Prudential Reviews | Glassdoor

Prudential Reviews

Updated January 18, 2018

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work Life Balance is definitely not one of the thing if you are a high achiever (in 60 reviews)

• Long hours but good options to work from home (in 28 reviews)

1. "Great Company; Avoid Chicago Group Insurance Office"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Prudential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It’s a great company to work for. Strong benefits and really good people. The company has a great name brand that is well respected in the market.

Cons

The Chicago office is a really poor working environment. One person is really successful but makes life awful for everyone else. For some reason management allows the verbal and emotional abuse to take place without doing anything about it. Several people have recently left and more are leaving soon. It’s really too bad.

Jan 22, 2018

We appreciate your candid review and we're sorry to hear that you had this experience. We can forward your concern to someone who can assist you or if you need to discuss this further, you can email... More

2. "Director"

I worked at Prudential part-time

Pros

Good company to work in with many valuable training to average employees.

Cons

Slow pace and with heavy politics involved.

Jan 5, 2018

We appreciate your candid opinion. If you’d like to discuss more, feel free to email us at staffing@prudential.com.

"Investment Operations Associate"

I worked at Prudential full-time

Pros

It was a great experience to have straight out of college. The title was a fancy way to say, back office operations. If operations and reporting is where you see yourself, then this is the job for you. Prudential is split into groups, and each group has several teams. It gives you the opportunity to rotate throughout your group, and learn all the different roles.

Cons

I was taught that it is good to get your foot in the door with a big company to gain some experience and than more internally for the job that you want. I realized quickly that it is difficult regardless if you're looking internally or applying out to different opportunities. Although there are several groups and teams, you are stuck within the operations group, just getting a different learning experiences with each role. So if you're someone who learns early on, that operations is not for you - it is very difficult to transfer to a different group.

Advice to Management

Understand your employees interests. I started my career in operations, but found that I had a real interest in systems and technology. If management paid better attention, they would see that they could use this interest, and combine it with the knowledge I've gained, and help create better processes for the group. Instead, they did not offer anything besides operations and forced me to look for new opportunities outside Prudential.

Dec 26, 2017

Thank you for your review. We value the feedback we receive here on Glassdoor. This information is valuable as we assess our processes and programs. If you’d like to discuss more, feel free to email... More

4. "Anonymous"

I have been working at Prudential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people and good benefits.

Cons

Things move slowly work wise as well as professionally. Promotions are based more on tenure than performance. Moving between departments is virtually impossible too.

Advice to Management

Concentrate more on harnessing in company talent than hiring externally. Will boost morale and reduce employee turnover

Jan 22, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We value the opinions of our employees and encourage you to have open discussions with your manager.

5. "Customer Service Associate"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Prudential full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The environment is positive and the training is great for associates that are starting out in the customer service industry.

Cons

Pressure that is put on the affiliates to meet projected goals while having to follow procedures instead of being able to make judgement call to benefit the client.

"Prudential"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dresher, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dresher, PA

I have been working at Prudential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can be a great place to work depending on what you're looking for. There's opportunity to start and advance in a career.

Cons

The opportunities to advance are usually limited to continuing in service or moving on to sales or processing. The CSR position is a dull, unattached, and miserable job that affords very few opportunities to contribute to anything meaningful or feel engaged in your work. The intrinsic and extrinsic benefits in this position are as minimal as a they could be for a full time, entry level position.

Advice to Management

Give employees more opportunity to showcase their particular skills and abilities.

7. "PRU"

I have been working at Prudential full-time

Pros

Work life Balance, Location, Team Environment

Cons

Culture, lacks growth opportunities, no accountability

Jan 22, 2018

We appreciate your honest opinion. If you’d like to discuss more, feel free to email us at staffing@prudential.com.

8. "Insurance company"

Former Employee - Actuary in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Actuary in Newark, NJ

I worked at Prudential full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great work life balance; very open to telecommuting

Cons

Organization is in a reorg currently and not so settled right now

Jan 22, 2018

Thank you. We appreciate your candid feedback.

9. "Financial Advisor"

I have been working at Prudential full-time

Pros

Ability to work as much as you want
    A lot of independence, and willingness from management to support new ideas

Cons

All Commission
    70 hour work weeks are encouraged

Nov 30, 2017 – Director, Talent Brand & Marketing

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased you had some positive things to say about your experience with Prudential Advisors. We hope that you find Prudential to be a safe and open environment to... More

10. "Vice President"

Former Employee - Vice President in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Vice President in Newark, NJ

I worked at Prudential full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

they are trying to be talent focused

Cons

Much consolidation and job uncertainty now.

Jan 22, 2018

Thank you. We appreciate your candid feedback.

Showing 499 of 1,925 reviews