Proudfoot Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Pamela Hackett

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You will learn a lot in a short amount of time (in 3 reviews)

• good paid, good opportunities to meet with fortune 500 companies management team and learn a lot (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • A lot of the negative comments seem to be from people moaning about the work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• During the recruitment process I realized that some of the upper management members were those typical calculated, selfish and cold-blooded executives (in 4 reviews)

"Leading the transformation of the how and what of Op Consulting"

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Proudfoot full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

70 year old Global company for years the leader in Operational Consulting
    Reinventing it's self and the Industry
    New Operational Management and Executive
    Dramatically changing how Consulting is delivered
    Eliminating the Hand offs between departments
    Investing in people and new products / solutions

Cons

Can improve external marketing of successes
    Need to maintain the speed of change
    Restructuring - which needed to happen, was pain full for some and could have been better managed - especially in North America.

Advice to Management

Continue the investment in People and products
    Continue internal development and Alignment
    Maintain the focus on the delivery of outstanding engagements for clients
    Continue to focus on the positives

"Business Associate"

Pros

Wonderful colleagues, although many have left or were let go during RIFs (reductions in force).

Cons

No need to repeat so many other critiques of this company. Most are spot on. I only wish I had looked at them before accepting a position with this company.

Advice to Management

Continue cleaning house. Have the last of you turn the lights off on the way out.

Nov 21, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your feedback on the quality of our people and the wonderful colleagues. I feel the same way. Our people are brilliant and do great work with our clients. Since taking on the role of... More

"Great company - in theory - But needs to practice what it preaches"

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Research Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Proudfoot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is for an office position, and will vary wildly from the consultants who are on the client's premises. The insurance kicks in the day you sign your offer letter, which is quite nice. This was back in 2015, however, and the company has been going steadily downhill since then, so this could already be gone. The 401(k) is also good, with up to 3% matching immediately.

Cons

Here we go. For one, the company practices sustainability and cost cutting measures to clients that it MUST practice itself in order to survive. These "solutions" are cookie cutter at best. The work itself was fantastic - there was zero relation between input and output, just "appear" busy, and you'll get rewarded. Actually, never mind, we had a guy nicknamed "Houdini" for his random acts of disappearance (sometimes for days on end - without any questions from HR/Management). He ended up getting rewarded, too. (Reading this, I'm not sure why I'm not putting that as a "pro"...) Furthermore, the work climate is typical of that kind of organization which lacks leadership and direction - there is no overarching vision for the company (don't buy their website BS - it's all marketing agencies doing their thing), which translates to disengaged employees who constantly fear that the latest move by senior management could put them out of work. This place is a great place to develop arrhythmia, if you're into that sort of thing.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach, please. It's been said on this site (and others like it) FOR. YEARS. It has taken several changes within senior management, and still no change. Actually, you know what? While you still have shareholders bankrolling you - do whatever you'd like.

Nov 14, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback. I'm always sad someone has had a bad experience in our business. I note you were a research analyst. This was a position that was a new role for Proudfoot a few years ago in... More

"Reshaping a 70 year old firm takes courage, creativity and commitment."

Current Employee - Practice Leader in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Practice Leader in New York, NY

I have been working at Proudfoot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work with clients to truly change, at scale, the landscape of their business.
    Work with passionate people who will go all-in for their clients and teams.
    Blue ocean opportunity to develop skills, practice strategy, offerings and services.

Cons

Working with a committed team to make transformational change is hard; its not for the faint-of-heart.
    If you want to continue using yesterday's techniques and approach to consulting, find another place to work.

Advice to Management

You've chosen the right path and results are proving the new model. You've targeted the best people to assist. They are valuable, creative and passionate about realizing this opportunity.

"Antiquated Methodologies, Philosophy and Management"

Former Employee - Operations in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Operations in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Proudfoot (More than a year)

Pros

Have a set methodology that would work for organizations that have either rudimentary management capabilities, tools and methods or no existing management operating system.

Cons

Use a 1950's developed methodology. Rudimentary, manual tools developed and provided to clients. If the client organization has much sophistication the service provided will probably be of little value to the client.

