Prospect Financial Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jason Vondrak

"Great Job. Great Culture"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Prospect Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company atmosphere. Everyone in the office is very approachable and works as a team to ensure each other's success. The pay is highly reflected on the time that you put into the work. The harder you work, the more you can make.

Cons

This is still a smaller company and sometimes rules a regulations are changed on a whim. They don't always make the most sense at the time, but eventually the good rules stay and the others phase out.

Advice to Management

Don't grow faster than the infrastructure can handle. Slow and steady to get everyone on the same page and no one gets left behind.

"loan officer"

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Pacific Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Pacific Beach, CA

I worked at Prospect Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

most everyone is young and fun

Cons

the management takes advantage of their employees.
    so much work and everyone is incredibility underpaid.
    the leadership from management is non-existent
    there is zero training!!! and they promised intensive training in the interview.
    do not work here!

Advice to Management

stop wasting money on things the company doesn't need. just paid your employees a decent wage.

"Loan Processor"

Former Employee - Loan Processor in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Loan Processor in San Diego, CA

I worked at Prospect Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pros were that the office is close to the beach. Also the office environment was relaxed and we could come in whenever we wanted we just had to work 8 hours. I also liked that all of my coworkers were young.

Cons

The cons were that the company was not stable. When the company was struggling the employees felt it. Things could have been a little more organized.

Advice to Management

Advise to management would be to properly train the employees.

5. "When you are excited to go to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pacific Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pacific Beach, CA

I have been working at Prospect Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy the open work space they have at Prospect. It is great for being collaborative and sharing ideas. Everyone at the company gets along inside and outside of work which is great. The president really cares about his employee's and shows his appreciation with positive vibes. Also LOVE the pet friendly work environment, it really makes things fun!

Cons

It's hard to really choose a con of working here. We opened up another office down the street, so the only thing I'd say would be the fact that we can't see all our co-workers every single day, and collaborate.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the positive attitudes, and give all employees the chance to earn bonuses.

"Good - Could be great with minor changes"

I have been working at Prospect Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really like working here. My co-workers are awesome, I love the team environment, and the company has a great vision and great core values. I see myself in the mortgage business for quite some time.

Cons

The company tries to have a "google type" atmosphere yet the work life balance is limited and the dress code is pretty strict considering we NEVER meet our clients and work at the beach in PB. Reduced hours and a more typical "startup" or "beach" dress code would make this place amazing. It seems like they are always hiring because many new hires come here to get experience but then bolt to another mortgage company for more freedom. They miss out on retaining top talent.

Advice to Management

A "casual" beach dress code would be nice given the location and summer temperatures. Many other "modern" companies allow shorts and flip flops. Especially those in PB. Additionally, giving us a bit more flexibility on the hours would be phenomenal. A 40-45 hour work week could be just as productive with weekends being optional if you are hitting your numbers. Demand productivity, not hours.

"Love this company. Best job ever!!"

Current Employee - Front Office Coordinator in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Front Office Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Prospect Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, relaxed office setting, amazing co-workers, awesome company events and team bonding, great office location, company core values are really strong

Cons

Working in the front office, my responsibilities vary day-by-day so you must be able to stay focused and organized. Not saying this is a con by any means, but certainly a notice of caution. If you lack organization skills, the ability to multi-task or collapse under pressure then you might find this position challenging.

Advice to Management

Management is great, each of the supervisors have their own unique qualities and strengths. My advice to management would really only be to continue leading the office how you are.

8. ""The definition of a team.""

I have been working at Prospect Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work with some of the smartest, most genuine people ever at Prospect Financial Group. People care, and it shows. Prospect Financial Group is the most fulfilling place I've ever worked at and somewhere I enjoy being every day, regardless of the challenges. We are led by an amazing group of managers who roll up their sleeves, work hard, and show compassion towards their employees.

I have been working with Prospect for almost 2 years now. Shortly after I started, Prospect became my second home. Everyone is friends and hangs out after work. We celebrate our wins (and handle the failures) together - you will never be alone here. The entire Prospect team is passionate, proactive, they always do the right thing and they always have a positive attitude. They strive to do their best every day, they encourage each other and they do whatever it takes to get the job done, we are a team and that is what I love about Prospect.

Cons

Coming into this, I had no experience in the mortgage industry what so ever. This job can be very demanding at times but that is what keeps me going, it helps me stay motivated. It isn’t really a con per say but this job requires a lot of multi-tasking. Multi-tasking and other challenges are what make this job fast-paced and always keep things interesting.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!

9. "New chapter, new challenges"

I have been working at Prospect Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with Prospect Financial for over two years now and have enjoyed this new chapter in my life and being able to grow my career. With all the positive energy within the company, it has really motivated me to step it up.

With that said, I have to say one of the best parts of working for Prospect are my colleagues. They are some of the hardest-working, positive, genuine, and passionate people I know!

Prospect is also a big supporter of promoting from within so there are many options for professional growth.
    Monthly company sponsored events, like baseball games at Petco Park (Go Padres!), so we can hang out and get to know our co-workers a little better.
    They are big about helping out the community and donate to various charities monthly.
    They are a pet-friendly and have a puppy station outside the office offering water, treats, and disposable waste bags.

Cons

Being with a small business that is rapidly growing, comes challenging transitions. Part of the growing pains are finding where to put everyone! New rules and regulations will take time to adjust to as well. Not really much of a con but, oh well.

Advice to Management

Management has done a great job so far rallying the team together to achieve new goals. As long as they stay true to the company culture and transparent with their employees as it continues to expand and grow there is no limit to the success Prospect can achieve.

10. "Fun & Rewarding Company to Work For!"

I have been working at Prospect Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working for Prospect Financial Group, Inc. for nearly a year and it has been a very rewarding work experience. This would easily be the best job I have had. It's a great work environment and management is very approachable. There are great benefits and incentives that come along with the job as well!

Cons

In the mortgage industry you have to be able to adapt to changes quickly, which can be stressful at times. However, these changes are always the best for the company overall.

11. "A Great Company to Work For!!"

Current Employee - Loan Processor in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Loan Processor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Prospect Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working for Prospect because it offers an excellent work environment. Its fun and friendly, but still very business oriented. I appreciate the management's understanding of a work life balance! This is something that has always been really important to me.

The management team is always available which allows any questions or concerns to be addressed efficiently and in a timely manner. They offer ongoing training to provide the opportunity to remain experts in a business that is constantly changing. Along with this they also offer an exciting bonus compensation!

Cons

As the company is growing and expanding there are a lot of changes being made throughout the transition process. It can sometimes be difficult to easily adapt to these changes in such a fast paced environment.

Advice to Management

You have created something great and I thank you for that! Keep doing what you're doing!