Providence Health & Services Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

Providence Health & Services Recruiter Reviews

Updated Nov 29, 2019

2.9
Providence Health & Services CEO Rodney F. Hochman (no image)
Rodney F. Hochman

"Great Benefits and Room for Growth"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Portland, OR

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work for salary and benefits. They also really believe in promoting from within so the potential for career growth is high.

Cons

Constant money issues (some of which they have no control over) lead to layoffs pretty consistently.

Advice to Management

Get your finances in order.

Providence Health & Services2019-09-04

"Time is running out"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Decent insurance, had a successful team

Cons

Poor leadership, not committed to their employees

Advice to Management

Take more pride in your current employees. Look for leadership with stronger healthcare experience and who believe in keeping the company whole and not outsourcing Dept’s to other companies. Taking out whole Dept’s and having outside companies take over is only proving you don’t have the abilities to run a strong, successful organization.

Providence Health & Services2019-11-30

"I'll miss ya"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Renton, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Providence has been a very supportive place to work with good work life balance and a sense of caring for the community. The hiring managers are on the whole good folks.

Cons

They outsourced the entire recruiting function. The bureaucracy can be tiresome.

Advice to Management

You can't hire a million supplemental employees in this market. Encourage folks to hire some FTE you can retain.

Providence Health & Services2019-06-22

"Morally corrupt company filled with lies, deceit, and backstabbing employees."

Current Employee - Recruiter

Pros

None-Take my advice and run.

Cons

Absolutely the worst new hire training, there is no structure. You would think a company this large would have a very specific training platform. Out of all the recruiters (company wide) there is maybe one or two I could speak highly of, but everyone else including Management level is two faced liars. Current team members do not welcome new recruiters with open arms, instead they stick to their clicks, whispering... amongst each other and refusing to help the new recruiters. Worse than high school!!! Managers are aware and don’t care. No one lives by Providence’s core values. I feel for people on the outside who try to apply——I saw so many applicants that had been blackballed by Recruiters and managers. They would see someone’s application come through and automatically reject them for no adequate reason, other than I don’t like them. People are being refused job opportunities because recruiters are playing junior high games. Who knows though maybe it will get better since Providence has outsourced all recruiting efforts to IBM in Manila Philippines!! It will most likely be an improvement for the recruiting process.

Advice to Management

There’s no point, they don’t care.

Providence Health & Services2019-07-29

"Think twice"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

My coworkers were all great to work with.

Cons

In the 10 years I worked for Providence they have laid off workers at least 2 to 3 times a year and they continue to do so. I was not one of the unlucky. I left for a better opportunity and better pay. They pay Nurses much less than most.

Advice to Management

Don't expand the business until you can afford to keep the employees you have and make them the priority. Every time you guys make an acquisition you lay of many hundreds. of dedicated hard working people.

Providence Health & Services2019-06-26
  6. "Great manager!"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

great managers and flexible schedule.

Cons

Scheduling is not fun.

Providence Health & Services2019-06-10

"Senior physician recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Physician Recruiter in Seattle, WA

Pros

Faith based, some great leaders and colleagues that care about you as a person and your professional growth.

Cons

Tap the wrong people to become managers, directors don’t act on severe and numerous complaints against managers, micro managers exist here, retaliation happens without consequence.

Advice to Management

Take action against failing managers that demotivate employees everyday. Find ways to motivate your team as individuals and not as a group. Hire managers externally if you don’t have the right personnel internally at the time of the need.

Providence Health & Services2018-07-27

"Great Organization, Challenging Work"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Renton, WA

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

-team camaraderie was excellent -transparency in all areas of the Talent Acquisition department -goals are customized for each Recruiter, with req. load, types of positions, etc. -flexibility to work a schedule that fits you best, ability to work from home at least once per week -beautiful campus with excellent gym, cafeteria and facilities -compensation very good -excellent benefits package (health coverage,... PTO)

Cons

-the TA team is huge (over 80 Recruiters on Renton campus alone). Not a lot of room for growth -the company bit off more than they could chew when they hired over 70 additional TA professionals in Q2 2016. Laid off many people in Q4 2016. -Merger with St. Joseph provided many challenges

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and flexible with your teams. Provide opportunities for learning and additional project work to keep us stimulated

Providence Health & Services2017-07-11

"They Live the Mission"

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Portland, OR

Pros

Overall Best Company I have ever worked for! Amazing Mission, Benefits, and caregivers. The support offered is outstanding, and there is always encouragement to grow and learn more.

Cons

With any healthcare there is constant change, this may not be a fit for someone who is not good with change.

Providence Health & Services2017-04-29
  10. "Sr. Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Providence is the 3rd largest health care system in the nation. They are not for profit and put the patient at the center of everything that they do. The benefits are great! In an industry that continually strives to make ends meet with lower reimbursements, I feel that they live by their core values.

Cons

I honestly can not think of anything on the down side. I believe that Providence strives to pay it's caregivers fairly and provide great benefits. I've worked for Providence for 24 years.

Advice to Management

Clear communication and outreach to the caregivers doing the work. More understanding of the organizational changes and why they are changing.

Providence Health & Services2017-03-01