Proteus Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Teresa M. Taylor

1. "A great company"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I worked at Proteus Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They let you go out on contract and didn't bother you too much. Managers were good about sharing info and keeping me up to date with company news

Cons

Not much - the company was a nice employer. Sometimes it was difficult/annoying to get over to the home office for meetings, but those were few and far between.

Advice to Management

Pay your people well and don't require us to attend meetings at the home office too often.

2. "It's only gotten better"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Fort George G Mead Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Fort George G Mead Junction, MD

I have been working at Proteus Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The engineering staff at Proteus are top notch, and very technologically savvy. They go thru great pains to ensure they do not fall into the common practice of 'heart beat and a clearance'. They're interviews are tough, but once in your are part of the engineering best - working with the best. The staff is not arrogant, but rather very accommodating and fun. The culture here is one of the best I've experienced in my 8 years of doing software development. The work life balance is right now - thank you.

Cons

The largest problem is that their 401K plan is not as rich as other locations, however they're initially salary compensation more than makes up for it.

Advice to Management

Let engineers be engineers. You've created something magnificent here, please don't screw it up like other companies I've been to..

3. "Great people - Meaningful Work - Lots of Growth Potential"

Current Employee - SWE in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - SWE in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at Proteus Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love this place! Everyone is so supportive! I was bored in my last job, and Proteus keeps me challenged and keeps my skills sharp! Great team of employees!

Cons

It's a great work environment! My only issue is I wish I would have found this company sooner! You need to get the word out that Proteus takes care of their people! Best decision I could have made! Spread the word that Proteus has acquired multiple companies, because a lot of SWEs in my industry want to make a change and want future growth.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Thank you for giving me this opportunity to make a difference for my country!

5. "Continue the excellent work"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Fort Meade, MD
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Fort Meade, MD

I worked at Proteus Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great management, open and honest about opportunity, changes, and willing to help out with anything. Upper management communicates with employees on all levels of the company in person.

Cons

Work opportunities are only in one location, would like to see opportunities in the midwest area. Remote work would be a great option, but no realistic based on their primary customer. The initial orientation/training wasn't very coordinated and HR doesn't respond in a timely manner, that would be the only negative thing I could think of about my experience there.

Advice to Management

Continue the excellent work, was happy during my time there. Keep the open door relationship with the employees.

"Roller Coaster"

Former Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in Annapolis Junction, MD

I worked at Proteus Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The gym, coffee bar and a talented engineering team. The Founders are very philanthropic with ALS their pet cause although I wished they would consider other causes as well

Cons

Meet and beat style of management from senior managers and executives.....like children sometimes instead of a Mature company. They need to grow up

Advice to Management

It may be your company but you need to treat people better instead of as a personal punching bag and then good people will want to stay instead of leave

"Land of Opportunities"

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I worked at Proteus Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PROTEUS has given me so many opportunities to advance my career. I've held numerous roles at the company but ultimately settled in as network engineer. They trained me, got me redhat certified (on their own dime and time), supported me when my client delivery project ended, and they have an AWESOME gym, free to all employees... I used the gym nearly nightly, and worked out with many of my colleagues and the leadership of the company most nights... all very down to earth folks. I loved all the corporate events they implemented for the employee base to pull people together. bingo night, horse-racing, Capital games, Orioles games, ALS walks, high participation in various Charities. they've also recently stood up a commercial cyber practice as well.all good stuff. great company.

Cons

the biggest con of PROTEUS is really not a knock on the company, but rather the industry in which they serve. sometimes I felt like my client was my 'supervisor'... and I guess in a way, they are, but...

Advice to Management

keep working hard for your employees... they are your reputation.

"Here for the long haul"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at Proteus Technologies full-time

Pros

I have worked at PROTEUS for well over five years and have no plans to make a change. They are open and helpful to allowing employees to change the direction of their career and explore new opportunities. They supported me with training and patience as I made my own switch several years ago. The management team is accessible, easy to work with and trustworthy. Ii have seen our company leaders go out of their way to help individual employees time and time again for work related and more personal issues. The benefits are hard to beat.

Cons

The industry the company is in has many struggles but I know some of our management team members are actively partnering with other company leaders and the client agency to make things better.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. It's impossible to please everyone so there will always be the naysayers looking to drag you down. Love the way you continue to offer new ways to engage the employees and drive innovation.

"Creativity Combines with Stability"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at Proteus Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great corporate culture that encourages employees to stretch themselves, advance their skills, and be active participants in the company. It's really up to the employee as to how good their experience is at PROTEUS. The company leadership is constantly asking the employees for input and developing unique programs to enhance the employee experience. The company operates in a crazy competitive environment where integrity is pushed aside by many to get ahead. But I have seen PROTEUS do the right thing by the employee time and time again and the make decisions to ensure the company's financial stability and thereby the employee's job stability.

Cons

Many employees in the market work for the top bidder only and the client agencies have not done much to help regulate the cleared resource pool better.

Advice to Management

Continue to work with the employees to build on the great culture that you have. Employees appreciate how much you work with them to keep growing and advancing.

"They Get it !!!"

Current Employee - Senior Member Technical Staff in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Member Technical Staff in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at Proteus Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am a current employee and have worked for the company for the last 4 years. I can honestly say this in one of the few companies out there that actually get it. Competitive compensation with GREAT benefits. Many company events and tech talks to stay connected.

Cons

A couple of Prime contracts - great mission work.

Advice to Management

Thank you for keeping PROTEUS true to its roots and corporate culture. In a time where many companies change its colors - I have found PROTEUS to remain true to their word on corporate culture and company values.

"A workplace to grow and try new opportunities!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at Proteus Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong Company. True to their employees (despite some ex-employees which don't understand business), and have limited knowledge of events in the organization, pays employees well, great benefits, many 'out of the box' fun events for everyone to attend, company goes out of their way to make employees happy, technology experts - the best I've ever worked with, strong, tough interviews, (not your clearance and heartbeat staff), transparent, informed management to match the engineering base..

Cons

Unfortunately, some losers who have left the company who have an axe to grind do their best to give the company a bad name... Lots of activities within the organization... sometimes, too many to keep up...

Advice to Management

Keep working hard for us - we appreciate everything you're doing... even if we don't ALWAYS like the message, we know and trust you're working hard for us.