Providence Health & Services Senior Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Senior Recruiter

Providence Health & Services Senior Recruiter Reviews

Updated 21 Jun 2019

3.6
Providence Health & Services CEO Rodney F. Hochman (no image)
Rodney F. Hochman
  1. "I love being a Senior Healthcare Recruiter for Providence!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Renton, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team environment in recruiting, very mission oriented, always focused on improving, caring, compassionate, forward thinking and supportive. All levels of leadership do so much to show they care about us and I really appreciate that! My favorite things are Halloween, the BBQ's and the Seahawks rally's /spirit competitions!

Cons

None I can think of. Some have a hard time keeping up with all the change but change is good and always guaranteed.

Providence Health & Services2016-08-14

"I'll miss ya"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Renton, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Providence has been a very supportive place to work with good work life balance and a sense of caring for the community. The hiring managers are on the whole good folks.

Cons

They outsourced the entire recruiting function. The bureaucracy can be tiresome.

Providence Health & Services2019-06-22

"Senior physician recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Physician Recruiter in Seattle, WA

Pros

Faith based, some great leaders and colleagues that care about you as a person and your professional growth.

Cons

Tap the wrong people to become managers, directors don’t act on severe and numerous complaints against managers, micro managers exist here, retaliation happens without consequence.

Providence Health & Services2018-07-27
  4. "Sr. Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Providence is the 3rd largest health care system in the nation. They are not for profit and put the patient at the center of everything that they do. The benefits are great! In an industry that continually strives to make ends meet with lower reimbursements, I feel that they live by their core values.

Cons

I honestly can not think of anything on the down side. I believe that Providence strives to pay it's caregivers fairly and provide great benefits. I've worked for Providence for 24 years.

Providence Health & Services2017-03-01

"Sr. Recruiter"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Faith based values serving a wide range of people.

Cons

Some rigidity of people working there.

Providence Health & Services2016-08-17
  6. "Senior Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Renton, WA

Pros

Career Development opportunities Excellent mission and values Supportive coworkers and clients Non profit, really puts an emphasis on giving back to the communities we serve.

Cons

In the past sometimes work loads have been pretty high, but they are working hard to stabilize that right now.

Providence Health & Services2016-07-06

"Recruiting is like high school"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Renton, WA

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time

Pros

Some co-workers made it tolerable.

Cons

I had to quit to save my sanity. Cliques are rampant and obviously work to shut others out. No opportunity for growth unless you are part of a (lower) 30-something clique with less than 7-years of experience. They promote who they like regardless of who can actually do the job. Weak middle-management leadership. Many of the them are completely two-faced and act so arrogant as though you should be happy to be in their presence. I've never seen so many fake people in my life. You'd think they worked for Apple because the attitudes are so big.

Providence Health & Services2016-05-16

"Senior Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Renton, WA

Pros

Providence is an organization that truly exemplifies our mission and lives by our core values. There is such a level of respect and collaboration that I have not seen in other organizations. The leadership team is dynamic, creative and compassionate. Providence is on the cutting edge of healthcare innovation. It is remarkable to work for such an amazing organization. I appreciate the flexibility offered.

Cons

I have read some of the reviews on Providence. I have not had the poor experience that some have described. We have a term called "Providence nice" and I have only ever seen that type of behavior from leadership and my peers. Compensation is a bit less than other organizations, but the work life balance far exceeds.

Providence Health & Services2016-02-12
  9. "Great place to work to be the catalyst to help Humanity!"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Renton, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been a recruiter for 21 years, having worked as a 3rd party agency recruiter for 20 years. Working at Providence as a Senior Recruiter is the first time I have worked internally. Working for a faith- based non-profit is quite different than working in the for-profit corporate world…and this is a good thing. Providence is all about the mission to help humanity. I am not a doctor and I am not an engineer but I think I am a pretty decent Recruiter. It is very motivating to me to know what I am recruiting folks who are utilizing Big Data technology to do predictive analytics to find cures for chronic illnesses such as cancer, diabetes and heart disease. If I recruit someone who ends up providing a certain bit of data that finds the cure for cancer for instance, I will have great satisfaction in knowing that I may have been the catalyst in helping out in that process. It is great to be a productive part of something that is bigger than myself. Providence is a great place to work! We have true work-life balance here. You will not get financially rich working here like you may working in a for-profit software company. However, we do pay fairly for the work you do here and the benefits are fantastic! Folks who want as much money as possible need to go work for Amazon, Microsoft or other software firms dejour. Then when you burn out from all the long hours you work and the stress that the job demands and you have to then pay for a resulting divorce you may realize that the more modest pay you will get at Providence is more in line with the stress-free life that you deserve. I work an honest 40 to 45 hour work week with a team that is very friendly and supportive. I have worked in a for profit environment before and I have already ridden the financial and emotional roller-coaster….I decided I had enough and I am now blessed to work here at Providence. There are folks who work here that are in their mid 20s to mid 60s in age and are all very mature. There are no cliques, very professional folks who are motivated by supporting our mission to help the poor and the vulnerable. I am in my 40s now and I only wish I had realized sooner the benefits of working here when I was in my 30s.

Cons

Does not pay as well as for profit organizations do. However, if you are at a point in your life where you can scale back a bit on compensation in return for a better work/life balance and far less stress then this is the place for you!

Providence Health & Services2016-01-07

"Fast Moving & Improving Organization"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Portland, OR

Pros

Top leaders are driving change down to caregivers in a way never before appreciated. Because of rapid firing change, the organization has made great strides to improve the entire process. Our organization is seriously focusing on staff engagement at all levels -- they recognize happy workers create delighted customers, patients and physicians. This culture this past year has been far different than previous years. The organization now provides reduced or free healthcare premiums for staff based upon federal poverty guidelines. This is a huge step in PHS creating healthier communities stating at home. We have a retirement plan with 100% funded by PHS. A 50% match for 403b. Match starts at 3% and goes up to 6% with years of service. Lots of perks thru LifeBalance program, phone service discounts etc.

Cons

Despite rapid change were are a still slow moving organization. We are working on agility & nimbleness, but it can be frustrating at times. Not at leaders are on board yet with skills in what it takes to lead well and create an environment of positive energy and engagement.

Providence Health & Services2015-12-18