Protection 1 "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Protection 1 Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Apr 26, 2019

Protection 1 CEO Tim Whall
Tim Whall
Pros
  • "Most reps in customer service kansas are pretty nice people(in 13 reviews)

• "My direct manager, time off, employee alarm benefits(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management loses touch of mid management at times(in 9 reviews)

• "P1 name was then changed and the family atmosphere was drastically changed(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "I would have retired with this company..."

Former Employee - Service Coordinator

I worked at Protection 1 full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people! From upper management, technicians to office personnel they have nothing but the best. The company always made me feel like family.

Cons

Things quickly changed when a large security firm was purchased. P1 name was then changed and the family atmosphere was drastically changed.

Protection 12019-04-26
  2. "General Manager"

General Manager in Visalia, CA

I worked at Protection 1

Pros

Possibility of advancement is available.

Cons

Upper management loses touch of mid management at times

Protection 12016-07-11

"Service tech"

Current Employee - Installation Technician in Manassas, VA

I have been working at Protection 1 full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Ok benefits and pay. Upper management was good.

Cons

Everything...work 60-70 a week. Big business principles. Poor low to mid level management.

Advice to Management

Employees have families and lives outside of work. Just because your ok leaving work at 9:00 pm everyday doesn't mean we all are.

Protection 12015-10-26

"Don't do it-Please read this review-Isn't worth it."

I worked at Protection 1

Pros

At first, there seemed to be many. Health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, paid training, opportunity to advance & incentives to make more money.

Cons

Heavy turn around in staff and management. When I was there over 60 reps and supervisors left out of 85/90 in a one year span. Mandatory overtime, forcing you to work a 16 hour shift, go home and sleep and have to be in for your 8 hour shift 8 hours later. Mandate list which was constantly being enforced, no way to manipulate it like they say you can in the interviews. They couldn't hire & train people in the rate... they were leaving. Favouritism. You can get away with murder as long as the right supervisors like you. Nepotism. People dating and sleeping around with upper management of course get treated differently. You get sucked into the fact that you can make good money there, you just have to kill yourself to do it. They will allow you to work an additional 24 hours in a work week. You burn yourself out and have no life. If you call out, refuse mandate, leave early-you will get attendance points and be punished by being put back on the mandate list. So after being sick you have to worry about being forced to work a 16 hour day the day you come back. When I started I saw so many people come and go, and I couldn't figure out why-within 3 months I hated that place. The job itself was tolerable, you were dealing with idiots all day that couldn't remember their password. But the way the place was run was HORRIFIC. I left there with the money I saved after 13 months and no other back-up job. I was so unhappy being there that I would rather quit and live off my savings for a few months until I could find another job than stay there. That has got to tell you something about that company.

Advice to Management

It doesn't matter what I write here. Management won't change. Senior representatives are coming and going just as fast as monitoring representatives. Management has it simple there, they just have to keep the place a float until the next wave comes thru. They don't care about staff, they care about themselves and keeping their jobs.

Protection 12014-10-01
  5. "COULDN'T GET OUT FAST ENOUGH. I HAVE NEVER HAD A WORSE JOB THAN THIS."

Former Employee - Customer Service in Wichita, KS

I worked at Protection 1 full-time for less than a year

Pros

None except for getting a meager paycheck.

Cons

Took the job to have something on my resume besides unemployment after a layoff. MASSIVE TURNOVER. Upper management talks about how great they are but the whole company sucks. THE COMPANY IS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY--FOR THEM---NOT YOU. Morale is bad. Raises are non-existant. Customers are horrible and verbally abusive to the employees. Company keeps patting itself on the back telling themselves and you how great... they are, which they are NOT. I ended up on anti-depressants to get through the rest of my time there and got out as soon as I could. All the managers stand around and talk all day to each other so there is no actual management help. You are constantly micromanaged about how much time you spend on calls. I would have preferred a fast food job to this one. No chance for advancement but they will talk it up big time but it won't happen. Last time I drove by the place they had a big desperate banner out in front looking for help. They bribe employees to show up for work with cheap prizes and greasy food dinners. The year end bonus? A cheap Chinese made Christmas ornament and a book telling how great the company is---AND NOTHING ELSE. No year end bonus, no raise, nothing. If you want to be appreciated on your job go elsewhere and AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS OR YOU WILL REGRET IT!

