Protiviti Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8

1,185 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work life balance with flexible hours" (in 225 reviews)

• "An amazing place to start a career without a doubt" (in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • "keine Work-Life-Balance, sonst eigentlich nichts" (in 80 reviews)

• "Most new hires out of college are placed in the Internal Audit & Finance Advisory practice" (in 73 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Where colleagues become family"

Pros

Incredible culture, strong leadership, great opportunities for growth, amazing company, unique benefits available, strong focus on work life balance

Cons

High cost for healthcare, pay is OK/average

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing!

Jul 5, 2018 – U.S. Campus Recruiting Lead

Thank you for taking time to leave a review! I could not agree more with the title of your review "Where colleagues become family", as many people at Protiviti have supported me professionally and... More

2. "Senior Consultant II"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant II in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant II in Houston, TX

I worked at Protiviti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People
    Culture
    Work/Life Balance
    Adviser Program
    Exposure to Management

Cons

Some client work may involve extended travel on a weekly basis

Jun 7, 2018 – Director of Recruiting

I love to hear that you had a great experience working at Protiviti. As with most consulting firms, our projects do require travel from time to time. We have some team members who love this and... More

3. "Great company if you enjoy consulting"

Current Employee - IAFA in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - IAFA in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Fun culture with plenty of opportunities for involvement (groups, activities, etc.)
    - Room for growth and defined career path
    - Annual performance-bases raises and bonuses
    - Good pay, benefits, and vacation
    - Workplace flexibility

Cons

- New-hire training is a bit much and too overwhelming to really extract anything valuable. You're never really trained on the essential skills and knowledge required to do your job. It's all dependent on on-the-job training and your peers to coach you.
    - Inconsistency of overall experience based upon which solution (Internal Audit, Risk & Compliance, etc.) you work in. IAFA is all local clients whereas other solutions are very travel heavy. IAFA engagements can be hit or miss and are very SOX heavy. Other solutions are more consultative in nature.
    - The Chicago office is so focused on growth growth growth and getting new work and clients. However, IAFA is understaffed, leading to limited resources for all this work. This constantly leads to overtime, and an expectation for people to complete work on nights and weekends when needed (this depends on your level). Engagements never end on time, which creates a lot of overlap and extra time spent tying up loose end while still trying to focus on the next engagement you are staffed on.
    - Hiring focus - Too much emphasis on hiring college grads and not enough experienced hires. Hiring lots of college grads at times helps numbers in terms of staffing, but requires too much additional time spent coaching and developing.
    - Inconsistency of work styles among upper management. You don't have a single "boss", but instead different groups of leadership on a project-by-project basis. When constantly being led by different people, it makes it hard to develop skills when you're being coached in different and sometimes conflicting ways.

Advice to Management

Focus less on all the revenue growth, and more on cleaning up our current methods of doing work. Putting additional resources on large-scale engagements will help create a more balanced workload and less overtime/weekend work and less overlap between engagements. Hiring more experienced hires will be an important aspect here.

"Executive Assistant / Executive Coordinator"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of diversity and inclusion programs, charitable contributions, a couple of fun outings or happy hours a year.
    Great people to work with

Cons

Well the company culture appears great, it was my experience that I was undervalued, overworked and my skills were underutilized. Unfortunately, I was sold on the opportunity for growth, a variety of work, lots of exposure to different projects in my interview. The company was also described as lean, transparent, innovative, having a collaborative team environment, and a flat organizational chart. Having come from a very transparent quick moving company, I can say Protiviti has a good amount of red tape and leadership likes to hold on to the old way of doing things “because that’s the way it’s always been done”. While movement is being made with the EA structure, my time here was spent supporting 11 people including a C-Suite level executive, local office Managing Director, and a handful of other MDs and Directors in a variety of solutions. My support varied based on individual, but for several individuals it included full spectrum support (calendaring, inbox management, tracking business development, time & expenses, researching clients, meal reservations / events, room reservations, document review and execution etc..). This did lead to exposure in a lot of new areas, unfortunately, it was very difficult to balance value added tasks into my regular data entry and administrative tasks. Management was receptive of my concerns and aware I needed growth opportunities, but these conversations lead to no impact on making changes. Something to be aware of-- Executive Assistants and Executive Support Coordinators are also the lowest ranking employees in the office, which means they are required to work in the office M-F while the rest of the operations employees and consultants have flexibility to work from home. This leads to many of the office related tasks fall on their shoulders. ie: watching the reception desk during lunches, and around the holidays, helping clean the kitchen, stocking snacks, ordering lunches and cleaning up afterwards, unloading dishwashers etc.. We are also often looked to in the office for answers with ordering supplies, packages / mail, Wi-Fi connection problems, printing needs, and office maintenance issues. On the topic of growth, there is none provided to EAs and very little provided to operations. During my interview process the personality characteristics of being entrepreneurial and taking initiative to transform the role beyond traditional EA duties was highlighted by the recruiters and several of the interviewers. In retrospect this was not a good fit because the company was not in a position to take on someone with an entrepreneurial attitude because no growth opportunities are offered, and the company is very slow to adapt and change. Additionally, their tech that is used internally is archaic for a tech consulting firm, they’ve yet to integrate the cloud for file storage / sharing, and do not leverage Microsoft O365 well. The culture at the firm seems to be on the right path. The people who work here are very nice. The individuals are kind and professional.

Advice to Management

Growth opportunities for your operations team. Leverage the talent you already have.

"Over-hyped - Do your research"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance, great colleagues

Cons

- This isn't a "consulting" firm, it is simply an internal audit contract work firm, hence the Robert Half connection. The vast majority of client engagements consist of long term loan staff work where there is little to no interaction with Protiviti Managers or MDs.
    - No say in the client projects you are placed on
    - Poor training and development opportunities
    - Very high cost of benefits
    - Pitiful 401k

Advice to Management

If you are going to advertise as consulting firm, act like one. Client projects are repetitive and new hires are beginning to catch on once they've spent a year with the firm. Invest more in employees training/development and turnover likely won't be as high.

6. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture is everything I could ask for, especially coming right out of college. The people are friendly, welcoming, and knowledgeable. A collaborative and encouraging work environment.

Cons

I do not have any cons!

7. "Great Company"

I have been working at Protiviti full-time

Pros

work life balance, corporate culture

Cons

I dont have any complaints

"Goood but lacks benefits and underpaid"

Current Employee - Process Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Process Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, people, and mobility

Cons

Underwhelming work, underpaid compared to other audit firms

Advice to Management

Review what competitive pay and benefits are

Sep 10, 2018 – HR Leader

Thank you for your feedback. We benchmark total rewards for our employees throughout the year and make adjustments as necessary. I would encourage you to discuss your work experience with our... More

9. "Great Team Envirnment"

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible schedule, great coworkers, benefits

Cons

likely will work over 40 hrs a week

10. "Intern"

Pros

Great work life balance and company culture

Cons

Could be helpful to work with other solutions more often

Showing 1,185 of 1,285 reviews