Protect America Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scott Fleming

Pros
  • We have food trucks every day it seems like, we have a break room with games and such (in 9 reviews)

• There are food trucks that show up every week so you have stuff to eat without leaving (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Base Pay is not great, but the great thing here is that you can bonus and commission on so much (in 5 reviews)

• The call center departments experience long hold times exceeding 30 minutes (in 5 reviews)

1. "Opportunities, opportunities, opportunities!"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Protect America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The biggest pro working for Protect America is the opportunities for advancement and development. From the top down, these leaders are dedicated to developing their people for greater results, that passion and drive is what leaves the door open for career growth and advancement.

Cons

None that I can think of.

2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Training & Development Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Training & Development Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Protect America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

've been working at Protect America for 17 months now and I felt welcomed from day one. It's a great atmosphere to work in and the leadership is very supportive. If your desire is to make Protect America a career, then the growth opportunities are endless. Not only would I recommend a Protect America Security system to family members and friends, I would recommend Protect America to anyone. Just a few weeks ago I went out to eat dinner and I was so impressed with the level of customer service he gave, that I gave him a business card and asked him to get in touch with me when he was ready for a career change. That young man started working with Protect America today in Wave 93. I'm not obligated to do so, but I'm always looking for good talent to invite to join our Protect America family. I've never worked with a company that has gone above and beyond to take care of its own the way this company does.

"Life doesn't get better by chance, life gets better by change" - Take that leap of faith and join our family today!

"EVERY CUSTOMER, EVERY TIME"

Cons

Need to lengthen the lunch time

3. "Great Opportunity"

Former Employee - Sales Team Member/Leader in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Team Member/Leader in Austin, TX

I worked at Protect America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Opportunity for first time sales team members.
    You will make between 50-65K
    Sales Director is a top 5 talent
    Managers care, Sales team is excellent and creates a great environment

Cons

DO NOT make any attempt to gain management/leadership experience here. You will work twice the hours for half the income.

4. "Great leads only if you're a veteran"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Cedar Park, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Cedar Park, TX

I worked at Protect America full-time

Pros

My coworkers when I was there. I wish I could say more here, but that is the only thing that I enjoyed about being there. Everything else was horrible.

Cons

There are no words for the quality of leads that you have to try to convert to a sale. I don't know where these come from, but never in my many years of sales have I had to work with leads like the ones I was provided. You're a veteran doing 7 to 10 sales a day because of the type of leads you get. Then when you are New you're expected to turn horrible leads that just don't even stand a chance into something and then pretty much told you're a loser if you're not doing that. The whole place is the most bizarre place I've ever worked for in my life. Horrible experience. The turnover rate is in sane. The CEO is a complete jerk. And to top it off, you were doing a miserable job all day by talking to deadbeats on the phone that yell at you or cussing you, hang up on you, and you have to ask to go to the bathroom and asked to go to lunch as if you are a child. And then on top of all of that you only get 30 minutes for lunch. You seriously need to get away from that phone for more than 30 minutes to be able to regroup and get back to doing that miserable job Just like everyone else on here said, all those great positive ratings are lies.

Advice to Management

Everyone on the sales floor except the veterans are practically starving. Don't make false promises to new people coming in and waste their time. These are people that have jobs and kids And need to pay their bills as well. Please get some decent leads for people other than just the veterans.

5. "Poor, unrealistic promise when starting"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Protect America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People, there is no other benefit. The management is poor the company policies don't exist. You ask for more words but I have no pros

Cons

Pay, structure of bonuses, management. It's there buddy buddy system here, it's like you are working for peanuts and are continued to be pressured to produce more with poor leads

Advice to Management

Wow where to start. Management needs to put people first. They say it's part of the culture to let people grow but it seems like they are just worried about the bottom dollar. The CEO is disconnected from his people and the environment, it's all about money. People come and go, there is an endless cycle of new employees that are promised BIG money. Yeah right, be weary of the recruiting game and the false promises

6. "Installation Technician"

Current Employee - Alarm Installation Technician in Hutto, TX
    Current Employee - Alarm Installation Technician in Hutto, TX

I have been working at Protect America (More than 5 years)

Pros

Compensation is not bad in comparison to some comparable jobs

Cons

Work load is becoming too much and not all departments are held accountable, and blame is placed on whoever

Advice to Management

Treat employees better

7. "Best Company To Work For"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Fun and family oriented. Best place I've ever worked for!!

Cons

Crazy customers but other than that it is worth it!

"Don't believe the 5 star ratings. They ask employees to post fake reviews."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Protect America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people you work with. Doesn't stay open late. After 90 days you get vacation time.

Cons

The managers. Always changing the rules. Makes it harder for you to earn extra. Little incentives.

Advice to Management

Stop posting fake reviews. Most positions are in constant turnover. Managers make it harder than it should be. Favoritism keeps the few happy.

"Inside sales"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Protect America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, culture, culture! Absolutely amazing environment. Managers are down to earth and caring, co-workers are amazing. The CEO is a great guy with a great vision for the company. The place is just like a big family. Cool arcade room. Flexible schedule. Lots of money to be earned for producers.

Cons

Since I have to write something negative I guess the Parking can be a hassle sometimes, not too many spots available, and no days off during major holidays like 4th of July and Memorial Day.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Very proud to have been part of the company! I wouldn't change anything! Every customer, every time...

10. "General Care"

Current Employee - General Care in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - General Care in Austin, TX

I have been working at Protect America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the environment, this company is seriously the best, tons of room to move up in the company.

Cons

Once you pick a shift you'd better love it, because you're staying there.