Proteus Digital Health Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Proteus Digital Health Co-Founder and CEO Andrew M. Thompson
Andrew M. Thompson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It has a fast paced work culture (in 7 reviews)

• At the same time, the work environment is not the insanity of some early-stage startups where there is no work-life balance (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • It's not just in middle level but even upper management (in 8 reviews)

• It is a fast paced environment and can sometimes get hectic (in 3 reviews)

1. "Good people pushing the edge"

I worked at Proteus Digital Health full-time

Pros

Good community. Positive attitudes. Ability to be creative and work between teams.

Cons

Senior management felt out of reach and somewhat removed.

Aug 3, 2017 – Head of People

Thank you for the positive feedback! We agree that we have great people and a strong community at Proteus! I’m happy that you had the opportunity to work cross-functionally, which is something that... More

2. "Innovative technology and great company culture."

I have been working at Proteus Digital Health full-time

Pros

Great colleagues. Proteans are intelligent, hard working, critical thinkers, strong communicators, and dedicated team players

Culture of empowerment. Safe to speak your mind. I can confidently disagree with management and my concerns are acknowledged, respected and discussed.

Growth focused. Proteus wants it's employees to develop their careers here. Opportunities abound for those willing to jump in.

Respect for family are personal life. School recitals, car appointments, I need a WFH day - real life is embraced here as long as your work and responsibilities are taken care of.

Cons

Proteus is fast-paced and we work a lot, yet that hard work is acknowledged and celebrated.

Aug 3, 2017 – Head of People

Thank you for the positive feedback! We agree that we have a great culture that thrives on collaboration and input from each of our employees. I am happy that you’ve found fulfilling career... More

"Great People, Great Company!"

I have been working at Proteus Digital Health full-time

Pros

Great people and culture, lots of opportunity for growth, work is engaging and challenging, love the vision and mission of the company, healthy snacks!

Cons

There could be a bit more transparency on the roadmap of the company

Aug 3, 2017 – Head of People

Thank you for your feedback! We are very happy to hear that you’ve found engaging work and excellent opportunities for growth at Proteus. We greatly value our employees and our culture, and agree... More

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Proteus Digital Health full-time

Pros

I am a full-time employee at Proteus Digital Health and I am very happy working here. The company is extremely innovative, the work is fast-paced, and I feel like I am constantly learning from my manager and my team. I feel a strong sense of purpose when I come to work each day, since I believe that Proteus has the potential to change how healthcare is delivered. Even though the company has been around for several years, I would still consider it a start-up environment and I find that type of work exciting since I get to shape the future of the company.

Cons

Commute is a bit long, but many managers allow flexibility in work schedules to accommodate

Aug 3, 2017 – Head of People

Thank you for submitting this review! Proteus prides itself on our devoted team and innovative products, and I am happy to hear that you’ve found a culture of learning, growth, and impact working... More

5. "Exciting place to work with a purpose"

I have been working at Proteus Digital Health full-time

Pros

The technology at Proteus is world-class and will change the way medicine is delivered. The company is innovative and strives to constantly improve. The managers care about their employees and try to make the working environment as productive and fun as possible. They are somewhere between a start-up and a mature company. It has great opportunities for people who are motivated and want to grow. At the same time, the work environment is not the insanity of some early-stage startups where there is no work-life balance.

Cons

Proteus works in a regulated environment, so company growth can be slower than in some other industries.

Advice to Management

Continue to value and encourage employees. Keep focused on customer traction and user benefits.

Aug 3, 2017 – Head of People

We are happy to hear about your positive experience and agree that Proteus has the potential to change the way that healthcare is delivered. I am happy that you’ve found Proteus to have a positive... More

"Great group of talented people"

I worked at Proteus Digital Health full-time

Pros

Good culture; great mix of highly talented employees. Lots of enthusiasm.

Cons

Company has typical start-up issues / growing pains.

"Awesome Company"

I have been working at Proteus Digital Health full-time

Pros

Passionate and highly intelligent peers all working towards producing the best of class products in the market space.
    Open and trusting environment where your voice is heard and valued.
    Career growth opportunities if you're a talented and motivated employee.

Cons

Still learning how to best use good processes.

Advice to Management

Allow more lead-time for mission critical projects to ensure quality and on-time delivery.

8. "Innovative, interesting place to work"

I have been working at Proteus Digital Health full-time

Pros

Well-funded company with a very innovative product that can change the world. Good company culture that has improved quite a bit over the last year. Getting traction with customers and showing the world that this is real. Great place to get a well-rounded set of experience.

Cons

Getting to success takes longer in healthcare. It can be frustrating at times.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on getting customer traction. Keep focus on learning and innovation.

9. "Making a positive contribution to the world, every day"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Proteus Digital Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with Proteus now for over a year and can say that I feel the work I do makes a tangible and significant contribution to people's lives every day. Real people, real customers with real problems we are helping. Immensely gratifying and absolutely the best reason to have joined.

Proteus is also a lead innovator in the digital health space where there's ample opportunity to be creative and inventive, disruptive of an industry to continues to underserve people. Innovating and challenging established conventions is part of the culture and encouraged/recognized.

Working a Proteus will no doubt give me a step up on everyone one else when it comes to experience working in health care industry . Everyone that has left Proteus always seems to land an incredibly robust job elsewhere for a reason.

Cons

Working in a regulated health space can be challenging and somewhat frustrating at times. Risk management and regulatory organizations still use old models/approaches to assess new technologies and haven't caught up. This introduces delays and requires more energy to overcome.

Advice to Management

Meetings - give everyone more time to make things happen please.

"Great people, Fast paced enivornment"

I have been working at Proteus Digital Health full-time

Pros

The best part of Proteus are the people. You are surrounded by intelligent people who are passionate about their work. The product itself is innovative and exciting- great to know you're part of a product that can change the world.

Cons

It is a fast paced environment and can sometimes get hectic.

Advice to Management

Continue to recognize your employers, continue to hear employees' feedback and acknowledge their concerns.

Jun 26, 2017 – Head of People

Thank you for your feedback. We agree that we have some awesome people here at Proteus! And, yes, we also agree we have an innovative and exciting, world-changing product! We will absolutely take... More