Protiviti Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8

1,199 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work life balance with flexible hours" (in 227 reviews)

• "An amazing place to start a career without a doubt" (in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • "keine Work-Life-Balance, sonst eigentlich nichts" (in 81 reviews)

• "Most new hires out of college are placed in the Internal Audit & Finance Advisory practice" (in 75 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Where colleagues become family"

Pros

Incredible culture, strong leadership, great opportunities for growth, amazing company, unique benefits available, strong focus on work life balance

Cons

High cost for healthcare, pay is OK/average

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing!

Jul 5, 2018 – U.S. Campus Recruiting Lead

Thank you for taking time to leave a review! I could not agree more with the title of your review "Where colleagues become family", as many people at Protiviti have supported me professionally and... More

"Definitely a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Protiviti full-time

Pros

The culture here is what makes the difference. There is a true sense of family - the leadership genuinely cares for the people. Communication is transparent and they are always trying to make improvements to areas that employees provide feedback on.

Cons

Though benefits are good overall (and there are a variety of benefits offered), the paid parental leave is not competitive with other firms. The paid parental leave needs to be lengthened considerably for both moms and dads.

Oct 16, 2018 – Director of Recruiting

I am so happy to hear that you experience the same strong culture that I do at Protiviti! We appreciate your feedback on PPL will continue to focus on ways to provide greater benefits to our people... More

3. "Senior Technology Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company culture, visibility into upper management, investment in personal development, work life balance

Cons

The 401k benefit can improve

4. "Great place to work."

I have been working at Protiviti full-time

Pros

People and culture, great work-life balance, great advice and help readily available from higher-ups

Cons

Staffing can be a bit behind at times; training not as thorough as it could be

5. "Manager"

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Unrivaled work-life balance for a consultancy
    -Great, flat, helpful culture in the BPI practice
    -Good diversity and inclusion support
    -Business case based training opportunities => gives you great flexibility on what areas you want to learn more about; as long as you can articulate the why, the "how" isn't normally an issue

Cons

-Exit opportunities are truly only good for Internal Audit / compliance or Finance/Accounting functions; if you're seeking more transformation/strategy roles, we do not have the reputation in the market to do so easily. It'd be an uphill effort.
    -Not a lot of intellectual property to leverage like bigger, more established firms; thus, we have to create the recipe every time, which could be a good and a bad thing...but from a client perspective, we could have two consulting teams providing advice to two different business units of a client and arrive at completely different conclusions; this would not reflect well on us.
    -Pay is benchmarked to internal audit (Big 4 IA practice) vs. actual consultancies (Consulting arms of Big 4 or McKinsey et al); thus, if not for the work life balance and good culture, people has few financial reasons to stay.
    -Having been in multiple solutions before, each solution is almost like a separate company; thus, we have work to do to standardize our knowledge/skills/culture across solutions at all levels.

Advice to Management

-Reassess pay to ensure competitiveness for non-IA practice to ensure we're using the same "basket of comparables" when analyzing our Compa-ratio...do not simply trust firms like Mercer or others to tell us that we have the right basket.
    -Consider acquisitions for non-IA solutions--we need more IP and non-IA/R&C talent to accelerate our differentiation in being more than just an audit shop
    -Lay out a plan for increasing our labor composition for all levels...especially our C-Suite. We've done a good job having two women Execs...but when someone external look at our C-Suite, we have work to do in terms of making it more diverse.

"Senior Consultant"

I worked at Protiviti full-time

Pros

Great people. Fantastic Culture. Great opportunities to learn. Great mentorship structure.

Cons

In the first few years, performance is largely based on changeability (same as any consulting firm). This can be a little unmotivating. Protiviti does a good job of recognizing those giving excellent client service.

7. "Well intentioned, but growing pains and management policy gaps are glaring"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You really are surrounded by great people, and the 40 hour workweek is real.

Cons

Extremely burdensome administrative processes spanning all aspects of the company from budgeting, to project accounting, to employee reviews. Heavy on the Staff Augmentation, when marketed as a 'management consulting' firm.
     A lof of internal politics surrounding which employees are forced into 'staffing company' type production work and lone staffing. Policies surrounded pay, time off and benefits very unclear, and struggled to be understood by most. Projects are widely underbudgeted, with most detriment directly impacting the management level and below, and not the director level.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent about the type of work that is actually won. Better internal systems would help as well.

"Solid place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at Protiviti (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice people, usually good work. Interesting clients.

Cons

Retaining best people. Mixed culture - some want to work like big4, others want less pressure, firms wants to keep both happy and therefore has a split. Bonus structure is low.

9. "Internal Audit Consultant"

I have been working at Protiviti full-time

Pros

Great culture, variety of clients, great location

Cons

Lots of sitting throughout the day

Oct 16, 2018 – Director of Recruiting

Thanks so much for your feedback! I encourage you to talk with your manager or career advisor about your working environment. We often have an option of a standing desk. Additionally, we would... More

"Overrall good place to start"

I worked at Protiviti full-time

Pros

Fun internship. Fun first year. Most clients you work 45 hours a week tops

Cons

Might be put on projects over and over again you may not like. Different managers have different "personalities and expectations."

Standard ladder don't expect to jump unless you bring in a lot of money.

Oct 16, 2018 – Director of Recruiting

Thanks so much for your feedback! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your internship and I hope you are coming back to join us after you graduate! Please ensure that you are talking with your... More

Showing 1,199 of 1,301 reviews