Prudential Overall Supply "tuition reimbursement" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Prudential Overall Supply Employee Reviews about "tuition reimbursement"

Updated Jul 1, 2016

3.6
Prudential Overall Supply CEO Dan Clark (no image)
Dan Clark
Pros
  • "I feel very lucky to work for this Family owned business(in 12 reviews)

• "Great benefits including sick leave, paid holidays, and tuition reimbursement(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "To many levels of ineffective upper management passing on their duties to lower management(in 8 reviews)

• "Long hours; management does not last(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "tuition reimbursement"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work and advance!"

Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Prudential Overall Supply full-time

Pros

Culture of internal promotion and development of employees. I started as a management trainee and have been promoted several times to my current role as a General Manager. Monday - Friday only; No nights or weekends. Debt free secure company that has been in business for more than 84 years. Great benefits including sick leave, paid holidays, and tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Slow to embrace new technology, but does keep pace with the industry as a whole. Some parts of job can get dirty given the industries we service.

Advice to Management

Embrace improvements in technology that can move the company forward. Continue to focus on internal promotions which help improve the overall employee base and provide incentives for those that work hard.

Prudential Overall Supply2016-07-01
  2. "Career jumpstart"

General Manager

I have been working at Prudential Overall Supply

Pros

If you're someone who performs and you're looking for a career, Prudential is definitely the place to be. They move quickly on people who show promise, become actively involved in their future, their training and getting them to the GM level. Family-owned and operated, the GM's are given a lot of autonomy and trust to run their facility as long as it's run within company guidelines and the operator shows good... judgement. Ideas are heard from the Executive Group and feedback is ongoing. They send their GM's to Executive Management training programs, offer tuition reimbursement without a thousand hoops to get it done, benefits and hands-on assistance with them. Profit sharing, 401kmatch and the C-Suite is always looking for ways to be competitive. They allow leaders to think outside the box and encourage that. Unlike large, corporate, management heavy companies, Prudential is open to trying new things as long as it stays within the basic culture of the company. The owner visits every facility multiple times a year, completing a Route Observation (or 2) and several customer visitations, keeping his ear to the ground.

Cons

Once you've become a GM there isn't really much room for advancement past that point. The above Pros rely largely on who your Regional Manager is, some are much more inspirational than others.

Advice to Management

As the company continues to grow, positions within the company above the GM level should and I imagine will, increase.

Prudential Overall Supply2016-06-30
  3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Prudential Overall Supply full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits and competitive pay, owner and executives are fair, opportunities for advancement, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs, car and cell phone allowances where applicable. No night or weekend work.

Cons

Sometimes can be long hours. Every position has a lot of high expectations. Holiday times mean more work to earn the day off.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees. Consider online universities as part of the reimbursement program. Stop finding small things throughout the year that affect employee's raises.

Prudential Overall Supply2016-06-29
  4. "Great Family Owned Company"

I have been working at Prudential Overall Supply

Pros

Family owned; direct and consistent access to the owner and top management; great benefits package; nights, weekends and 7 paid holidays off; competitive pay; 401k; tuition reimbursement; profit share; the company is growing; the company focuses on growth and promotions within the company. Overall I love it here!

Cons

It would be nice to be on the cutting edge of technology in the industry. As another review mentioned, the company can be slow to update some of its technology.

Prudential Overall Supply2016-06-29
  5. "What a great company to make a career at!"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Irvine, CA

Pros

Internal promotion-I started as a management trainee in 1995 and worked my way up over the last 20 years. Tuition reimbursement-The company paid for me to go back to school and get my MBA while working full time at the University of New Mexico. Hands-on management from the owner-Dan Clark (second generation) is active on a daily basis in the basis; from running routes, to customer visits, to plant operational... reviews Dan is working somewhere in his business every day. In addition, the third generation is also actively working in the business as an operations manager. Paid holidays, vacation, sick time, 401 K + 401K matching AND profit sharing, debt free, open door access and visibility to top executives, large majority of managers are internal promotions. There are a LOT of pros.

Cons

Having been in business since 1932 and in a very bricks and mortar industry the company is not always quick to adapt the newest technology or change its methods of operation.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on delivering services to customers that meet or exceed their expectations and hire and develop talent for future growth opportunities.

Prudential Overall Supply2016-06-28