Prosperity Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 2, 2016

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
David Zalman

Pros
  • Once had home town feel but now losing that touch (in 3 reviews)

• The co-workers are very kind, & easy to work with (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Our banking center was actually not provided with facial tissues for a while and we were told we could use toilet paper (in 4 reviews)

• threatened by anyone pursuing their degree while in a part time position (in 4 reviews)

1. "Teller While in School"

Former Employee - Teller in Lubbock, TX
    Former Employee - Teller in Lubbock, TX

I worked at Prosperity Bank part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy interview and application process. Easy in.

Cons

Horrible management- cliquy and under qualified. threatened by anyone pursuing their degree while in a part time position. Hostile Work Environment.

Advice to Management

Only promote those to management that deserve it. Branches outside of Houston are severely under managed.

"Choose Another Bank"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at Prosperity Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They are a top performing Forbes bank so that can reflect well on your resume.

Cons

They don't invest in their employees. Communication is terrible throughout the entire bank. There is no cohesion or shared teamwork anywhere. You are not even given a cost of living raise annually so be comfortable with your starting salary.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees. (Salary, benefits, perks, etc.) Create better communication. Allow local branches to connect with their communities without penny pinching their ability to do so.

3. "Banker"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

There are a lot of really nice people that you will encounter at Prosperity Bank.

Cons

The health insurance is high and is not a good plan ($3,000 deductible, 70%, over $600 for employee + spouse). Men are promoted 10x faster than women and hold the large majority of upper management positions bankwide. Women are running this bank, but not being compensated. When they take over new banks that pay their employees a high rate of pay, they never raise their long time employees to anywhere near the same rate of pay. It doesn't matter how many years you've been working at the bank (15+), if they buy a bank that has an employee in a position similar to yours with 2 years of experience, chances are they will be making way more than you! They have the worst incentive plan of any bank or retail environment around! Shame on PB. They have high expectations for their loyal employees who have helped to get them to where they are, but do not reward them accordingly (or at all) anymore! No more Christmas parties, no incentive for employees who truly stand out above the rest. The employees have to pay $60 a year to be part of an employee club just so they can have a get together! While the employees work their rears off and actually making less and less money every year due to the rise in insurance costs and lack of incentive....the CEO, David Zalman paid himself over $3.1 million in salary, stock and bonuses last year!! Despicable!

Advice to Management

You should really think about the little people in your company that have gotten you to where you are today. Those who have been loyal to the company and continue to work hard for this company deserve to make more than those that you have just acquired. The incentive plan is horrific and I do believe the dashboard proves that. The low numbers are due to more than the economy. If people have no incentive and will make the same as long as they are doing their jobs that they were hired to do, why should they go above and beyond to sell, sell, sell? No one feels appreciated or valued anymore in this company and it is going in the wrong direction. You need to promote women accordingly. The women are running the banking centers, not the presidents. Making loans and actually being able to run and manage a branch are not the same thing! Just because a man can make loans does not make him a manager in any way! The men make the money and the women run the show!
    Back to the incentive program....take a look at the numbers and how they have dropped since this incentive program was put into place by Scott Voland. You can continue to gouge customers and raise prices or pay employees a decent incentive based on attainable goals and watch your numbers rise!

"teller"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Prosperity Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

there no pros only cons

Cons

They don't take care of their employees. whatever good you do, not enough. they don't appreciate their employees. benefits are expensive and pay is very low. i have never seen or heard banks paying soo low. Don't work you will regret working there. they treat their employees bad.

"CSR"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

Pros

Dental and health insurance. Job is not as it seems. If you go to the right banking center, you may get desired banking hours. Other wise you're basically a teller. Don't apply for job if looking to get off the teller line.

Cons

Poor training, you will have to just learn as you go. Banking center managers are not "manager". They are lenders who are given the manager title and don't care about employees at all.

Advice to Management

Care about employees more and stop hiring "lenders" as your managers!

7. "President"

Former Employee - President in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - President in Houston, TX

I worked at Prosperity Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people to work WITH

Cons

Terrible people to work FOR.. Sales goals after they have run off over 5 presidents in the last 2 years. WOW

Advice to Management

Just hire people and let them do their job. STOP PUSHING

"More cons than pros"

Former Employee - Teller in Cleveland, TX
    Former Employee - Teller in Cleveland, TX

I worked at Prosperity Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learned banking experience and customers were great most of the time.

Cons

Management is not top-notch and it's run like a high school clique. Uneven work loads and hypocritical atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Have better managers that actually do their job of managing.

"Worst bank to work for! Doesn"

Pros

There are none! at least it's a job...

Cons

management is horrible! They give management too much power & they don't know what they are doing. Insurance is horrible!

"Try another bank"

Former Employee - Bank Teller
    Former Employee - Bank Teller

I worked at Prosperity Bank part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really liked the people I worked with, they made the day go by faster.

Cons

Everything from pay to management. The management is very two-faced and promotions are given off of favoritism basis. I worked with Prosperity for almost three years and found myself training new employees with no banking experience with a starting off pay of $2-5+ more than I was making an hour. The yearly reviews given were degrading and all the hard work and compliments you put in and received meant nothing. For example, my review consisted of, "You are doing a great job and are very knowledgable of reports and procedures, there is not much more you can do except learn how to order checks" followed by a "I'm sorry I just cant give any raises, it's not in the budget". There is never going to be "money in the budget", this is a very stingy company who does not value its employees. It's all who you know at Prosperity Bank, you will not get anywhere in the company otherwise. Prosperity Bank... not just a bank, a living hell for its "real bankers" they do not appreciate!

Advice to Management

Focus more on your employees and try working together as a team. Prosperity was one of the poorest ranking companies in teamwork and office culture in my opinion. My lobby manager and president were very rude, arrogant, and lazy often delegating tasks off to tellers on the line every chance they had. This company most importantly needs a system to report unfair practices and complaints. I found that everyone in my region was buddy-buddy with the people at the source of the problem.

11. "Expected to do more work, for the same base rate."

Current Employee - Teller in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Teller in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Prosperity Bank part-time (More than a year)

Pros

My branch was slow in transactions, other than that the whole experience was frustrating.

Cons

Pay, Expectations, Management, Stress, meaningless procedures.