Providence Health & Services Reviews in Burbank, CA | Glassdoor

Burbank, CA

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Rodney F. Hochman

Pros
  • they have good work life balance (in 59 reviews)

• They treat their employees well and really uphold their core values (in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • Challenges with prioritizing work from leaders; too much work resulting in poor work/life balance (in 21 reviews)

• Hostile upper management who inexplicably complain about short funds but keep adding layers of management i (in 27 reviews)

1. "Review"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great community hospital! All staff are friendly, professional and knowledgeable. We pay a lot of attention to patient satisfaction and final results.
    Clean campus, new and updated technologies.

Cons

Leaders have lost sight of what's important! Adding levels of responsibilities on staff , implementing hiring freezes, constant flexing and larger workloads just seems to put our highest standard of quality "norm" farther and farther out of reach by the day.

Advice to Management

to company CEOs: growth is good when you have stable finance platform. Please fix codding, reimbursement and financial system, it will save more $$$ then cutting jobs.

2. "Laboratory Asst. Three"

Former Employee - Clinical Lab Assistant in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Clinical Lab Assistant in Burbank, CA

Pros

Union position and benefits were good.

Cons

Administration doesn't stay true to their mission statement and strays from following the union contract and guidelines.

Advice to Management

Read your union contract and try maintaining the integrity of your values per the companies mission statement. Was the values of a Catholic organization really considered in business.

"Poorly managed all around"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best reasons to work at Providence is the people you work with. I have worked in different departments and units and I can't say a bad thing about any of the people I have worked with. Centrally located in Burbank, easy to get to from the freeways.

Cons

From top to bottom, management seems to be on a different mission that what they want to project. They don't take suggestions. Also, hospital security is HORRIBLE. I don't want to say much more because I currently work there. There are definitely times I have felt unsafe in situations with hostile patients or their families and I was told I was overreacting.

Advice to Management

LIsten to your employees who are in the trenches. Try to walk in their shoes for two seconds before you create more work to be done.

5. "Good enough"

Current Employee - Health Unit Coordinator in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Health Unit Coordinator in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are good enough, good PTO. You meet some cool people. Good overtime pay. It's a nice place to work.

Cons

It's hard to advance in the company. Sometimes there is favoritism. Management needs to be more supportive of employees and be in touch.

Advice to Management

Communicate with employees.

6. "Director Talent Acquisitions"

Current Employee - Senior Leadership Recruiting Specialist in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Leadership Recruiting Specialist in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture, the values and the mission

Cons

There isn't enough support for talent acquisition, they get moved out of a location for other units to use. Can really make them feel under valued.

"Blood Donor Recruitment Coordinator"

Former Employee - Blood Donor Recruitment Cooedinator in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Blood Donor Recruitment Cooedinator in Burbank, CA

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good job while it lasted. I had a lot of freedom to work from home and out in the Community.

Cons

Lay offs are common. The Department I worked in was closed as many others prior to ours. There is a constant culture of fear of loosing ones job.

Advice to Management

Follow through with your promise to retain and transition lay off Employees into other positions. You are throwing away good talent.

"Admitting volunteer"

Former Employee - Admitting Volunteer in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Admitting Volunteer in Burbank, CA

I worked at Providence Health & Services (Less than a year)

Pros

friendly and really helpful staff

Cons

didnt work ling enough to think of anything.

9. "Blood Donor Recruitment Coordinator"

Former Employee - Blood Donor Recruitment Coordinator in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Blood Donor Recruitment Coordinator in Burbank, CA

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I enjoyed having the freedom to work from home as well as in the field. They try to live up to their Mission Statement and although I was laid off after my Department was closed they have tried to help in my transition with outside Career Services.

Cons

I often had out dated computers and my work station was constantly being moved around. I didn't mind so much however as I worked from home using Citrix.

Advice to Management

Try to retain displaced workers more. You have already invested a lot of Money and resources in a lot of good employees that you don't seem to be able to place in other positions.

"Not a nice place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Pros

In a nice area in Burbank.

Cons

This place is toxic. Forget all the Catholic values they try to push, it is all about the money. It has low patient standards, and even when unsafe practices are brought to managements attention they just ignore them. Management is appalling, as they treat employees horribly by cutting hours and benefits. All the good staff leaves, so the hospital is left with the inept ones to climb the ladder. Also beware, HR lies about benefits

Advice to Management

Change from the top down.

"Worst experience of my career"

Former Employee - Acute Care Staff Registered Nurse in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Acute Care Staff Registered Nurse in Burbank, CA

I worked at Providence Health & Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hospital was close to my home. Main appearance of the hospital is clean and well maintained. State of the art equipment.

Cons

I chose to transfer to a seemingly ethical establishment, but learned quickly that the company did not practice their mission statement.

Advice to Management

It is important to be skilled in the department that you manage.

Showing 21 of 1,114 reviews