Providence Health & Services Reviews | Glassdoor

1,319 reviews

Full-timePart-time

1,319 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • good benefits good work life balance (in 76 reviews)

• Providence has a strong set of core values that you can see in the decisions it makes everyday (in 64 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance" really means work should be your life (in 25 reviews)

• High turnover with upper management (in 33 reviews)

1. "Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time

Pros

Nice people, great company culture, community support and mission

Cons

staff reductions and layoffs and positions were eliminated.

2. "HI Reporting"

Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in Everett, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work - lots to learn

Cons

The company is to large. Grew to fast.

3. "RN"

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time

Pros

competitive pay and convenient location

Cons

6 month wait time till you can use sick or PTO time

4. "Laboratory Clerk"

Current Employee - Laboratory Clerk in Mission Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Laboratory Clerk in Mission Hills, CA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I like what i do in my department in the laboratory. I process specimens and do customer service rep both at the same time. I like working with people mostly the CLS and Phlebotomist. But work and greet people all the time.

Cons

The only down fall i can think of right now is mainly what I've been fighting for this past 8 to 9 years. Becoming a full-time employee at my work. I am currently part-time with full benefits. But not enough pay for the things they want me to do. I work more then 48hrs, mostly almost 75 to 80 hrs with 2wks. My availability varies. If they need me I'm available morning, day and night.

5. "revenue cycle customer service"

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time

Pros

Great mission and benefits. community and family oriented company

Cons

Hard to move to other positions

"Great place to work as long as you get into the right department and have the right manager."

Pros

I liked my job and co-workers in the customer service area answering benefit questions for the members.

Cons

Make sure you ask what are their expectations of the job. Didn't find out until after hired and on the floor of what the call stats expectations were. Was lied to and was told it was an outside source that regulated the stats and then found out that it was actually Providence who actually chose those stats.

Advice to Management

Make sure you treat each employee the same there is so much favoritism towards other employees that you see past their faults and how they act toward their coworkers. Everyone needs to be treated the same way

"Layoffs and high turnover"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing co-workers, pay is relatively good, nice benefits and somewhat flexible for working hours

Cons

They have a lot of "supervisors" that sit around and don't know anything about healthcare - a huge majority of people got so fed up when we realized that one supervisor actually blocked off time in their calendar, to remind them to book rooms. Providence is going downhill, and it's because of the supervisors that don't have experience and get paid a ton.

Advice to Management

You can't keep company morale alive when everyone is told to do everything to reduce spending, yet there are people on payroll making close to six figures that don't do anything. Hire someone internally from providence to be in a supervisor role...it's so frustrating to lose friends and colleagues who do amazing work hiring to layoffs, yet supervisors who still don't know the average nurse salary (or anything healthcare), are sitting around feeling safe during layoffs.

8. "Treatment of Employees is Horrible"

Former Employee - MRI Technologist in Olympia, WA
    Former Employee - MRI Technologist in Olympia, WA

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, Dental and Vision

Cons

Use of Core Values as a punishment to employees, Supervisor only sees one side to a story, do not have enough employees on shift-safety is not considered for employee or patients.

Advice to Management

Tell employees when they do a good job, CORE values should apply to supervisors. The hospital is NOT the military. Employee safety should be top priority along with patients. Have the right amount of staff each shift, instead of looking at how much they can save and get their bonuses

9. "Manager"

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Health insurance flexibility co workers

Cons

Lay offs every year, disorganized at times.

"Providence Medical Group experience"

Former Employee - Leader in Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Leader in Anchorage, AK

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits! Mission driven on the hospital side..not in outpatient department

Cons

Mission is the integral part of Providence but is missing in PMGA department. No leadership and poor communication and too much ego, no mission spirit and they are missing a huge part of "Know me, care for me, ease my way" on all fronts.

Advice to Management

Leadership- look and you will find why they are not meeting measures/results. Growing the internal employees and leading them forward is not being done and instead spending thousands of dollars bringing in new management who need to be trained. Not cost effective or what the Sisters of Providence would have implemented.

Showing 1,319 of 1,359 reviews