Prosum Reviews in Irvine, CA | Glassdoor

Irvine, CA

5.0
Ravi Chatwani

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There's a team, and they are willing to help (in 3 reviews)

• The work life balance here is phenomenal (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Many recruiters received a pay raise this year and were told to keep it a secret (in 3 reviews)

• HR has high turnover and is absolutely incompetent (in 2 reviews)

"Great Culture, Great Clients, and Great Experience"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Irvine, CA

Pros

Prosum lives and breathes by their Core Values. Many companies advertise their core values and preach it when you walk in the doors, but Prosum actually lives it. I've never worked for a company that gives back to the community selflessly the way Prosum does. Management is plugged into their teams and leadership is also very willing to help their employees. HR is fun and always works hard to keep the culture vibrant and alive.

Cons

Maybe an Office Assistant at both California offices? Not a big con but just figured I had to throw something in here so... There's that.

Advice to Management

Continue riding this wave and pour into your leaders as they continue to encourage and grow their teams. We are growing, and it's great to see a company where we all back eachother. Here's to 2017!

Prosum Response

Dec 30, 2016 – Marketing

Thanks for the review! Glad you enjoy working at Prosum, where as you mentioned we live our core values.

"Great recruiting team"

Former Employee - Tech Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Tech Candidate in Irvine, CA

I worked at Prosum full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked with Eric and Virgil for a role and they were able to get me the interview and prepare me very well. They helped me do some research on companies that were interested in me and were integral in getting me in front of the right people. They were great at selling my qualifications and getting me a good deal. They do it the right way in emphasizing a high level of communication with their clients and candidates.

Cons

None I can think of. They were very strong. They didn't make promises they couldn't keep which is unusual in recruiting.

Advice to Management

None

"Great people and a very strong Operation Team at Prosum."

Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Irvine, CA

Pros

* I have been around the block a couple of times and worked for all different size companies and commission structures.
    * Operation team support is top notch. Starting from a very understanding Director of Operation to Operation Manager and Recruiting Manager. The support and training that are provided is invaluable.
    * The Director of Operation will go to bat for her recruiting team. She takes it personal to see her team become successful. She "gets it" ...... she came from recruiting.
    * If you are a high octane producer, than this environment is a great place. The commission structure is extremely competitive comparing to the other company. They work hard and play hard here.
    * The recruiting team is one of the best talented group that I have worked with. They are on a draw commission which make them more hungry than most recruiters or in house recruiters that I have worked with. If you can make it in this environment then you can make it in any other environments easy.
    * If you are starting out in the the I.T. Staffing industry, then the training at Prosum is hands down the best. The Operation team provides all the tools and materials to you that you would need to start in this business. Since I started, Prosum has implemented a longer grace period for the new recruiters to ramp up. This makes it easier for newbies. The training is step by step and the Operation Team is there every step of the way until you are ready to spread your wings.
    * I have seen some newbies spread their wings early and became successful thru their hard work.
    * The support team (administration team, sourcing team, and recruiting coordinators) are incredible. They are there to support you on the back-end to make sure you are free to focus on the production side. They make the recruiting team look good.
    * Compensation is standard, the same as everywhere else. They have a lot of small perks and company functions.
    * There is growth here; slow growth but I have seen several people move up into a management role or senior roles here. The growth is slow.

Cons

* Not a lot of Cons comments; most are already addressed here, The Draw; depending on how you look at it. If you are a go-getter and high octane person than the draw structure makes sense. Big reward for your production.
    *But provide a structure that makes sense for the hard workers who are not that 2-3 octane person; the bulk of the company is make of hard workers too. Every company has their one or two top performers which is normal but they do not represent the bulk of what makes a company. Without the bulk hard workers, top performers would be limited.

Advice to Management

* You have a great recruiting team and they are one of the market's best talented recruiters. Think out-side the box to help to retain/motivate them either thru a change in compensation structure, faster promotion growth, or even grow faster as a company which will open up more opportunities for the people here. The growth is too conservative. Open offices in San Diego or Silicon Valley, out the state, etc ....... Just a thought from an "Apple" to an Orange.