Cover image for Protiviti
Logo

Part of Robert Half

Add a Review

Protiviti Employee Reviews about "great place"

Updated Oct 27, 2021

4.1
Protiviti President and CEO Joseph A. Tarantino
Joseph A. Tarantino
1,724 Ratings

What people are saying about Protiviti

Join the conversation on

Consulting

4m

works at

Protiviti

I’m currently an intern at Protiviti and debating whether or not to accept a return offer if given one. I’ve enjoyed my experience here but I don’t know if I should explore other opportunities in terms of career growth and pay (i.e. big 4, Accenture, etc.) Any advice would be appreciated!

31 Comments

Consulting

413.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Protiviti~30849
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people to work with and young culture is excellent(in 360 reviews)
  • "Great culture if you are a young professional out of college looking for a play hard mindset!(in 260 reviews)
  • "Work Life Balance and Good Benefits(in 250 reviews)
  • "Management is good and supportive(in 94 reviews)
  • "You get a great opportunity to meet peers and higher(in 70 reviews)
Cons
  • "pay is low and there are fewer resources for training(in 90 reviews)
  • "Low Salary : Salary offered at Protiviti is lesser compared to most of its peers.(in 80 reviews)
  • "Our benefits could be better.(in 71 reviews)
  • "No training is provided above that and also cannot compete with the training offered in other firms.(in 47 reviews)
  • "Different managers have different 'personalities and expectations.'(in 46 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Protiviti and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great place"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best places to work, I believe it

May 24, 2021 - Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Protiviti is such a great company to work for. The theme you’ll see on Glassdoor is all about the culture and I couldn’t agree more. Protiviti’s culture truly makes the company a great place to work,

Cons

Maybe because i am biased for things going so well but nothing bad to say.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Working at Protiviti Has Been a Highlight of My Life

Apr 21, 2021 - Managing Director in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible culture, people and family oriented, incredibly talented and smart people to work with and strong community outreach. Strong customer focus and efforts to listen to the voice of the customer. Leaders with whom one can relate, leaders with a steady hand on the helm, leaders who communicate effectively, leaders who are upbeat but also real and grounded, leaders who walk the walk as well as talk the talk. An exceptional CEO. A strong convincing emphasis on diversity and inclusion. A strong learning environment, great enabling methodologies and tools, just a great place to learn, grow and succeed. Genuine respect for wellbeing and work/life balance, people treated with integrity and respect. Compensation and benefits are attractive. I am proud I represent Protiviti.

Cons

More of an acknowledgement of fact than a "con" but Protiviti is not a place to coast. A strong work ethic is required table stakes.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. Join the Protiviti team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Protiviti is a Great Place to Work

Mar 24, 2021 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Protiviti is a company that truly cares about the employees and has demonstrated that time and time again over the last year by providing time off to care for family impacted by Covid, providing stipends to help with remote work spaces, and sharing in the success of the last year with an unexpected bonus to all employees above and beyond our current incentive plan. The company continues to grow quickly and provide opportunities for new challenges and projects to. The people at Protiviti are amazing to work with and everyone works collaboratively to be the best they can as a team. There is flexibility to manage your work and life as needed and management is very involved and active in making Protiviti a great place to work.

Cons

We continue to grow quickly and will need to ensure we have the right support to help the business grow and thrive.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing place to work that invests in their people!

Apr 27, 2021 - Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Protiviti is truly a place that cares about and invests in it's people. Each person at Protiviti is a culture champion and willing to always lend a helping hand or insights into a project. This is all led by our CEO, Joe Tarantino, who lives our values of integrity, inclusion, and innovation each and every day! This is a great place to work for all.

Cons

There are always areas that we can improve on, however our leadership is actively taking steps towards those improvement each day.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work!

Apr 21, 2021 - Consultant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Protiviti is a great place to work for several reasons - their culture, the people, their attitude of always putting their people first. The work-life balance is great, and they have been so flexible during the pandemic about working from home. They truly believe in putting their people first, while growing every year.

Cons

I cannot think of anything

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Don’t buy in

Sep 26, 2020 - Consultant in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great place to go and work if you don’t know what you want to do or if you know for certain you want to be an auditor

Cons

Protiviti will try to convince you that they have legitimate consulting projects. They don’t. 80% of the work is auditing and to earn a chance at real BPI work you have to excel at auditing, which requires a completely different skill set. THIS IS NOT CONSULTING. This company will try to convince you that what you do has an element of creativity or problem solving but let me be clear, you are not doing this work because you have anything unique or special to add, you are doing this work because somebody has to. They see their employees as totally replaceable and to be honest the average employee here is. I have never in my life had the misfortune of being associated with such a painfully un-extraordinary group of people. another issue is that the culture around time is completely toxic. During my time at Protiviti I was reprimanded for charging too much and charging too little. Your hours billed YTD are shared to everyone and 100% of your bonus is tied to hours. Just don’t work here.

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good Company

May 10, 2021 - Conulstant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work and good introduction into consulting

Cons

Consultant pay is lower compared to industry standard.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to be apart of!

Mar 23, 2021 - Human Resources Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

many growth opportunities, the people at Protiviti are amazing co-workers, work-life balance, management is very involved and active in making Protiviti a great place to work.

Cons

high growth projections so needing to manage change

10. 5.0

Great place

May 5, 2021 - Consultant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

lots of pros great place

Cons

none I really like everything

11. 4.0

review

Jul 20, 2021 - Senior Experienced Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work for, most of the time

Cons

Disinterested directors and associate directors

Viewing 1 - 10 of 51 Reviews
</>Embed

Popular Careers with Protiviti Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Protiviti? Share Your Experiences

Protiviti logo

Protiviti Careers

Cover image for Protiviti

About Us We believe that a career is about more than just working, providing deliverables, and being compensated for your efforts. The...More

• Career Path

Company Updates

Logo

75 days ago

Company News
Protiviti has been named one of the “Best Firms to Work For” by Consulting magazine for the ninth consecutive year. The list is compiled from the results of an anonymous survey which asked employees to rate their satisfaction with their firm’s culture, career development, client engagement, compensation and benefits, and leadership.
Shared image - Protiviti Named One of the 'Best Firms to Work For' by Consulting Magazine
Protiviti Named One of the 'Best Firms to Work For' by Consulting Magazine
www.protiviti.com

Protiviti Photos

+ Add Photo
Protiviti photo of: Protiviti leaders from across the nation working together at a national training
Protiviti photo of: A few laughs as this Protiviti team works together to facilitate trainings
Protiviti photo of: Interns enjoy a fun team building activity during national on-boarding!
Protiviti photo of: Meditation break led by one of our Protiviti employees during general session
Protiviti photo of: CEO &amp; President, Joe Tarantino, talking to the 2022 intern class
Protiviti photo of: Interns working together on simulated client experience in Austin, TX
Protiviti photo of: The Intern Challenge - 2022

Deloitte

3.9

89,441 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 3,163 Protiviti reviews submitted anonymously by Protiviti employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Protiviti is right for you.