Protection 1 "p1" Reviews | Glassdoor

Protection 1 Employee Reviews about "p1"

Updated Apr 26, 2019

Protection 1 CEO Tim Whall
Tim Whall
Pros
  • "Most reps in customer service kansas are pretty nice people(in 13 reviews)

• "My direct manager, time off, employee alarm benefits(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management loses touch of mid management at times(in 9 reviews)

• "P1 name was then changed and the family atmosphere was drastically changed(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "p1"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "I would have retired with this company..."

Former Employee - Service Coordinator

I worked at Protection 1 full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people! From upper management, technicians to office personnel they have nothing but the best. The company always made me feel like family.

Cons

Things quickly changed when a large security firm was purchased. P1 name was then changed and the family atmosphere was drastically changed.

Protection 12019-04-26
  2. "Not a Good Place to Work"

I have been working at Protection 1

Pros

I was easily able to negotiate a competitive salary. The P1 Portal smartphone app makes running service calls easy.

Cons

No good way to get documentation in the field. Documentation for P1 proprietary equipment is non-existant. Managers will promise anything to hire you, but don't seem to deliver.

Advice to Management

Hold hiring managers (branch general managers) accountable to the promises they make to new hires.

Protection 12016-09-24
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Protection 1 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Can hide easily and do nothing.

Cons

Need to bring back ASG managers. P1 Corp managers all show and know nothing about sales people. New manager is a flake.

Advice to Management

See above

Protection 12016-07-11
  5. "Best in Class!"

I have been working at Protection 1 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Customer Service is BIG focus. Company strives to hire most talented leaders. CEO has the right vision and taking company in great direction. Technology is top notch. P1 is striving to becoming one of the best places to work. Compared to competition P1 shines as BEST IN CLASS!

Cons

It truly is hard to find true Cons. Anything I can think of that is a weak area is in the process of revision and strengthening. If I had to name one thing that could improve it's their LMS system and branch level training program. It is all PC based and the testing doesn't allow for real learning.

Advice to Management

Invest in quality training for the branches with actual people, not just a online module. Online modules should only compliment the quality training program in place.

Protection 12015-03-07
  6. "It really is 1 big family"

I have been working at Protection 1 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture at Protection 1 is beyond amazing. There are always health initiatives, community efforts and prizes that you can earn/win. Every year P1 hosts a President’s Circle Annual Trip as a thank you employees who exceed expectations and deliver results. All employees in the company are eligible to win. What a great incentive! The Management is also great to work with/for. They are down to earn, know the... industry inside out and allow you to be creative with how you can help the company grow.

Cons

In the past 3 years, i don't have any cons for working at Protection 1

Protection 12014-11-05
  7. "Highest industry Payscales, to sit on your butt"

Former Employee - Installation Technician in Orem, UT

I worked at Protection 1 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Oh, I'm supposed to have something to put here?

Cons

Working for P1 is like feeding a stray cat. Except you're the stray cat. You'll be told all kinds of promises that will give most people just enough hope to keep coming back. The reality is there are only two ways to succeed. Option A) Uproot and relocate across country long term for an average management position. Option B) You know someone and are part of the boy's club. The thing you'll hear most often are... "highest industry Payscales" that's great until you realize you're only getting half as much work and driving twice as far. Working hard WILL improve your situation, a LITTLE, but not as much as being best buddies with the directors. Likely, the plans for you are something like, if you bust your balls maybe in a handful of years you'll move up. Also plan on lying to your recruits because they'll make about as much as working fast food... With much greater sacrifice. I've never seen so many people quit a job in my life.

Advice to Management

Same advice we keep giving to the current administration, "MORE TRANSPARENCY!" Also, play by your rules. Don't preach anti-favoritism then deliver nothing but nepotism. Grow a pair, don't let sales representatives do whatever they want, just to protect your job, at the cost of technicians.

Protection 12014-12-06
  8. "terrible operation"

I have been working at Protection 1 full-time

Pros

none. since coming to P1 I've had very little training, they force gm's to attempt to reach ridiculous standards with a bare bones operation.

Cons

lack of training, poor processes, poor culture, overall not a place I would recommend working for. the disconnect between operations and sales is ridiculous.

Advice to Management

its very clear this operation is being run on a budget designed to maximize profits to ultimately raise the price on the sale of the company. invest more time and resources into training your people and you'll have a higher quality operation.

Protection 12014-08-28
  9. "Help to rearrange the deck chairs on this sinking ship."

Current Employee - Installation and Service

I have been working at Protection 1 full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

its a paycheck until you find work with a worthwhile company. Operationally has gotten much worse in the last 3 years. Company has no real direction -Iis it Protection One, ProtectionOne, Protection1, Protection D??? Nobody really knows. Is it based in Romeoville, Wichita, Lawerence??? Who knows.

Cons

Questionable sales and installation tactics. Management pits employees against each other in the name of 'fun' competition. Bogus 'P1 family" and 'teamwork' propaganda. Has resorted to installing marginal systems with little training or direction on installation.

Advice to Management

Get your resumes and job contacts updated.

Protection 12014-07-25

"Awful workplace, worst management I've experienced!"

Current Employee - Sales in Orem, UT

I have been working at Protection 1 full-time for more than a year

Pros

None. I've tried to be a sport about the switch from Pinnacle to P1 but it's been nothing but bad decisions, over promising and under delivering. I'm only still here while I search for something worth my time. This place will never be. Most employees around me and in my department agree.

Cons

Poor workplace, management is terrible, company direction is dismal, and pay is pathetic. They claim awesomeness but fail at every turn. They ruined what was once good at Pinnacle Security in the same building a year ago.

Advice to Management

If your customers and employees are unhappy, you are wrong. Underpaying and under-delivering will sink your ship.

Protection 12014-03-06

"Not the same company it once was"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Protection 1 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

National company, some really good people who have been around for years.

Cons

The company followed the pack and hired a bunch of college kids to knock on peoples doors and pressure them into buying alarm systems. The old P1 would never be in this business and long time "adult" sales people can't be happy with this direction.

Advice to Management

Why are you still there - isn't it time to sell to ADT already?????

Protection 12013-09-09