Protiviti Reviews

4.1
Protiviti President and CEO Joseph A. Tarantino
Joseph A. Tarantino
1,230 Ratings
Pros
  • "Good work life balance and growth opportunities(in 328 reviews)

• "Great people, great culture and environment(in 151 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Clients are majorly Internal Audit(in 93 reviews)

• "Usual Consulting firm based cons(in 48 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Protiviti and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Great Place to Work

Dec 15, 2020 - Internal Audit
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company has Great Flexible Work Arrangements!

Cons

Some offices have a lean machine mentality with a limited resources.

2. 5.0

Great company

May 4, 2021 - Manager, Technology Consulting in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fair management, salary and work life blend

Cons

Projects can get to be repetitive

3. 5.0

Delivering on promises

Apr 30, 2021 - Managing Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Throughout my interview process with Protiviti, I was impressed with a culture the actively supported and championed their employees. As I talked to various people through the process there was a consistency and honesty about the organization and its people. While many companies roll out the "red carpet" during the interview process, the picture that is painted can quickly change upon start. I was amazed to find that not only was the reality painted during the interview process accurate, the overall culture has far exceeded my expectations. This is a company that genuinely cares for its employees and values and cherishes it's clients. There is a level of transparency and collaboration that is rare at professional services companies. I have also been impressed with the level of growth, transformation and innovation that is occurring across key segments of the business such as technology consulting. Final point, 2020 was a challenging year for many companies, resulting in cuts to benefits, salaries and jobs. In a nod to my earlier comment about caring for employees, Protiviti stuck by their employees, focusing on the long-term benefits of keeping their people engaged and employed. Job cuts were non-existent and employees were rewarded for their hard work.

Cons

Being a matrixed organization, you need to be ready to proactively engage with peers and leaders. Employees that are passive, struggle with self-motivation or don't appreciate the value in building peer relationships will likely find the culture challenging. The hiring process can be lengthy at times, but I can assure you, it is worth wait!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great organization, supports our people

Apr 30, 2021 - Prefer Not to Disclose
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership has emphasized over the past 12 months that the health and safety of our people are its top priorities, and its actions have matched its words. The company has been incredibly supportive of all employees, through flexibility in work schedules, added benefits to aid people during the pandemic, increased time off benefits, work-from-home office and technology stipends, and much more. This year, our leaders and company truly stepped up, which has been gratifying and rewarding.

Cons

The company is experiencing tremendous growth and the strain is being felt in numerous areas, from practice groups to operations. There is more to do than ever before and expectations are to deliver it faster. This is creating a strain on employees.

5. 5.0

A Solid Career in a Growing Company

Apr 20, 2021 - Managing Director in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Although $1 bln+ company, still enough opportunities to do "new" things (e.g. evolving service offerings) that there is entrepreneurial experience - Company has a strong sense of culture that it seems to be genuinely concerned in maintaining - It's a consulting firm, but not one that has built itself on the assumption of grinding staff personnel at 50+ hour weeks; you'll work hard, but it's fair and there are real opportunities to focus on you when needed

Cons

- As organization has grown, you "feel" the transition from a smaller firm to a larger firm and are sometimes concerned about the culture that has made it special getting lost - As the organization transitions to expand into more managed service opportunities (i.e. larger and more sustainable revenue), some of the core business of the past feels left behind

6. 5.0

Working at Protiviti Has Been a Highlight of My Life

Apr 21, 2021 - Managing Director in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible culture, people and family oriented, incredibly talented and smart people to work with and strong community outreach. Strong customer focus and efforts to listen to the voice of the customer. Leaders with whom one can relate, leaders with a steady hand on the helm, leaders who communicate effectively, leaders who are upbeat but also real and grounded, leaders who walk the walk as well as talk the talk. An exceptional CEO. A strong convincing emphasis on diversity and inclusion. A strong learning environment, great enabling methodologies and tools, just a great place to learn, grow and succeed. Genuine respect for wellbeing and work/life balance, people treated with integrity and respect. Compensation and benefits are attractive. I am proud I represent Protiviti.

Cons

More of an acknowledgement of fact than a "con" but Protiviti is not a place to coast. A strong work ethic is required table stakes.

7. 5.0

Professional Services is About People

Apr 22, 2021 - Managing Director in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Protiviti provides a challenging place to work that allows you to develop different skills and change directions as your interests change. They listen to their employees and try to incorporate this concept into the culture of the organization. Protiviti is very entrepreneurial and provides an arena to foster that spirit but with the appropriate safety nets in place. Finally, the leadership team tries to be very transparent in their communications. I think the Protiviti culture is about people helping people whether that be providing technical guidance on how to do something, or supporting with personal challenges during a global pandemic.

Cons

While consulting is very entrepreneurial, that also brings along challenges such as high expectations, odd or extended hours, and a required level of independence. That type of work environment can be challenging and stressful and in a pandemic, it may be overwhelming for some.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Supportive company culture with growth potential

Apr 19, 2021 - Director in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company lives the values of integrity, inclusion and innovation. Through the pandemic they have been able to grow the business while also taking care of all of us at the same time. We are able to work from home indefinitely. We have great collaboration tools that make working here and across time zones easy. We have had several perks that were surprises like a work from home bonus to setup home offices, wellness bonus, etc. With the company focused on growth as well as taking care of all of us, we are staged for much success together.

Cons

It can be stressful to work from home as you have to set boundaries yourself.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing place to work that invests in their people!

Apr 27, 2021 - Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Protiviti is truly a place that cares about and invests in it's people. Each person at Protiviti is a culture champion and willing to always lend a helping hand or insights into a project. This is all led by our CEO, Joe Tarantino, who lives our values of integrity, inclusion, and innovation each and every day! This is a great place to work for all.

Cons

There are always areas that we can improve on, however our leadership is actively taking steps towards those improvement each day.

10. 5.0

Building My Career Equity

Apr 20, 2021 - Managing Director in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Since graduating from college, I wanted a Career, not a Job. So I want to feel like I'm building equity in my career, like building equity in a home. I have found that the diversity of engaging and challenging work, which boosts my personal learning/growth, along with working in teams of people that I like in an entrepreneurial culture, has helped maximize my feeling of Career Equity, which is important to me.

Cons

Consulting is a service business, so it's not always 8-to-5, but I am fine with that tradeoff for the variety of work I get - plus the flexibility to not be tied to a monthly/quarterly/annual close schedule.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,046 Reviews