay positive and take the glass is half full approach. I had no regrets working for this company and I truly learned a lot from being there the time I was there. Thank you.

Cons

It's a tough industry and in sales you have to put in the extra hours if you want to get paid what you think you're worth. Often times there were employees that simply didn't care and rather than letting them get what they deserved (being let go), managers spent too much time and effort in helping the bad seeds instead of focusing on those that were succeeding or trying their hardest to succeed. Focus on those that want to help themselves not those that are looking for handouts or simply looking for all of the negative aspects of the company. This is contagious and can make a great company sputter into mediocrity...

Advice to Management

Don't let the naysayers dictate your policies. Too many times you tried so hard to help people succeed even though they weren't helping themselves succeed. While it is admirable to want every employee to succeed, not letting go of those employees that are a drain on the entire company effects those that are doing all of the right things. Other than that, stay loyal to yourselves and the people that are loyal to you. If you have the will To stay the course, through thick and thin, highs and lows and this company will continue to be a top contender.

"Loan Officer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Prospect Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to work for a company.

Cons

Poor management, CEO was deceptive, misleading, negative atmosphere

Advice to Management

Work on being honest and developing skills for interaction with employees.

"Loan Officer"

I worked at Prospect Financial Group full-time

Pros

Some of my colleagues were good, hard-working people.

Cons

Jason Vondrak is a disaster.

Advice to Management

Focus on transparency and honesty.

"Processor"

Pros

Good People, Fun. Environment, emphasize for core values

Cons

Very Un organized, minimal training, mortgage industry on. the decline

Advice to Management

better training and more organization to help employees succeed

"Small company"

I worked at Prospect Financial Group part-time

Pros

Positive atmosphere. People are very nice. Great location

Cons

No job security. Very unstable

"Loan Processor"

Former Employee - Loan Processor in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Loan Processor in San Diego, CA

I worked at Prospect Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pros were that the office is close to the beach. Also the office environment was relaxed and we could come in whenever we wanted we just had to work 8 hours. I also liked that all of my coworkers were young.

Cons

The cons were that the company was not stable. When the company was struggling the employees felt it. Things could have been a little more organized.

Advice to Management

Advise to management would be to properly train the employees.

7. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer

I have been working at Prospect Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid licensing, great support system, competitive bonus program, no cold calling sales leads, solid base salary.

Cons

Plan to work 50 hours every week, is this is a full time salaried position. HR can be somewhat disorganized, so you have to be proactive with anything that you need

Advice to Management

Management is very supportive of staff, but HR definitely needs work specially with the new hire and Licensing process

"Great Job. Great Culture"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Prospect Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company atmosphere. Everyone in the office is very approachable and works as a team to ensure each other's success. The pay is highly reflected on the time that you put into the work. The harder you work, the more you can make.

Cons

This is still a smaller company and sometimes rules a regulations are changed on a whim. They don't always make the most sense at the time, but eventually the good rules stay and the others phase out.

Advice to Management

Don't grow faster than the infrastructure can handle. Slow and steady to get everyone on the same page and no one gets left behind.

9. "When you are excited to go to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pacific Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pacific Beach, CA

I have been working at Prospect Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy the open work space they have at Prospect. It is great for being collaborative and sharing ideas. Everyone at the company gets along inside and outside of work which is great. The president really cares about his employee's and shows his appreciation with positive vibes. Also LOVE the pet friendly work environment, it really makes things fun!

Cons

It's hard to really choose a con of working here. We opened up another office down the street, so the only thing I'd say would be the fact that we can't see all our co-workers every single day, and collaborate.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the positive attitudes, and give all employees the chance to earn bonuses.

"Good - Could be great with minor changes"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Prospect Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really like working here. My co-workers are awesome, I love the team environment, and the company has a great vision and great core values. I see myself in the mortgage business for quite some time.

Cons

The company tries to have a "google type" atmosphere yet the work life balance is limited and the dress code is pretty strict considering we NEVER meet our clients and work at the beach in PB. Reduced hours and a more typical "startup" or "beach" dress code would make this place amazing. It seems like they are always hiring because many new hires come here to get experience but then bolt to another mortgage company for more freedom. They miss out on retaining top talent.

Advice to Management

A "casual" beach dress code would be nice given the location and summer temperatures. Many other "modern" companies allow shorts and flip flops. Especially those in PB. Additionally, giving us a bit more flexibility on the hours would be phenomenal. A 40-45 hour work week could be just as productive with weekends being optional if you are hitting your numbers. Demand productivity, not hours.