Prudential Overall Supply "family owned" Reviews | Glassdoor

Prudential Overall Supply Employee Reviews about "family owned"

Updated Feb 1, 2018

3.6
Prudential Overall Supply CEO Dan Clark (no image)
Dan Clark
Pros
  • "I feel very lucky to work for this Family owned business(in 12 reviews)

• "Great benefits including sick leave, paid holidays, and tuition reimbursement(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "To many levels of ineffective upper management passing on their duties to lower management(in 8 reviews)

• "Long hours; management does not last(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "family owned"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Prudential Overall Supply full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Family owned culture where workplace values are driven by integrity and treating all employees with respect. The Riverside plant has many employees with 25+ years of tenure. Very positive atmosphere. Great place to have a career. Many opportunities to grow within the company.

Cons

N/A-GM allows his management team to manage their districts. No micro managing

Advice to Management

Continue to praise and reward top performers

Prudential Overall Supply2018-02-02
  2. "Plant Manager"

Pros

Great place to work. I feel very lucky to work for this Family owned business. Have excellent pay and great benefits.

Cons

I don't have any complaints

Prudential Overall Supply2017-02-06
  3. "Career jumpstart"

General Manager

I have been working at Prudential Overall Supply

Pros

If you're someone who performs and you're looking for a career, Prudential is definitely the place to be. They move quickly on people who show promise, become actively involved in their future, their training and getting them to the GM level. Family-owned and operated, the GM's are given a lot of autonomy and trust to run their facility as long as it's run within company guidelines and the operator shows good... judgement. Ideas are heard from the Executive Group and feedback is ongoing. They send their GM's to Executive Management training programs, offer tuition reimbursement without a thousand hoops to get it done, benefits and hands-on assistance with them. Profit sharing, 401kmatch and the C-Suite is always looking for ways to be competitive. They allow leaders to think outside the box and encourage that. Unlike large, corporate, management heavy companies, Prudential is open to trying new things as long as it stays within the basic culture of the company. The owner visits every facility multiple times a year, completing a Route Observation (or 2) and several customer visitations, keeping his ear to the ground.

Cons

Once you've become a GM there isn't really much room for advancement past that point. The above Pros rely largely on who your Regional Manager is, some are much more inspirational than others.

Advice to Management

As the company continues to grow, positions within the company above the GM level should and I imagine will, increase.

Prudential Overall Supply2016-06-30
  4. "Great place to be!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Family owned and operated company. Strong culture and proud history.Tremendous growth opportunities provided for employees willing to work hard and continue to sharpen the saw. Company currently entering into third generation ownership.

Cons

Maybe a little too conservative regarding facial hair and attire.

Advice to Management

Management must continue to stay customer focus.

Prudential Overall Supply2016-06-29
  5. "Great Family Owned Company"

I have been working at Prudential Overall Supply

Pros

Family owned; direct and consistent access to the owner and top management; great benefits package; nights, weekends and 7 paid holidays off; competitive pay; 401k; tuition reimbursement; profit share; the company is growing; the company focuses on growth and promotions within the company. Overall I love it here!

Cons

It would be nice to be on the cutting edge of technology in the industry. As another review mentioned, the company can be slow to update some of its technology.

Prudential Overall Supply2016-06-29
  6. "District Sales Manager"

I have been working at Prudential Overall Supply

Pros

Best of the best! Without a doubt Prudential is the finest Company I've ever had the pleasure of working with. If you're in the Textile Rental Industry - this is the BEST SALES ORGANIZATION with TONS OF OPPORTUNITY for personal and future growth. Our leaders are true Textile Rental professionals and working for a family owned locally operated concern makes Prudential the place to be. Celebrating 80+ years of... success, this is one Company you can certainly be proud to be a part of.

Cons

There is nothing wrong with this Company - we're in growth mode!

"Corporate Sales Representative"

I have been working at Prudential Overall Supply full-time

Pros

Family owned and operated, debt free

Cons

Poor management, keep managers because of there tenure as opposed to productivity

Advice to Management

Get rid of upper management if they are unproductive, do not hold on to to them because they have been there so long.

Prudential Overall Supply2015-06-24

"Being an employee at Prudential"

Current Employee - Corporate Sales Representative in Carson, CA

I have been working at Prudential Overall Supply full-time for less than a year

Pros

Prudential Overall Supply has a great culture. It's family owned and operated, and it is a great place to grow.

Cons

I have been here for 4 months and I don't have anything negative to say.

Prudential Overall Supply2015-05-28

"Good until you've been there a while. No care for the injured at work."

Current Employee - Corporate Sales Representative in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Family owned business is not on the stock market. they are debt free. They usually pay on time as long as you aren't on sick leave .

Cons

They don't value their long term employees. Their isn't any instinctive for long term employees to stay. There is no seniority pay based on the # of years you work there. They deny all workers comp claims without cause or knowing the facts. They are currently ripping off their customers to increase revenue by increasing replacement charges and adding in additional charges above what the contracts states.

Advice to Management

Fire the GM of the Tucson plant. There is "SEXUAL HARASSMENT" and racial slurs and insulting profanity which is encouraged by the GM by his example. Put in a"mystery trainee" to see and report what actually happens in your Tucson plant. I have actual documentation of evidence of my findings.

Prudential Overall Supply2013-03-19

"Great company to work for but the benefits could be better."

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Prudential Overall Supply full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Family owned, well established, been around 80 years. Great support from upper management. Management very thin at the top, not a lot of red tape or politics to deal with.

Cons

They need to offer better benefits.

Advice to Management

Better the benefits that are offered.

Prudential Overall Supply2012-11-02