Protection 1 Customer Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Protection 1 CEO Tim Whall
Tim Whall

Pros
  • Ypu can trust that customers are getting a good product and will have a great customer service experience (in 12 reviews)

• Good people that do their best to serve the customer and meet company standards (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management loses touch of mid management at times (in 9 reviews)

• For most business students door to door sales may not be the best but there are lessons in it as well (in 5 reviews)

1. "Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Irving, TX

I worked at Protection 1 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for Lots of overtime

Cons

Supervisors don't speak up for good employees and it's a company where every man is for themselves

Advice to Management

Not allowing floor walkers to talk to other workers as if their the supervisor Supervisors do your owe talking

2. "WORST PLACE I EVER WORKED--DO NOT RECOMMEND"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wichita, KS

Pros

None at all--this is the worst place to work--it is hell.

Cons

I would give this place minus stars if possible. Management playing favorites with employees, nasty, mean, ugly customers who do nothing but gripe because you are only a low life peon on the phone to them and they can treat you as badly as they want and cuss you out and you have to just take it, having to bribe employees to show up for work with "prizes" and "dinners" both of which are a joke, trying to say how you can move in in the company but it never happens as they lie all the time just to keep you working there are turnover is so high, if you try to fix a customers bill they never tell the customer it was fixed or don't even fix it at all, I would not recommend them to even be a customer of theirs as they will keep billing you after you cancel, they have a sign out in front begging for applicants but their horrible reputation is why nobody wants to work there, I hated to go to work every day and could not get out of there fast enough.

Advice to Management

Quit. Any ADT employees who are getting merged with this mess--leave now and save yourselves.

"Customer Service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wichita, KS

Pros

Eventful, fast paced, good work hours.

Cons

Poor management, unrealistic expectations, crowded, all they care about are their numbers.

Advice to Management

Be personable and mean it, we can tell when it's fake.

"It"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Irving, TX

I worked at Protection 1 (Less than a year)

Pros

The line level employees you work with are the best you can make long life friends

Cons

micro management, No chance in Heaven to move to an upper roll unless your lip are as big as James brown from Kissing the manager's rear ends. If you disagree with the manager you are in the crap hole.
    I hated every second working there, but as a single mom I had to choice.

Advice to Management

stop running the company like an army boot camp. listen to your employees and pay them what they deserve vs pocketing all the profits

"Lies to get you in the door, rampant cronyism"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wichita, KS

I worked at Protection 1 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None I can think of. Such a terrible experience that it pushed me to go back to school to finish teaching degree. Realized in that place hard work means nothing,

Cons

Took a pay cut to come to the company, promised with my experience as long as stats were good I would move up in 90 days. 6 months perfect stats and doing extra work I asked over and over about moving up, told no positions available and then hear two people were moving up, one was best friends with hiring manager, other one had a wife in office of CEO, both had less education, experience, and quality of work than mine.

Advice to Management

Promote based on objective factors, not who knows who. Don't lie to employees. Were you just mad that I was smarter than you? Seriously, my IQ is genius level, hard to work for idiot managers, was my intelligence threatening to you?

"Upper management"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Protection 1 full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, decent work schedule

Cons

Bad atmosphere, upper management, a lot of unhappy employees. Let a lot of long time employees go. Company will be for sale soon so a lot of deals they are taking are just for the books. Horrible place to work, everyday is depressing listening to customers yelling at how horrible the service is now and they want to cancel

Advice to Management

stop writing fake reviews saying how great this place is. Out of all employees I work with not one can say anything good

"You cannot trust P1 to even let their rank alone. Their marketing dept cheats social media"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Protection 1 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy to figure out company strategy, there is none. They wll continue to pay the BBB for an A rating(Al Queda also has A rating from the BBB)

Cons

You can't trust them to do the right thing, new owners are ready to sell and will do anything to make their numbers look good. They have been "spamming" this website with bogus 5 star reviews created by their marketing dept. Look for yourselves, you will see 5 reviews in a row with 5 stars and no cons listed. Either they pay people to boost their rating or the company turned itself around overnight from the 1.8 stars they previously had.

Advice to Management

How bout you actually try to make things better. Don't make me write another bad review of you.

"It was not a place where I enjoy going to work daily."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wichita, KS

I worked at Protection 1 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Career advancement, floor supervisor are usually great.

Cons

Political environment and tons of gossip within the employees.

"Paintjob to an out house"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Protection 1 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

National Company.Great industry to be part of. Like most companies has good people.

Cons

Terrible work environment under CEO . Pay is down across the board. Morale has been low since new owners in 2011. Service will struggle with cutbacks and lack of training on products.
     Competition is eating them up and they are clueless to stop it. P1 lost customers under new CEO for 2 years , could have been increased with right management.They have simply done everything they can to cut costs.
    They also have a mandatory sales quota for service workers that should scare customers that need a service call(the guy has to try and sell you something instead of fixing problem)

Advice to Management

Sell it low and get out before the whole thing falls apart. We all know you are flipping this like a bank repo house in a bad neighborhood.

11. "It's a paycheck, but keep looking for a new job"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wichita, KS

I worked at Protection 1 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a paycheck with average benefits. You can advance if you learn fast and have no absenses the first 6 months. But you have to drink to cool aid.

Cons

You can only get a job here if you know someone on the inside. In customer service training they only tell you about 20% of the job. After 4 months, suddenly 50% of your job is collections. Some branches are run by criminals and shysters and customer service reps have to try to calm angry customers down.
    They have a point system for absences. You get a point even if you have a doctors note. Those points use to come off after 6 months, it was changed to 12 months right when I left.
    Great customer service reps are fired daily for having 9 to 12 points on their records. Company could care less about their employees or customers. Profit is #1. The customers are locked into a 2 to 7 year contract.
    The pay was okay when I was there but new owner has decreased starting wages up to $2 an hour. I would never work there again. And I wll never, ever have an alarm system. What a waste of money and a giant pain.
    If you are desparate, it is a temp job to pay the bills while you look for something else.

Advice to Management

Pay your people well, treat them like humans who have families and sometimes other priorities and then your customers will be happy too.