Protiviti Reviews | Glassdoor

Protiviti President and CEO Joseph A. Tarantino
Joseph A. Tarantino

1,116 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance with flexible hours (in 217 reviews)

• An amazing place to start a career without a doubt (in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of work-life balance due to travel and client deadlines (in 78 reviews)

• Most new hires out of college are placed in the Internal Audit & Finance Advisory practice (in 69 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Exciting company giving me great work experiences!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Robotics and Digital in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Robotics and Digital in Houston, TX

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People at Protiviti take care of each other. There is a genuine interest in making sure that Protiviti is a great place to work. I see the company and the leaders really pushing for maximum relevance in the market and with our clients. Lots of emphasis on people, teamwork, recognition, celebrations. Management communicates about what is going on. Base pay feels about right, and the bonus awards are incredible if you earn it. If you earn it, they will pay it. Good vacation benefit.

Cons

I wish health benefits were a little cheaper. They are ok, and Protiviti puts money into my HSA though!

Advice to Management

I like the assertiveness on pushing ourselves to grow in new, interesting areas! Keep putting people first!

Apr 11, 2018 – Senior Manager, Best People & Culture

Thank you for your feedback! I'm so thrilled to hear that you are having such a positive experience here at Protiviti. Keep sharing your thoughts with us as you grow with us -- you are making such... More

2. "9 years and counting!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

values their employees, opportunities to take on internal initiatives, great advisor program, work life balance

Cons

opportunities to try new client projects

Advice to Management

More Managing Director face time in the office and Executive Advisor program

"Great career experience!"

I have been working at Protiviti full-time

Pros

Protiviti is a great place to work.
    The highlights are:
    Strong leadership
    Great project opportunities
    Exceptional training programs
    Caring, smart and collaborative teams
    Great recruiters who help find talented people so we can grow
    Fantastic advisor program
    A commitment to giving back to our communities

Cons

The transition to becoming a truly digital company has been slower than I would have liked. I see great progress but it’s a large change for a large company and I’d like to see continued focus here.

Apr 10, 2018 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are glad to hear it's been a great experience for you. On the point of digital, we are heavily focused here and the change will be exciting! We welcome you... More

"Senior Recruiting Specialist."

I have been working at Protiviti full-time

Pros

Protiviti is a one of a kind consulting firm. From the culture to the projects to the leadership- it is truly THE best place to work. I enjoy coming to work every day and collaborating with my colleagues. I feel like I make an impact and I always look forward to bringing in the best talent to grow our best people and practices.

Cons

No Cons to address. Thank you.

Apr 10, 2018 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback. I am thrilled to hear that you have had a great experience working at Protiviti and we appreciate your hard work to help us grow our business together!

5. "One of the Best Places I've Worked"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extremely supportive team to new staff members.
    Management/leadership at all levels are very approachable, supportive, forward thinking.
    Management/leadership are open to new ideas.
    There is a well-thought out career management system in place, I think this helps employees remain motivated. Not haphazard.
    There are processes and procedures in place, and a constant move to improve.
    Lots of company activities, where the latest technology and industry information is shared to all staff.
    Opportunity to network with a wide range of professionals in over 70 offices.
    Meetings are frequent, but necessary, short and to the point. No unnecessary wasting of time.

Cons

No cons experienced to date.

Advice to Management

Continue being amazing leaders by example!

Apr 17, 2018 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Protiviti. I am so happy to hear that it's been a good experience for you so far. Leading by example is critical and we take that to heart... More

6. "Senior Process Consultant - Internal Audit Financial Advisory"

Former Employee - Senior Process Consultant - Internal Audit Financial Advisory in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Protiviti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with
    Good compensation packages
    Sabbatical program

Cons

1. A lot of travel required - sometimes on very short notice. On these assignments, project management does not communicate project details in advance, not allowing you to prepare adequately.
    2. Not always put in positions to succeed, and being asked to pretend you have experience or are an "expert" in something that you aren't.
    3. The work within their Internal Audit Financial Advisory is very mundane and not enjoyable.
    4. Very little ability to control what projects and assignments you are placed on.
    5. Burn out / high turnover that negatively impacts projects.

Advice to Management

Put people in positions where they can grow, learn, and excel in a healthy environment. Assignments where there is poor support from project management, the consultant is not prepared, and has little to no prior experience create TONS of stress and anxiety for your staff, and burn people out.

7. "Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Protiviti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to work if you want to be in consulting business in long run.

Cons

i don't have any specific cons.

Advice to Management

Management team is good, no particular advise.

Apr 17, 2018 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed working at Protiviti and welcome the opportunity to stay in touch!

8. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Protiviti full-time

Pros

Great opportunities to learn in different fields with great people, especially for new graduates

Cons

After 7 years in consulting , my only con is due to the fact that I am ready to try industry

Mar 16, 2018 – Senior Manager

We appreciate your feedback and congratulations on 7+ years with Protiviti. Having the experience to work in different areas and with so many great people is one of the many benefits of working in... More

"Very Young Company - Mundane Audit Work"

I worked at Protiviti full-time

Pros

Really young company, so there is lots of room to people people, make friends, grow, and create relationships. You can travel if you want to. They have great consulting training.

Cons

Again...young company also has its cons. The environment was cliquey. It is audit...so as long as you know what you signed up for you will be fine.

Apr 2, 2018 – U.S. Campus Recruiting Lead

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. I am glad you were able to experience our great culture of growth and relationships.

"Lots of compromise, no upshot"

I have been working at Protiviti full-time

Pros

Good culture
    Great coworkers
    Leadership is accessible

Cons

Mid-range pay
    Mid-range benefits
    Very poor work-life balance
    All staff forced to train on specific subjects with little to no flexibility on topic or timeline

Advice to Management

Give employees the choice to learn what they want to learn.

Mar 26, 2018 – Senior Manager, Best People & Culture

Hello! Thank you for your feedback. I'm so glad that you are enjoying the culture and camaraderie here at Protiviti. Happy also to hear that you are able to interact with leaders during your time... More

Showing 1,116 of 1,201 reviews