Protiviti Reviews | Glassdoor

Protiviti Reviews

Updated September 20, 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The best work/life balance of any consulting firm (in 198 reviews)

• An amazing place to start a career without a doubt (in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • Compensation is traded for work/life balance (in 68 reviews)

• Most new hires out of college are placed in the Internal Audit & Finance Advisory practice (in 66 reviews)

"Good"

Current Employee - Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Very good work-life balance. All the fellow employees are fun to be around and are driven to help make a change. I would highly recommend Protiviti to a friend.

Cons

Only con that I have experienced it on some project you have to commute upwards of 2 hours each way. It depends where you get staffed.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what they are doing and make sure to compensate individual employees based on their job not the title they posses.

"Good working environment"

Pros

Work life balance. Caring coworkers.

Cons

May travel sometimes. If you have kids, need to arrange things around. However people here in general are very understanding to work things out with you.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the great culture!

3. "Great place to be challenged"

Pros

Small projects, lots of client interaction, work for and with great people

Cons

Not a place for people who want to be told what to do. You drive you own career here and make your own sucess.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

4. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Manager (IT Audit) in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Manager (IT Audit) in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people have been great all of the years I have been here. Very supportive of taking more initiative and additional responsibilities.

Cons

I don't think we are the most highly-paid Consultants around, but they make up for it with plenty of other perks for those on the management team.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work with new regulatory guidance coming out. Be able to better train key individuals who might have a role in new solutions.

5. "IAFA Tech"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Protiviti as an intern

Pros

Really enjoyed the people I worked with and the ability to do something different on a weekly basis. I felt like I was doing real work at a level that a full-time hire would do. The internship was a great experience overall and I can't wait to begin my career here.

Cons

The only con I had was I didn't really like the solution I was placed in. I would advise others who are interning to do research about which solution you are interested in because that will make your internship more enjoyable.

Advice to Management

Management was great they had a great peer advisor program that allowed interns to interact with other employees at all level. We got to speak with management frequently as an intern and get some insight as to how they began their career and what we could learn from that.

"Career Growth and Opportunity"

I have been working at Protiviti full-time

Pros

Protiviti cares about its people and has a great mechanism to promote career growth. There is also built in flexibility if you maintain good communication with Management. There is also an excellent training environment, both formal trainings and great on-the-job training.

Cons

Flexibility and work/life balance depend on the industry and field of expertise, as certain individuals tend to work much longer hours. The level of travel can also be challenging if you work in certain industries / certain practices. At times, the focus on millennial happiness can result in non-millennials picking up the slack.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on your greatest resource, your people!

7. "Consultant"

Pros

Young, fast paced environment with a lot of opportunity to grow. Great mentoring programs and visibility to upper management

Cons

Staffing seems to disregard requests for open positions and minimal incentives to work extra hours when required or to go above and beyond.

"Great Place to start a career"

Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Protiviti (More than 5 years)

Pros

Accessibility to management.
    Teaming environment which allows for collaboration among teams
    Ease of access to resources and people within the company even if they are around the country or world.

Cons

Benefits as far as health insurance and other items could be better.
    Would like a little more true consulting work.

Advice to Management

Working with HR group to find a better benefit package would make this an ideal place to work but it has been a great place to launch a career.

9. "Great company culture!"

Current Intern - Process Consultant Intern
    Current Intern - Process Consultant Intern

I have been working at Protiviti as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Training and company culture is amazing - would definitely recommend the internship program to any finance/accounting major. As an intern you are treated like a first year consultant and given many responsibilities. Exposure to top level management even as an intern is unmatched by other companies in the industry. The experience you get transfers great into senior year accounting coursework, adequately preparing you to return for a full time opportunity the following summer if you are extended and accept the offer. Their goal of the internship is to extend all interns a full time offer, if it is a mutual fit. Great compensation and benefits in the full time offer package.

Cons

Majority of the work is internal audit based - pro or con depending on what your personal preferences are. Staffing was a little issue in the internship, you may experience up to a week of being unstaffed on a project and have downtime in the office.

Advice to Management

Keep emphasizing great company culture as you continue expanding! The training schools are outstanding. Also in smaller offices, would like to see broader lines of service and more true consulting work rather than just internal audit and technology.

10. "Great place for millenials!"

Pros

Protiviti is forward-thinking and always looking to improve. The work challenges you and pushes you to be better. The people culture here cannot be beat!

Cons

None! You'll never enjoy a job as much as you'll enjoy your time at Protiviti

Advice to Management

Keep building a company with an outstanding reputation and hiring people who can contribute to that.

Showing 295 of 1,090 reviews