Providence Health & Services "good benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

Providence Health & Services Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated Nov 19, 2019

3.4
Providence Health & Services CEO Rodney F. Hochman (no image)
Rodney F. Hochman
Pros
  • "Great place to work for, management is really supportive and they really value work life balance(in 94 reviews)

• "Good benefits, no micromanagement, Epic charting(in 88 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "I liked working there"

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Hawthorne, CA

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, no micromanagement, Epic charting. In our clinic, we mostly ran everything.

Cons

Management is very slow to do things. I sometimes questioned if our goals aligned bc often it just felt like they were mostly about money.

Advice to Management

I liked working there.

Providence Health & Services2019-05-25

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse, BSN in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good benefits, quality healthcare professions, and great pay

Cons

it's all about profit, profit, profit. You're just another workman.

Providence Health & Services2019-11-19
  3. "Decent employer"

Current Employee - Practice Manager

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, great doctors, free parking

Cons

Management not very supportive

Providence Health & Services2019-11-09
  4. "It's ok"

Current Employee - Nutrition Assistant in Oregon City, OR

I have been working at Providence Health & Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

Cool people, good benefits, half decent pay

Cons

Bad Management, lack of teamwork from others. No authority from managers, bad work life balance

Advice to Management

Have shift leads for day and night shifts, Train people for things that they know they can succeed in, more consistent schedules.

Providence Health & Services2019-11-10
  5. "It's a Job"

Former Employee - Desktop Support Technician

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, a lot of room to move up

Cons

It's a hospital that you have to support so all of the heartaches and stress that goes along with that

Providence Health & Services2019-10-17
  6. "providence"

Former Employee - Cardiac Monitor Tech in Portland, OR

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good benefits, job security. Good EHR system.

Cons

Pay seems a little low.

Providence Health & Services2019-10-03

"Bigger isn’t necessarily better"

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Better options and opportunity for patients and employees. Good benefits just needing lower deductible and approval to receive care from doctors in our own office.

Cons

Too compartmentalized. Our smaller company recognized and welcomed growth. They encouraged cross training amongst departments. Material was provided to all areas so everyone was in the know and could assist a patient practically from start to finish. Now it’s all separated, patients just passed down the line to another voice on the other line and another. We never know if there have been issues with billing unless... someone

Providence Health & Services2019-09-24

"Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They do a great job of fulfilling "the mission". They have good benefits etc.

Cons

after being here for 8.5 years my pay topped out at at 20.30 per hour. There is a PCC (receptionist) that makes 1 dollar less than me. I have 20 years experience. It is a good place for new MA's to work but not good if you are the "boots on the ground" long term. Because of this I have to resign and work somewhere else where I will be compensated for the work I do and be compensated for having an education beyond... what a receptionist does.

Advice to Management

Expand your pay scales for quality Certified Medical Assistants.

Providence Health & Services2019-08-28

"Seems like a great place to work; it’s not."

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Portland, OR

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Good benefits without long wait period to qualify -Flexible schedule: able to set your start time w/managers approval, ie: 6a, 7a or 8a etc.

Cons

-High claims expectations - Expects you to work on over 100 claims per day -Dark and dreary office was a windowless cubicle world. You spend all your time on the computer and phone calls. It’s like a call center job. -Training, although it felt thorough, did not prepare employees for the variety of claims problems encountered. New employees were trying to help each other problem solve without guidance.... -Doctor’s Note not accepted for illnesses - Providence utilizes a 3rd party to “verify” if an absence is “excused” or “unexcused”. Not understanding this, I brought in a doctor’s note after an illness only to be told my absence was still considered unexcused. Shortly after this my treatment by management took a turn for the worse. It led to a very toxic environment because I had an “unexcused” absence in my first 3 months of employment. It was so toxic in fact, I had to resign because I was becoming physically ill from the stress. -Restrictions on advancement opportunities— you aren’t allowed to apply for other opportunities within the company for certain periods of time. Ie: you have to be in a position for a year or two before you’re allowed to transfer elsewhere within the company. -Parking is VERY limited - the later you start in the morning the less places there are to park and some folks couldn’t get parking at all. -Values disconnect - Providence was trying to improve employee health by banning sodas/soft drinks, yet they sold ice cream, muffins, cookies, fruit juices, candy, etc., an array of food/drink items which easily exceeded the sugar content of the banned sodas. -Pep-Rallies were mandatory - once a month all employees were required to attend a pep rally of sorts at the nearby cancer center’s auditorium. This was required but not useful to employees. It was meant to build solidarity but felt like a waste of time because we didn’t learn anything new to help us improve our work or our relationships with our colleagues. -Employee health wasn’t very helpful - while running a fever one day I ran down to employee health. They confirmed the fever but told me to take a Tylenol and sent me back to work. This was the start of a severe flu they failed to recognize. -Lots of hoops to jump through to onboard - there were several appointments at different locations required to onboard. Blood labs and drug screens were required, vaccines, photo for the ID badge, paperwork completion, etc. all at different facilities and offices, and thus a lot of running around required simply to be set up in the system as an employee.

Advice to Management

-Let potential new hires tour the (cubicles) office when they interview.

Providence Health & Services2019-08-01
  10. "Great"

Former Employee - Patient Registrar

I worked at Providence Health & Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits Staff is awesome Great pay

Cons

Long hours Lots of call outs

Providence Health & Services2019-07-10