Protocol Education Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 29, 2017

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Stephen Lawrence

1. "Protocol"

Current Employee - Teaching Assistant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Teaching Assistant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Protocol Education part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Supply work day by day available which allows flexibility, quite regular work offered.

Cons

A couple of times I was booked and for a misunderstanding or a last minute cancellation I turned up and I wasn't needed. I was not paid for the day which I find outrageous. Some consultants can be rude and pushy.

Advice to Management

Time is money, when you book someone and there is a mistake on your side YOU MUST PAY - Also pay rates are low

2. "Decent part-time work"

Former Employee - Teaching Assistant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Teaching Assistant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Protocol Education part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

HQ very friendly, made to feel welcome during interview process. Very good info pack outlining everything you need to know.

Cons

You need to build up a good relationship with the person in charge of your 'zone' to get steady work - not always guaranteed and definitely tricky in the first month.

3. "Teaching Assistant"

I have been working at Protocol Education full-time

Pros

Constant work flow during term times, friendly consultants, good software to manage my bookings

Cons

Even though I was promised work during summer I was almost always at home, and they would tell me that if something comes in I'll get it straight away, so I spent summer days waking up early waiting for the call that hardly ever came. Couldn't plan anything else.
    They also don't respect your preferences. I noted I don't want to work in behaviour management and was sent twice to do that without telling me what I'll be doing.

4. "Supply Teacher"

Current Employee - Supply Teacher in Chesterfield, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Supply Teacher in Chesterfield, England (UK)

I have been working at Protocol Education part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They can find you work in some interesting schools with interesting children and staff. The pay is also very reasonable.

Cons

Unfortunately, Protocol Education do not offer employees the opportunity to do their QTS or QTLS. Another down side is having to be ready for work early... and then they don't phone you for work.

Advice to Management

It would be useful to notify employees for work the day before as this would help them to plan and be ready for work without the stress.

5. "TA"

Current Employee - Supply TA in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Supply TA in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Protocol Education full-time

Pros

they give you work consistently and have a range of opportunities once things get going generally you should be okay if you let them know you are looking

Cons

pay is lower compared to competitors if you are on supply and not long term sometimes you will have to travel very far which can be frustrating

"protcol education"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

friendly team (in the finchley branch) at the time i was there, all made me feel welcome and quite sociable team.

Cons

comission not that great / overexaggerated, unless your walking straight into a warm desk.
    tends to be people that have been there for quite while who are earning good comission.
    however, the structure of comission may of now changed.

long hours and sometimes 7 am starts.