Advice to Management

I have no advice for them because they wouldn't listen anyway and are too full of themselves to listen. As long as they are marking money for themselves they don't care about the employees who to them are expendible.

Protection 12014-07-03

"PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN...THINGS ARE NOT WHAT YOU THINK THEY ARE! THE WORST! RUN FAST, RUN FAR!"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Protection 1 full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They have nice marketing material.

Cons

No direction, no leadership, no support, no universal pricing, insufficient staff in the branches, no regard for the customers or the employees, no communication, morale is extremely low unless you are in upper management. Unreasonable quotas, no leads, no raise in car allowance the entire time I have been here. Impossible to get paid what is owed to you....they find a loophole to withhold your commissions. Managers... know little about the industry...they hire guys to read the p&l. Lets see...they fired almost all the IT department, good luck getting IT support. They tell you to send an e mail to IT for help if you need it...wait, I cant...my computer doesn't work...that's why I need IT support !They don't carry inventory in the local branches...hey, that cost to much money! No ink for printers...hey, that cost too much! Can't use Fed Ex...must use USPS to save money! Getting a stamp from them is a long and torturous process. Work environment is unhealthy, hostile and uncooperative. There are no clear processes in place resulting in a constant state of confusion and blatant inefficiency. I could on...

Advice to Management

Stop spending so much time patting yourself on the back and open your eyes to what the actual condition of the company, the employees and the customers is. The employees hate this company. Guess what, I can't afford to participate in your charity and community service projects because I am too busy trying to hold my family together since my income has been cut in half since new management took over! And your healthy... employee programs? The stress of the last few years has resulted in me developing high blood pressure and also needing anxiety and depression medication. Thanks...at least I have an awful insurance plan to pay nothing towards the medication.

Protection 12014-04-30

"No strategy or training"

Current Employee - Commercial Sales Consultant

I have been working at Protection 1 full-time

Pros

Great local office and great people. I joined this company because they provide a quality of service that is much better than any other competitor and it is true.

Cons

Upper management has no understanding of how to implement a strategy to increase commercial sales. The compensation is great if you can convince a small business owner to spend $95 a month instead of $25 with a competitor. I've done it, but it's tough.

Advice to Management

Better training!!! I was promised product and company training after 3 months and I never received any. We need training for the 20,000 or so product that we sell. If you invest in the sales people there will be much less turnover and there will be more value to the company in the long run.

Protection 12014-04-09

"Upper management"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Protection 1 full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Decent benefits, decent work schedule

Cons

Bad atmosphere, upper management, a lot of unhappy employees. Let a lot of long time employees go. Company will be for sale soon so a lot of deals they are taking are just for the books. Horrible place to work, everyday is depressing listening to customers yelling at how horrible the service is now and they want to cancel

Advice to Management

stop writing fake reviews saying how great this place is. Out of all employees I work with not one can say anything good

Protection 12013-12-31
  9. "I love being part of the P1 family"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Protection 1 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome management who truly care about you, your thoughts and ideas. Lots of room for advancement and growth personally and professionally. Upper management works long hours and more than their employees. I have worked for companies in the past where it's the complete opposite. It's great to have leaders who actually lead and go above and beyond.

Cons

I have been here 2 years and don't have 1 thing bad to say.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work!

Protection 12013-11-06

"Account Manager"

I worked at Protection 1 full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Most co-workers were good people. Decent benefits.

Cons

Other co-workers stabbing others in the back. Upper management choice on some department managers are very poor. No structure, no guidance when needed. Talked down to by manager- one time she was discussing what dress she was going to wear with a fellow employee, and I went to her with a serious issue with an account and was told-"I don't have time for this". Company was great until new owners came in. Cut out bonus... with no notice, then lied to about getting a bonus over and over. Was glad to leave when I did

Advice to Management

You do have other employees than managers, start acting like EVERYONE matters in the success of the company, not just the CEO and management.

Protection 12013-05-16