Advice to Management

Replace top management. Hire leaders from outside the firm. Successful consulting leaders who know how to manage and delivery service in the 2000's.

Sep 13, 2017 – CEO

Wow, I'm going to have to really dig into this with our US team. The Digital Ready work we are doing on the US West Coast is so relevant to our clients and our work in Natural Resources has been... More

"Engagement Manager"

I worked at Proudfoot full-time

Pros

If you like to travel it can be exciting.
    Very little pros currently as the company is struggling with its identity (not brilliant).

Cons

Travel schedule - leaving Sunday and home late Friday

Advice to Management

Set policies, publish, communicate then follow them. If there was an unforeseen consequence, adjust policy and repeat process above. Actual transparency will benefit the culture and then ultimately the company.

Sep 13, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback. Always disappointing to hear we've not communicated effectively enough. The work life balance is a challenge. As you know our work takes us to our client sites, coaching and... More

"Proudfoot is about to crash and burn"

Former Employee - Marketing Specialist
    Former Employee - Marketing Specialist

I worked at Proudfoot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome co-workers, Friday lunches and Bagel Wednesday

Cons

Incompetent executive leadership over the years has the company on life support

Advice to Management

Get a clue. Poor management over the years has led to this company's downfall. Churn and burn philosophy over the years instead of investing in the development sales staff has ruined professional relationships and credibility. Apparently its gotten so bad there that top executives are now writing their own glass door reviews to create the false impression that they are reinventing themselves. People who have worked for Proudfoot for many years are abandoning ship. I'd be surprised if the lights were still on by the end of the year.

Sep 13, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your views. As a well funded company we are far from crashing and burning, but I understand the frustration you must feel. A 70 year old brand going through an internal transformation is... More

8. "Business Development"

I worked at Proudfoot full-time

Pros

the one and only reason people are attracted to this place is the potential for high project commissions. the company prepares you for anything and you will work with some of the brightest business minds .

Cons

this industry in general is known for having a culture of abuse. everyone makes knee jerk reactions to the slightest little thing. This could be such a lucrative business if the people involved would get out of their own way.

Advice to Management

Its time to change. The walls are closing in and companies are not as easily persuaded as they used to be. Time to refresh your strategy and get back to business.

"Still in Business - Just"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Proudfoot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

After working here, even if you join another bad company. Its really unlikely to be as bad as working at Proudfoot. On a bad day in the future, you can always lift your spirits by saying to yourself "it could be worse,at least I am not at Proudfoot".

Cons

Culture of fear and bullying. Making decisions on a whim. People constantly joining and leaving. Proudfoot has zero interest in your well being. Don't believe anything that senior management tells you. Total liars.

Advice to Management

Can't be anyone left to vapourise can there?

"Good methodology; Poor execution"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Proudfoot full-time

Pros

-Compensation is about at industry standard
    -You will learn a lot in a short amount of time

Cons

-Company has a solid methodology but is "hit or miss" in terms of execution. There is a lack of rigor in having difficult conversations with top clients for fear that the project may shut down.
    -Alignment at top levels is sometimes not gained by Proudfoot leadership which results in difficult project execution
    -Company is very good an certain types of projects...main problem is they attempt several different types of projects without having the necessary skill-sets in-house (this may come from desperation to get new projects)
    -have historically used a culture of fear to "manage" employees
    -business has been on a downward trend for the last 4-5 years (dramatic decrease in business input since Q2 of 2015).
    -although there is a bonus system, upper management reserves the right to not pay it even if all qualifiers are met (how is that incentivizing behavior exactly?)

Advice to Management

Take a good look at the executive leadership. You have cleaned house at every other level...why not there? Go back to pursuing projects where you have the skillset to be successful and stop make commitments to clients that you know you can never deliver on. If you really want your bonus system to be effective, it needs to have credibility. It has none right now since your employees perceive that their leadership will look for any reason possible not to pay it...despite the qualifiers being met. This is evident by the fact that you refuse to publish the rules of the bonus system anywhere.

Sep 13, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for this feedback. I appreciate you've taken a balanced view and as a new CEO reinventing a 70 year old brand, there are some definite things I can investigate.

On the Bonus program I... More